Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, but as previously mentioned I would not hold my breath at getting a resolution in this anytime soon:
Three Supreme Court Second Amendment Decisions That Change Everything!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I disagree on the "virtue signaling" claim.  I believe this is part of a long-term strategy.  In a couple of years, when the crime rate hasn't gone down because of this law, they'll push for even more restrictions.  Death by a thousand cuts and all that.
View Quote

I agree on the long-term strategy.  They've been working on these laws already for years.

They are already blaming guns after their soft-on-criminals approach to bail and sentencing that has resulted in an increase in violent crime.  You could think it was intentional that they increased violent crime, just so they could implement more gun control.  FFS, they wanted to reduce penalties for drive-by shootings.

I'm shocked (shocked, I say!) that violent crime went up after Seattle implemented their Ammo Tax and Responsible Storage Law.   I'm sure they'll think of other ways to denigrate gun owners.  Clearly, the 80% ban is only applicable towards gun hobbyists, since there already are federal laws pertaining to firearm manufacturing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I’m officially buying mags for guns I don’t even own yet
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, I'm officially buying mags for guns I don't even own yet
View Quote

I doubt that I'll ever get to getting a M1918 BAR of my own, but.

In the meantime:

100% linkified for your protection: https://mailchi.mp/saf/action-needed-stop-magazine-bans?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Unless you want to pay $20 for gen 3 PMAGs avoid Bullseye in Tacoma.
“Buy local to support them” not when they want to scalp.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unless you want to pay $20 for gen 3 PMAGs avoid Bullseye in Tacoma.
“Buy local to support them” not when they want to scalp.
View Quote

Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny "buy local" bit. Why? so when they run out, they'll buy more to sell at an exurbanite mark up. One thing I've learned about the firearms industry. Nobody is looking out for you. Go find the best deal you can for you and buy as much as you think you're going to need because obtaining anymore after this is going to take a little work.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If a local dealer decides to mark them up above MSRP.. Screw them and buy them online. If they give you at a reasonable rate, then support them.

WA Gun Law was kind enough to state to buy locally.. and he is right. FFL's really don't get much profit margin unless there's a craze/shortage. I don't necessarily agree that the mom and pop shops can't sell the magazines on gunbroker so it can be shipped out of state.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like K-Var is doing a Washington State only magazine sale.. get 6 mags for the price of 5, if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Here's more of that doing the useless stuff the enemy wants you to waste your effort on that I talked about.  Talking to SAF not GunnyG.

What are they gonna do?  Appeal to a Seattle-elected judge and lose?  Appeal to the WA state Supreme Court and lose to a rubber stamp star chamber of retards?  Appeal to the fucking circus in the 9th Circuit where there's already very recent en banc precedent upholding mag bans and lose even harder, possibly without even getting a hearing?  Their only route is cert AND a favorable ruling at SCOTUS and that's a stupid hail mary plan.

If this is their plan SAF is either too stupid to be doing legal work or they are grifting money.

Do you all want to fucking win or do you just want to chew your nails and whine and only do more of the things you're comfortable doing that didn't work last time either?  I see griping about mag sales and donation links to legal retards who have losing plans and nothing about actually taking a viable strategy to the fight against a vulnerable target to get actual results.

We don't need secret back rooms to do this.  Look at Chris Rufo and what he has done to the lib woketards.  He literally tells them what he's going to do, and does it, and they flip their shit and walk right into his trap anyway and lose.  It's not even a complicated strategy.  He fights them where they are weak, and makes them eat their own bullshit.

Either somebody here wants to do more than whine, or I'm pissing in the wind and I'll, y'know, let you all get back to arguing about how to donate and write emails even harder this time.

What's it gonna be?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Here's more of that doing the useless stuff the enemy wants you to waste your effort on that I talked about.  Talking to SAF not GunnyG.

What are they gonna do?  Appeal to a Seattle-elected judge and lose?  Appeal to the WA state Supreme Court and lose to a rubber stamp star chamber of retards?  Appeal to the fucking circus in the 9th Circuit where there's already very recent en banc precedent upholding mag bans and lose even harder, possibly without even getting a hearing?  Their only route is cert AND a favorable ruling at SCOTUS and that's a stupid hail mary plan.

If this is their plan SAF is either too stupid to be doing legal work or they are grifting money.

Do you all want to fucking win or do you just want to chew your nails and whine and only do more of the things you're comfortable doing that didn't work last time either?  I see griping about mag sales and donation links to legal retards who have losing plans and nothing about actually taking a viable strategy to the fight against a vulnerable target to get actual results.

We don't need secret back rooms to do this.  Look at Chris Rufo and what he has done to the lib woketards.  He literally tells them what he's going to do, and does it, and they flip their shit and walk right into his trap anyway and lose.  It's not even a complicated strategy.  He fights them where they are weak, and makes them eat their own bullshit.

Either somebody here wants to do more than whine, or I'm pissing in the wind and I'll, y'know, let you all get back to arguing about how to donate and write emails even harder this time.

What's it gonna be?
View Quote

No offense taken, and I do hear what you are saying. I remember a lot of what you say, being done a decade ago around Starbucks, and . . . we were beaten just as much by our own as the demanding moms.

As soon as you get your organization funded, set up and running, let me know. I'm just not interested in another campaign of each of us trying isolated instances of social media.

I think we may make more gain by letting SAF do the things they do well, while we take another avenue of approach, and remember to never undercut the efforts made by anyone else towards our common goals.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Who the fuck are you? Seriously.
Ya come in here post legislative session and fight, shit talking and talking a big game about what “we need to do” but frankly: words aren’t shit. Right now you are just being abrasive as fuck and providing no useful action… like a busted ass transmission.

If you simply say a frustrated Wa resident blowing off steam: we get it but you mean to be a part of a solution of movement then I suggest take a few breaths and adjust your approach.

ETA: i could be seriously misreading your intent and actually being the one to take a breath, and i’ll leave that judgement to the folks who have been active
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, we are all frustrated with our Civil Rights being taken away. It’s like, what’s the point of a State Constitution if they will just ignore it?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm frustrated as hell but I have no idea what to do to fight it. I depend on other organizations that may have a chance even if it is slim.

If they are going to do something then I'll support them.

BTW it is strange that SAF website doesn't say anything about a donation. The link given I'm just wondering if it is them or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm frustrated as hell but I have no idea what to do to fight it. I depend on other organizations that may have a chance even if it is slim.

If they are going to do something then I'll support them.

BTW it is strange that SAF website doesn't say anything about a donation. The link given I'm just wondering if it is them or not.
View Quote

I got it from being on their email newsletter list, and had first seen it mentioned on their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/SecondAmendmentFoundation/posts/10159870457641217

This email takes you to https://secure.anedot.com/saf/magban

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, we are all frustrated with our Civil Rights being taken away. It’s like, what’s the point of a State Constitution if they will just ignore it?

View Quote

Ditto....

My feeling is frustrated, as I kick my can up the hill I will eventually die on!

Yet I keep popping back in here and a few other places with the hope that one of us will ignite something that may result in a peaceful positive change.
Realistically I feel we may be 5-10 years away from a potential disarmament attempt of some type. The next step for them is confiscation of said mags and what they deem are assault rifles. Ammo and parts restrictions or taxes are next.
We shall soon see exactly how they go about playing their hand, but right now they definitely have the nuts.
To make matters worse, Brandon's AFT is coming for Pistol Braces and more soon... We need to band together agreeably before we have no choice.

We will either make them listen to us, or they will keep making us obey them, and those to stubborn to submit will die either way it goes.
At this point I believe wholeheartedly they have no intention of letting up, so that hill we all talk about, maybe it's about time we all start getting to know it better or thinking with more creativity.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What's it gonna be?
View Quote

Let’s be clear, SAF has been Alan’s grift for decades. You know he runs a direct mail marketing company right? Who do you think does all their direct mail? Why do you think his online efforts are so pathetic?

I know they’ve funded a few decent lawsuits but they have made no commitment to sue in this case. And seeing as we are in the Ninth Circuit, nothing can be done until SCOTUS looks at the Duncan case.

Welcome to California North.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
As far as I'm concerned SAF and Alan Gottlieb is a scam
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:12:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned SAF and Alan Gottlieb is a scam
View Quote

Why do you think SAF is a scam? Seriously, I’m strategizing where to donate money to protect 2nd Amendment rights. I joined the SAF and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in 2009 and have been a member of the NRA since college (1993). I’m having second thoughts about the NRA but recently gave money to Firearms Policy Coalition.

It would be beneficial to channel our money/support to effective and dedicated organizations to help us. Any information that shows a pro 2nd Amendment group is a scam would help us all.

I have no ties to any group but I’ve been trying to do what I can over the years (I just turned 50).
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, a box of 30 round AK mags showed up on my porch last night, weird... I don't even own an AK
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, a box of 30 round AK mags showed up on my porch last night, weird... I don't even own an AK
View Quote

Dang - that happened to you too? Funny, I had similar symptoms recently ??
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why do you think SAF is a scam?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because the direct mail company that SAF and Alan's other non-profits use is owned by Alan himself.

Merril Mail Marketing Inc
Key Principal: Alan M Gottlieb
Incorporated: 1978
12500 NE 10TH Pl Bellevue, WA, 98005-2532

Second Amendment Foundation
Principal Officer ALAN M GOTTLIEB
Founded 1975
12500 NE 10th Pl Bellevue, WA 98005

According to this 990, SAF spent $275k with Merril in 2020, and $316k in 2019 for "mail and mailing list rental".

And he's been doing that for how many decades?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because the direct mail company that SAF and Alan's other non-profits use is owned by Alan himself.

According to this 990, SAF spent $275k with Merril in 2020, and $316k in 2019 for "mail and mailing list rental".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merril Mail Marketing Inc
Key Principal: Alan M Gottlieb
Incorporated: 1978
12500 NE 10TH Pl Bellevue, WA, 98005-2532

Second Amendment Foundation
Principal Officer ALAN M GOTTLIEB
Founded 1975
12500 NE 10th Pl Bellevue, WA 98005

I don't think you're far off in your assessment of the organization's origins or the "self-licking ice cream cone" funding arrangement.

On the other hand, they do have a documented history of pursuing legal action, occasionally successfully: https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-legal-action/

My gut feeling is that they're a cut above some of the other pro-2A rights groups that send out a lot of emails (and now generate memes) with little action to justify their existence. As with anything else, do your due diligence before giving anyone your hard-earned money.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Aero Precision has put together some deals for WA state residents.  Magpul pistol and rifle magazine deals.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/magpul-pmagr-17-gl9r-glockr-g17-5-pack

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/magpul-pmagr-30-round-non-window-m2-black-10-pack
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
anyone know if there are AK mag specials for us?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't think you're far off in your assessment of the organization's origins or the "self-licking ice cream cone" funding arrangement.

On the other hand, they do have a documented history of pursuing legal action, occasionally successfully: https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-legal-action/

My gut feeling is that they're a cut above some of the other pro-2A rights groups that send out a lot of emails (and now generate memes) with little action to justify their existence. As with anything else, do your due diligence before giving anyone your hard-earned money.
View Quote

One thing that bother me is that they don't have any legal actions listed after 6/2021.
Also they don't list that they will fight the SB5078 on their main website page. I saw they are asking for funds, but nothing on their webpage which I find strange.

The good thing about SAF is that they are a local organization in Bellevue..
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
anyone know if there are AK mag specials for us?
View Quote

Not specifically to Washington: https://www.primaryarms.com/pw-arms-croatian-surplus-762x39-ak47-bolt-hold-open-magazine-30-round

Use coupon code SAVE12 for 12% off.

K-Var is running a deal specific to WA residents.

https://www.k-var.com/six-m47w-mags-wa-state

I guess the circle 10’s are on the list of “good” AK mags.  Not an AK person so I don’t have any experience.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I guess the circle 10’s are on the list of “good” AK mags.  Not an AK person so I don’t have any experience.
View Quote

Good mags, and a pretty good price too (6 for $265 shipped, no tax, per checkout)
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not specifically to Washington: https://www.primaryarms.com/pw-arms-croatian-surplus-762x39-ak47-bolt-hold-open-magazine-30-round

Use coupon code SAVE12 for 12% off.

View Quote

The Circle 10s are amazing and worth picking up a few. I first bought them (pretty sure it was K-VAR) 20 years ago when there was a glut of pre-ban AK mags on the market. Think they were like $8 ea at the time
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Arfcom costing me money again.  I went for the AK74 mags, though.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

One thing that bother me is that they don't have any legal actions listed after 6/2021.
Also they don't list that they will fight the SB5078 on their main website page. I saw they are asking for funds, but nothing on their webpage which I find strange.

The good thing about SAF is that they are a local organization in Bellevue..
View Quote

Their FB page is more up-to-date. I'd chalk it up to them being busy kicking ass:

"". . . According to USA Today, numerous Second Amendment groups and law centers are filing the suits "and they're winning."

The paper notes: "From early 2016 through the close of 2021, six of the organizations were among the plaintiffs in more than 90 federal court cases, either independently or jointly, a USA TODAY review of firearms-related lawsuits shows. The combined court fights so far have tallied nearly 20 interim or final victories."

They also note that the names behind the lawsuits are not the names one might be accustomed to seeing. For example, the left is consistently positioning itself against the NRA, but the NRA is not the organization behind the majority of pro-Second Amendment suits at this time. . . The organizations behind the lawsuits aren't necessarily household names. Although the National Rifle Association is one of the organizations, the nation's best-known gun rights group was not the most prolific plaintiff. Two other groups, the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition were among the plaintiffs in 65 of the cases, while the NRA had that role in 12, USA TODAY's review found. . ."

The Firearm Policy Coalition's Dan Dement observed, "The numbers of authoritarian regulations are increasing, and we're there to fight them. Thankfully, we do have a legal system where we can pursue justice against infringements of our natural rights."

USA TODAY also points out that lawsuits against gun control have become increasingly popular with black Americans. Therefore, not only are lawsuits being brought by groups other than those demonized by the left, but support for those suits is coming from broader demographics. . .  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/22/usa-today-2a-groups-using-lawsuits-to-roll-back-gun-control/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1Wfcn2NLan5GnN4t3eSpJHpnkXnJP2_CAMawFox1Im66Bw93WFSdcPoLk

https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/McDougall-Opinion.pdf

https://www.ccrkba.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Bianchi-Cert-Petition.pdf

https://jm4tactical.com/blog/big-win-in-california-over-covid-shutdowns/?fbclid=IwAR1YOiAKba8m_jRLrZ-V0zP42I-vSPBgYta8oL-5aPptYFhc6Wu1-Ln_h6s

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#33]
You guys posting links to the various mag sales, FightingMajor, cornhskr etc., are gentlemen and scholars.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You guys posting links to the various mag sales, FightingMajor, cornhskr etc., are gentlemen and scholars.
View Quote

Battlehawkarmory.com is known for epic prices.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#35]
The One Case That Could Overturn Magazine Bans
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#36]

I'm no expert,  but couldn't SCOTUS, set the scrutiny in NYSRPA V. Bruen and remand the Bonta case back for further consideration?  I really hope Justice Thomas, writes the Bruen opinion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]

I wasn’t exactly expecting a different outcome.

But yes,
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#39]

FJI & FBF.  

Just ordered a few more mags
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#40]
So we got till July to get magazines?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FJI & FBF.  

Just ordered a few more mags
View All Quotes

Indeed FJI, FBF, and FJB too, and yeah, . . .   a 10 pack of 30's arrived from Brownells yesterday, and since I was in traffic while passing through Tacoma, the last 7 surefeed straight 20's in stock followed me home from SA&A this afternoon.

Remembering everything that Sen Fortunato tried to save us from, or to get for us, has anyone else noticed that Chris Vance is busy setting himself up as campaigning for everything different from Phil, in advance of their Gubernatorial runs? At best, all I see coming out of this, is that a would-be Ross Perot won't be elected.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So we got till July to get magazines?
View Quote

YES
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I always thought the magazine ban would someday pass. What bothers me is the "transfer" wording. If I pass, does my lawfully owned property pass to my descendants?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I always thought the magazine ban would someday pass. What bothers me is the "transfer" wording. If I pass, does my lawfully owned property pass to my descendants?
View Quote

No.  I think I'll give my kids 200 mags before July.  FJI and FBF!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#45]
FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition) says they will be filing. They are looking for funding. I donated to them.
SAF: I just looked at their website and they plan to fight too. Being local, I'll donate to them too to help with the fight.

Do FPC and SAF work together? Just seems like if two different teams working separately would have less funding..
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I can easily get a lifetime supply of magazines for the rifles and pistols I already own, what bugs me is this closes off future developments. As a for instance, I intended to buy a True Velocity Amicus when they come out, assuming I won't be able to buy magazines for it before July. I'm moderately interested in Desert Tech's quad stack design, doubt those will be around before July.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do FPC and SAF work together?
View Quote

Probably dont. No one in this game works togather like the democrats do. Besides, if they worked togather they'd turn into another NRA and we'd be buying suits for the new wayne laPierre in a few years.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Probably dont. No one in this game works togather like the democrats do. Besides, if they worked togather they'd turn into another NRA and we'd be buying suits for the new wayne laPierre in a few years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do FPC and SAF work together?

SAF and CCRKBA are collocated in the same Bellevue WA office, and JPFO merged with SAF in 2014, after Aaron Zelman passed away.

But to answer your question, here is just one of many examples of where CCRKBA (aka SAF) and FPC are filing lawsuits jointly:

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can easily get a lifetime supply of magazines for the rifles and pistols I already own, what bugs me is this closes off future developments. As a for instance, I intended to buy a True Velocity Amicus when they come out, assuming I won't be able to buy magazines for it before July. I'm moderately interested in Desert Tech's quad stack design, doubt those will be around before July.
View Quote

This is what has been driving me crazy the last few weeks. I know have almost 2k of mags to guns I hope to own some day.

Yesterday Sig dropped the new P322 which looks like a great suppressor host, but I don't think mags will be out anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I bought more AK74 mages with K-Var's deal.  Then thought, why do I have so many AK74 mags and only 1 AK74?  So I bought a Galil ACE 5.45.

I also recently bought a S&W M&P 10mm pistol.  Came with 2 mags.  Gun has been in the wild since December at least and they HAVE NOT RELEASED SPARE MAGS FOR SALE yet.  They better get 'em out there by July 1.

Rob
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top