Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the law as it is with prohibition or is that removed?

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1006 was exemption for private security/investigator.
View Quote

Gotcha - thanks FK
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My latest messages to my legislators (all three in the 26th LD oppose this bill) simply asked them to pass it on to their colleagues that the message is clear: that the legislature actually hates the populace of this state. They neutered police so that they cannot respond to violent crime, property theft, etc. leading to a direct correlating increase in crime for which we are our only first line of defense. Now despite the practical criminal free for all we find ourselves in, they want to limit our capacity to respond in self defense. I simply will not abide by this legislation if it is passed, neither will many other Washingtonians. If they love criminals so much, it would make total sense that they would want to make more by transforming us into criminals via unpopular legislation passed in the dead of night.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Which one of these is the bill as its currently being voted on?

Im trying to find out whether this bill has prohibition still or if its just a ban on sales now?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Can’t stand listening to Dhingra - always sounds like she’s about to cry
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:20:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Can someone break this down for me. What’s going on exactly? Tried watching to live feed
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can’t stand listening to Dhingra - always sounds like she’s about to cry
View Quote

At one point when the Senator was offering to drop another amendment it seemed she thought the whole thing was rather funny.
    I guess the parts of our constitution that she doesn't agree with are some kind of a joke.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can someone break this down for me. What’s going on exactly? Tried watching to live feed
View Quote

I think it’s the final debate before the vote.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this with or without prohibition?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I don’t know, I’m interested as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don’t know, I’m interested as well.
View Quote

So am I!

Last I heard a few days ago they changed the bill to make it more palatable to moderate dems by removing the prohibition and just making it a ban on sales.

Im curious if its still just a ban on sales.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Final vote
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So am I!

Last I heard a few days ago they changed the bill to make it more palatable to moderate dems by removing the prohibition and just making it a ban on sales.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know, I'm interested as well.

So am I!

They skipped a 3rd reading, we're down to comments and a final vote tonight:

ESSB 5078 was just passed, 28-20, along party lines.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As I too recently found out:  the two bills do not have to be in perfect alignment or parity.

However:  when the Senate version crosses over to the House chamber, if the folks in the House don’t concur with the Senate version, the House will amend the bill and send it back to the Senate Chamber for their approval.  That is one benefit of the bicameral legislative process:  BOTH chambers have to agree on the language of the bill before it is presented to the governor for signature (the “executive”).

So it is possible that if we make enough noise that 5078 can get held up and the clock runs out.
View Quote

Refresh my memory here.  Didn’t something like this pass one or both of the two chambers before and they didn’t get them in parity, or something like that?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Fuck
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They skipped a 3rd reading, we're down to comments and a final vote tonight:

ESSB 5078 was just passed, 28-20, along party lines.
View Quote

Just saw that

Now what? Is it going to the governor now?

Or does it go to the house for more debate?

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Goes to the house.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:48:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My latest messages to my legislators (all three in the 26th LD oppose this bill) simply asked them to pass it on to their colleagues that the message is clear: that the legislature actually hates the populace of this state. They neutered police so that they cannot respond to violent crime, property theft, etc. leading to a direct correlating increase in crime for which we are our only first line of defense. Now despite the practical criminal free for all we find ourselves in, they want to limit our capacity to respond in self defense. I simply will not abide by this legislation if it is passed, neither will many other Washingtonians. If they love criminals so much, it would make total sense that they would want to make more by transforming us into criminals via unpopular legislation passed in the dead of night.
View Quote

All very true. Fuck ‘em
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Goes to the house.
View Quote

So should we. Sadly, we are not allowed pitchforks and torches.

I trust my house members to vote against the companion bill.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I fucking loathe democrats.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont think they will vote on the companion bill.  I think now they will debate the senate version and either pass it as it is or amend it.  If they amend it it has to go back to the senate.
Sorry I'm rusty on my parliamentary procedure rules. But I'm pretty sure that is how it goes.
I think tomorrow there will be a " bill as passed by the senate" version on the 5078 page. Should shoe any amendments that were accepted.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:30:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So am I!

View Quote

In looking at the adopted amendments I assume this is correct.

Read amendment S3477.5, the second one down in the list.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:32:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck.

I pray somehow it can be stopped in the House but i am losing hope.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck.

I pray somehow it can be stopped in the House but i am losing hope.
View Quote

41 Republicans

57 Democrats

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Did I hear right that Manka Dhingra was laughing at the opposing testimony?

Is that fat bitch even a US citizen?

eta Wow I had a post get auto deleted on /r/WA_guns for swearing. I had no idea how lame that place has become.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did I hear right that Manka Dhingra was laughing at the opposing testimony?

Is that fat bitch even a US citizen?

eta Wow I had a post get auto deleted on /r/WA_guns for swearing. I had no idea how lame that place has become.
View Quote

Yep.

They made another reddit called "WAGuns" now because of the stupid rules on the other one. I had posts deleted and flagged on it before for critizing the democrats and Biden...
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let's not forget how any gun-related offenses are often plea bargained away before it even gets to trial. So much for "fighting crime". At this point, I want the defunding of police to accelerate in earnest for this regressive, oppressive state government.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Two amandment were adopted, S3477.5 and S4446.1

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Amendments/Senate/5078-S%20AMS%20LIIA%20S3477.5.pdf

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Amendments/Senate/5078-S%20AMS%20WAGO%20S4446.1.pdf

Below is the "Effect" section of each...

S3477.5:

EFFECT: (1) Limits the prohibition to the manufacture,
distribution, or sale of large capacity magazines.
(2) Defines a large capacity magazine as a device that may accept
more than 10 rounds.
(3) Makes violations of this act a violation of the Consumer
Protection Act.
(4) Amends the legislative findings and intent.
(5) Amends the definition of "manufacture" to include the
fabrication or construction of large capacity magazines.
(6) Adds to the prohibitions of this bill a prohibition against
the manufacture of large capacity magazines.
(7) Adds the manufacture of large capacity magazines by a
licensed firearms manufacturer, for the purposes of sale to any
branch of the armed forces of the U.S. or the State of Washington, or
to a law enforcement agency in this state, to the exclusions from the
prohibitions of this bill.
(8) Amends the title.
(9) Adds a definition of "import."
(10) Adds to the prohibitions of this bill a prohibition against
the importation of large capacity magazines.
(11) Adds importation of large capacity magazines by a licensed
firearms manufacturer or dealer to the exclusions from the
prohibition of this bill.
(12) Amends the definition of "distribute."
(13) Amends the exception to prohibitions against the
manufacture, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for sale of
large capacity magazines as it relates to transactions between
properly licensed dealers and persons legally authorized to possess
or transfer large capacity magazines.

S4446.1:

EFFECT: Clarifies the definition of "import" to exclude
individuals who return to Washington with the same large capacity
magazine they left Washington with.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#32]
@Frostbite

Im at work, cant read the bill.

The one they passed last night is only a ban on sales, and not the prohibition (cant use, transport, must show proof of ownership prior to law inaction) law we had before?

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Is there a video of this moron laughing during testimony during the debate?  I'd love to post that on a couple forums and pass it along to my liberal gun buddies who said this would never happen in Washington.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is there a video of this moron laughing during testimony during the debate?  I'd love to post that on a couple forums and pass it along to my liberal gun buddies who said this would never happen in Washington.
View Quote

On my mobile and I have not watched this, so I can’t say for certain, but here is some archive video from yesterday’s Senate floor debate.  09 Feb Senate floor debate (1 hour-ish)

You might find more if you poke around the TVW site a bit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Alright folks - RESPECTFULLY - don’t invest a lot of time trying to interpret SB 5078 right this minute.

IT STILL HAS TO GO THROUGH THE HOUSE CHAMBER!!!

This means a number of things:

1) Our fight is NOT OVER!!!  Remember:  EVERY member of the House of Representatives is up for re-election this coming November.  Not every Dem is from a deep-blue district.  IT’S TIME TO BOMBARD THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE WITH CALLS AND E-MAILS!!!

2)Our pro-gun allies in the House will be attaching amendments to this bill like crazy.  Both as a tactic to possibly stall the bill out but also any amendment that passes in the House means that the bill will have to go back to the Senate for concurrence.  Which means ANOTHER floor vote in the Senate.  

3)What passed yesterday can still be modified (good or bad) during the House session, so there is no guarantee that what you read today will be what passes as law IF IT EVEN PASSES.

AGAIN:  THIS ONLY PASSED THE SENATE CHAMBER - IT IS NOT LAW YET.  WE STILL HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO STOP THIS!!!

Buy all the mags you want now, but PLEASE KEEP MAKING NOISE!  KEEP THAT PRESSURE UP ON THE HOUSE!!!  OUR PATH IS NOT EASY BUT QUITTERS NEVER WIN!!!

STAY INTHE FIGHT
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They made another reddit called "WAGuns" now because of the stupid rules on the other one. I had posts deleted and flagged on it before for critizing the democrats and Biden...
View Quote

Reddit was part of the Big Tech manipulation of The Election. I stopped going there after they removed The_Donald subreddit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Alright folks - RESPECTFULLY - don’t invest a lot of time trying to interpret SB 5078 right this minute.

1) Our fight is NOT OVER!!!  Remember:  EVERY member of the House of Representatives is up for re-election this coming November.  Not every Dem is from a deep-blue district.  IT’S TIME TO BOMBARD THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE WITH CALLS AND E-MAILS!!!

2)Our pro-gun allies in the House will be attaching amendments to this bill like crazy.  Both as a tactic to possibly stall the bill out but also any amendment that passes in the House means that the bill will have to go back to the Senate for concurrence.  Which means ANOTHER floor vote in the Senate.  

3)What passed yesterday can still be modified (good or bad) during the House session, so there is no guarantee that what you read today will be what passes as law IF IT EVEN PASSES.

AGAIN:  THIS ONLY PASSED THE SENATE CHAMBER - IT IS NOT LAW YET.  WE STILL HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO STOP THIS!!!

Buy all the mags you want now, but PLEASE KEEP MAKING NOISE!  KEEP THAT PRESSURE UP ON THE HOUSE!!!  OUR PATH IS NOT EASY BUT QUITTERS NEVER WIN!!!

STAY INTHE FIGHT
View Quote

Thank you for the info and thank you for all you have been doing. I’d be happy to buy you a beer!

Keep the pressure up!
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thank you for the info and thank you for all you have been doing. I’d be happy to buy you a beer!
View Quote

Yep, same here!

So now we turn our attention to our house reps?

Do we ask them to say no to the SB5078 or the companion house bill? Or both?

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#39]
So we know this’ll most likely pass the house, how long till its law?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I posted about her seeming to find this funny.
     If you watch the video it is when Sen. Fortunato offered to withdraw his remaining amendments if one of his was accepted.
    I didn't say she laughed but I took it like she found his offer on such a serious subject to be humorous.
    Unless I missed something I didn't see her laughing.
   I certainly didn't feel like she took our constitutional rights very seriously.
    But hey what do I know, I'm just a rural ignoramus who isn't smart enough to " get" liberal politics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#41]
It is no wonder these people are so f'ing clueless, look at the current headline at KOMO, posted verbatim;

WA Senate OKs ban on sales of high-capacity gun ammunition

https://komonews.com/news/local/wa-senate-oks-ban-on-sales-of-high-capacity-gun-ammunition

ETA From the link;

The late Wednesday vote on Senate Bill 5078 by the Senate's Democratic majority marks the first time such a bill has passed a floor vote at the Legislature.

Could someone who understands this elaborate on that statement, assume, all in favor yea or nay, passed with no record attached to names
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It is no wonder these people are so f'ing clueless, look at the current headline at KOMO, posted verbatim;

WA Senate OKs ban on sales of high-capacity gun ammunition

https://komonews.com/news/local/wa-senate-oks-ban-on-sales-of-high-capacity-gun-ammunition

ETA From the link;

The late Wednesday vote on Senate Bill 5078 by the Senate's Democratic majority marks the first time such a bill has passed a floor vote at the Legislature.

Could someone who understands this elaborate on that statement, assume, all in favor yea or nay, passed with no record attached to names
View Quote

SB 5078
Firearm safety
3rd Reading & Final Passage
2/9/2022

Yeas: 28
Nays: 20
Absent: 0
Excused: 1

Voting Yea: Senators Billig, Carlyle, Cleveland, Conway, Das, Dhingra, Frockt, Hasegawa, Hunt, Keiser, Kuderer, Liias, Lovelett, Lovick, Mullet, Nguyen, Nobles, Pedersen, Randall, Robinson, Rolfes, Saldaña, Salomon, Stanford, Trudeau, Van De Wege, Wellman, Wilson, C.

Voting Nay: Senators Braun, Brown, Dozier, Fortunato, Gildon, Hawkins, Holy, Honeyford, King, McCune, Muzzall, Padden, Schoesler, Sefzik, Sheldon, Short, Wagoner, Warnick, Wilson, J., Wilson, L.

Absent:

Excused: Senator Rivers
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

From my understanding, should it pass, it would become law in 90 days after it’s been signed by Inslee.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep, same here!

So now we turn our attention to our house reps?

Do we ask them to say no to the SB5078 or the companion house bill? Or both?

View Quote

Excellent question!  5078 is the bill we need to focus on now in the House chamber.

HB 1164 failed to advance out of the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee thus it is not currently in play (pretty much dead for all intents & purposes)
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That really depends on us.  Yes - the Dems hold a majority in the House BUT——-ALL members of the House of Representatives will be up for re-election this coming November.  Remind them of that when you write or call.

Our pro-gun allies in the House will be attaching amendments to 5078 when it comes up for floor action.  Any changes to 5078 made by the House have to go back to the Senate (chamber of origin) for a concurrence vote.

NOTHING IS FINAL AT THIS TIME!!!  DO NOT GIVE UP YET!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Good to know, so do we keep hitting the same 5078 link to bombard our house reps now?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good to know, so do we keep hitting the same 5078 link to bombard our house reps now?
View Quote

Yes, just make sure you have the boxes checked for your reps.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Keep the pressure up!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STAY INTHE FIGHT

Keep the pressure up!

+1. I’m going to keep fighting. Thank you, I will also buy you a beer if we ever meet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The one they passed last night is only a ban on sales, and not the prohibition (cant use, transport, must show proof of ownership prior to law inaction) law we had before?
View Quote

So basically a slow death to ownership.. Always some dumb crap we have to fight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I think it's like this because "we" got too comfortable and quit paying attention to what the government has been up to for a couple of generations.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top