Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else looking at what happened in California, and taking an extra step to "future-proof" your mags?  I went on every website I remember odering mags from, and printed out every receipt I could as proof of date purchased.  For ant type of mags I don't have any kind of receipt for, I bought a couple extra, just to have a receipt from before the ban date.  I hope it never comes to having to prove innocence, but I don't trust Washington State to protect my freedoms anymore.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]
@Rope-A-Dope

Midway has Mec-Gar Hi-Power magazines back in stock.  Limit 2 on the 15-round magazines.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1371114282

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:37:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else looking at what happened in California, and taking an extra step to "future-proof" your mags?  I went on every website I remember odering mags from, and printed out every receipt I could as proof of date purchased.  For ant type of mags I don't have any kind of receipt for, I bought a couple extra, just to have a receipt from before the ban date.  I hope it never comes to having to prove innocence, but I don't trust Washington State to protect my freedoms anymore.
View Quote

Before this bill was passed it had prohibition plus a few lines of text requiring proof such as photographic evidence of ownership prior to law going into effect.

Both of those were removed and now its just a ban on sales. So theres NO requirement for proof. Zero.

Will that change in the future? Who knows. Im missing reciepts but I saved a bunch. I am however prepared to do the photograph/documentation thing if it ever comes up again.

But still, for right now we dont have to worry about it. Its always a good idea to save your receipts though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Before this bill was passed it had prohibition plus a few lines of text requiring proof such as photographic evidence of ownership prior to law going into effect.

Both of those were removed and now its just a ban on sales. So theres NO requirement for proof. Zero.

Will that change in the future? Who knows. Im missing reciepts but I saved a bunch. I am however prepared to do the photograph/documentation thing if it ever comes up again.

But still, for right now we dont have to worry about it. Its always a good idea to save your receipts though.
View Quote

I don't think it will ever get to that point, they will just amend the law to un-grandfather all old mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think it will ever get to that point, they will just amend the law to un-grandfather all old mags.
View Quote

That will be a lot easier than that pesky "Innocent until proven Guilty" problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That will be a lot easier than that pesky "Innocent until proven Guilty" problem.
View Quote

Short-term we’re screwed but I’m somewhat hopeful that the Supreme Court will hear Duncan v Bonta and put the issue to rest, hopefully in our favor.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Rope-A-Dope

Midway has Mec-Gar Hi-Power magazines back in stock.  Limit 2 on the 15-round magazines.  

View Quote

Thanks for that heads up.  Passed it on to a friend who needed a few more (yesterday before they sold out).

rob
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@Rope-A-Dope

View Quote

Thanks.  I've already got some coming from our benevolent owners (Brownell's).  Unfortunately, they are en-route via FedEx so they may not get here in time for the July deadline.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I have some older 30rd PMAGs and new 30rd Hexmags I can sell to WA residents
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]
FREE SHIPPING ON GEN 2 MOE PMAG BULK PACKS!

6 Pack: $53.94 Shipped
10 Pack: $86.99 Shipped
25 Pack: $212.50 Shipped
100 Pack: $824.99 Shipped

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/bulk-pack-pmag-30-ar-m4-gen-m2-moe-5-56x45mm-nato-free-shipping/
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Just finished a P80 G19 build...need some more mags for that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Midway has Polymer 80 G19 15 rd mags on sale for 9 bucks apiece....ordered some for the G19
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just finished a P80 G19 build...need some more mags for that.
View Quote

The AC Unity ("Bosnian") Glock mags have been good for me, RTG and CDNN both have them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#14]
12 - 25 round PMAGs for AR10
11 KUSA KP-9 30 rounders for a pistol I don’t have yet.
7 FDE 33rd Glock OEM 9mm
8 Magpul 35rd CZ Scorpion.

I’ve been placing a magazine order every payday for the last couple of months.

I’ll get a few more Scorpion 35’s and Glock 33’s and probably a drum or two for the Scorpion and 9mm PCC. I might also get a 12 pack of those cheap AC Unity MP-5 mags for the hell of it.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#15]
CZ Scorpion magazines (30s) on clearance at Midway:  
Link
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Link
View Quote

Thanks for the link! Other than AR308 thats the one mag Im purchasing for something I dont have yet.

Just made my final ar15 mag purchases
Cant justify any more at this point
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Greg Cote has BHP 15rd MecGar Mags
Even the nickel plated style.

I've had good service from Greg Cote in the past.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Greg Cote is always good to go.

I think I over bought if that is possible.

I guess I should start selling a few before July 01
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick up a few.....plan on buying a SA35  soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I keep hoping he'll get some of those P320 act mags in time
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Link
View Quote
Grabbed a few, as well as magpul 300Blk mags

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:I keep hoping he''ll get some of those P320 act mags in time
View Quote
Same here.
EDIT:  Found this listing on GB for Sig M17 magazines at $29.99+tax shipped.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/934061847
(Hotlink won’t work for some reason)
I ordered four and will post an evaluation of the seller when they arrive.

EDIT:   Magazines arrived and they are exactly as expected.  Mec-Gar USGI M17 magazines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

What's the difference between the magpul .223 and .300 blk mags......I've just been using .223 mags for my blackout rifles, they seem to work pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What's the difference between the magpul .223 and .300 blk mags......I've just been using .223 mags for my blackout rifles, they seem to work pretty well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFAIK, the 300 specific mags work better if you are using heavy subsonic weight projectiles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

AFAIK, the 300 specific mags work better if you are using heavy subsonic weight projectiles.

ETA First double tap since I have been here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Does the 556 mag malfunction more with 300blk or is it just a safety measure for that bigger spring?

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Good buy on range mags;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sup Bob (or the poor intern...[Snip]

.... but fuck you.

<3 An American who isn’t afraid to tell somebody what’s up.
View Quote

8/10 Repetive use of fuck was underutilized.

But I like it
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Exactly.  Or at least what I'm told since I really don't plan on 300 Supers being a regular thing
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But I like it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sup Bob (or the poor intern...[Snip]

.... but fuck you.

<3 An American who isn’t afraid to tell somebody what’s up.

But I like it

Good to see ya posting..hope you're doing well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#32]

BHA is awesome.

I have two more HKs I got from them and waiting for the paperwork to clear now.

Ordered 2 ea of D50 Pcc and MP5 drums. Thinking of getting a few more of each. I have more pmags than I know what to do with. Ordered stacks of the VP9 20’s since they fit so many HK guns.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Damnit!

I think at this point I just have to make peace with having as many AR mags as I ever will.

Edit- Okay I lied. I need to find a few translucent Lancers. I always thought they looked cool but somehow I never ended up with any. Yes, I really just want them because they look cool.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Damnit!

I think at this point I just have to make peace with having as many AR mags as I ever will.

Edit- Okay I lied. I need to find a few translucent Lancers. I always thought they looked cool but somehow I never ended up with any. Yes, I really just want them because they look cool.
View Quote

If you’re in the Lacey area, Cash Northwest has smoke Lancers for $15 IIRC.  It’s one of those small shops that’s needs to get rid of their inventory.

Let Freedom Ring is on the same block.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Damnit!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Damnit!

This is as good a place as any for a CSB.

About 2011/2012? I was in a Sportsman Whorehouse and they had Lancer L5s for $8.99 on closeout, grabbed a dozen, when I checked out they gave me a $20 off $100 on your next visit.

I went back a few days later and the shelf was bare of the L5.  I asked the counter guy and he said they got in more and he went and brought out the then new L5AWM.  I had him beep it, came up $8.99

For the next week, buy 12, get coupon for 20 off, repeat, buy 12.

I think at the time I figured they netted down to about $7.36ea

In hindsight, they probably had a pricing error and marked the new mag with the old price, but in my defense, maybe $8.99 was the new price, the mag was new at the time.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is as good a place as any for a CSB.

About 2011/2012? I was in a Sportsman Whorehouse and they had Lancer L5s for $8.99 on closeout, grabbed a dozen, when I checked out they gave me a $20 off $100 on your next visit.

I went back a few days later and the shelf was bare of the L5.  I asked the counter guy and he said they got in more and he went and brought out the then new L5AWM.  I had him beep it, came up $8.99

For the next week, buy 12, get coupon for 20 off, repeat, buy 12.

I think at the time I figured they netted down to about $7.36ea

In hindsight, they probably had a pricing error and marked the new mag with the old price, but in my defense, maybe $8.99 was the new price, the mag was new at the time.

View Quote

Yeah I'm jealous. So far the best deal I've found is Lanbo's - $12 each + $10 flat shipping
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got my mags today...man, that was fast shipping
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Well "a few Lancers" became 10 Lancers... $125 from lanbosarmory with $5 off $100 coupon "facebook". Only the translucent FDE were at that price for some reason.

I'll sell some Pmags so I don't feel so bad about it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Being retired, I still have friends at my old job and the main topic “what magazines are you buying” and up who has the “best deals” on Glock, Sig, AR or AK magazines.  Hell, I’ve even given a friend a couple of AK-74 and HK G3 magazines.  Plus, I’ll be clearing out some excess magazines as well later this week and post them on the State’s EE board.

Ferguson is way beyond a fucktard and I know I’m not the only true Washingtonian receiving weekly packages in the mail.  

This will not stop criminals from being criminals and sadly, they know it, but it’s one step closer to their goal of making Washington into another California.  Thugs are still going to shoot people for no reason, other than that they’re criminals. Being born and raised here, it’s sad to see my homeland slipping away, more and more, each and every year.

I’m waiting to see some fucking libtard at a local gun shop or at Sportsman’s Warehouse trying to buy a new 15rd magazine for his/her/its  Glock after July 1st, only to have that dumbass look on their face since the bullshit THEY supported has now bit him/her/it in the ass.
View Quote

It's funny you mention Sportsman's Warehouse, when I was picking up my SP5 at the start of Covid as they are the only dealer who seems to get cool HK stuff in stock and not try to rob me for it, I had a discussion with a guy who seemed to take offense that I said "I hadn't seen lines like this at gunshops since Obama got elected". He was also surprised they made pistols as large as the SP5.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's funny you mention Sportsman's Warehouse, when I was picking up my SP5 at the start of Covid as they are the only dealer who seems to get cool HK stuff in stock and not try to rob me for it, I had a discussion with a guy who seemed to take offense that I said "I hadn't seen lines like this at gunshops since Obama got elected". He was also surprised they made pistols as large as the SP5.
View Quote

The first time I saw a hi-point in person was at Sportman's. Dang those things are huge. I just looked up the SP5. I did not expect Sportman's to carry a $3,500 firearm

It totally bums me out seeing standard capacity mags on the wall that will soon no longer be there. So stupid. Feel bad for all of the younger people trying to get into firearms after.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No I’m just not going to tell them shit.

I DID learn though that when you buy Polish AK mags from Atlantic, they send them in little baggies with a big green DATE OF ACQUISITION sticker on the side with the date i paid for them printed on it, so I’ll probably keep the baggies around for a rainy day. The rest of my stuff? They can get fucked.

Holy crap tho. I went ham on those mags.

I wasn’t even in the market for mags and now have enough new ones for an infantry platoon. And a new AK, and a new Glock. And a new suppressor waiting on a stamp. And a bunch of ammo on the way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Ordering more pmag drums.

D50's HK & PCC 9mm

Maybe some more MP5 mags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I ABSOLITELY HATE THIS STUPID law
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#44]
just got in a half dozen Black Dog .22LR AR mags and a BCA dedicated .22LR upper...that came with a pinned CMMG mag...now unpinned.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#45]
10 more Glock mags, needed some 19 length ones.  2 more scorpion mags and some dedicated 300 blk mags
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Been buying like a maniac for over a month. Just got 2 15 round, and 2 25 round mags for my newly aquired Advantage Arms 22lr Glock conversion. Oddly enough, it came with 2 15 rounders. I'm also getting a couple 10 rounders that will fit flush.
Got a drum mag and some BX25's for my 10/22 on the way too. Other stuff I've gotten is a LOT of AR mags, a few AR10 mags, a ton of Glock mags, a few Colt style AR9 mags, and even 10 Bren mags for an as yet undone Bren Semi Auto kit, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Greg cotes has p226 mecgars in stock
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Another package from Weapon Outfitters arrived today.

OOS on the OKAY surefeed 20s though.  I like them for 300BO
View Quote

Okay 20s are getting hard to find. I snagged a couple last week from primary arms
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Okay 20s are getting hard to find. I snagged a couple last week from primary arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another package from Weapon Outfitters arrived today.

OOS on the OKAY surefeed 20s though.  I like them for 300BO

Just looked around on-line definitely drying up.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top