Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a feeling its going to be even longer.  So, May 5th comes around and everyone just goes back to normal?  The virus is still gonna be around.  People need to plan ahead into summer or longer.  I think the real collapse is yet to come, when people stop paying rent and mortgage payments.  I'm sorry, but a one time $1200 from uncle sam is not even enough to pay rent/mortgage for most of us in the PNW.  After this crap is over, we are gonna need a huge national employment project like rebuilding America's roads, bridges, etc.... To put people back to work.  Another way and I do not wish this, a war erupting from this and lifting America back up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree... It will be good to get through this peak HOPEFULLY this month though, that should help calm things when numbers actually go down.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a feeling its going to be even longer.  So, May 5th comes around and everyone just goes back to normal?  The virus is still gonna be around.  People need to plan ahead into summer or longer.  I think the real collapse is yet to come, when people stop paying rent and mortgage payments.  I'm sorry, but a one time $1200 from uncle sam is not even enough to pay rent/mortgage for most of us in the PNW.  After this crap is over, we are gonna need a huge national employment project like rebuilding America's roads, bridges, etc.... To put people back to work.  Another way and I do not wish this, a war erupting from this and lifting America back up.
View Quote

I canceled my June trip. I think the stay at home order will go into June or beyond. Schools will be canceled altogether.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm out running around a bit today and every bank I've driven by has had lines out into the street.

What's going on that wasn't Wednesday? (last time I was out)
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm out running around a bit today and every bank I've driven by has had lines out into the street.

What's going on that wasn't Wednesday? (last time I was out)
View Quote

Today is Friday and the 1st Friday of the new month so those may be a reasons for increased business.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Lake Washington school district just canceled school for the rest of the year. I knew that would happen.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lake Washington school district just canceled school for the rest of the year. I knew that would happen.
View Quote

Whew, at least it’s just the one district
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#8]
So can I be out on the water at all despite the no fishing rule? Kids are dying to get off of the property and I have a boat that's been sitting on the trailer for too long. Would just like to go and putt around on the lake.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Whew, at least it’s just the one district
View Quote

You must have been joking ... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inslee-announces-k-12-classrooms-in-washington-to-remain-closed-through-end-of-school-year/ar-BB12eYl1
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So can I be out on the water at all despite the no fishing rule? Kids are dying to get off of the property and I have a boat that's been sitting on the trailer for too long. Would just like to go and putt around on the lake.
View Quote

I would do whatever you wanted. What law are you breaking taking your boat out?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does he have access to a private ramp? Pretty all the public ones are closed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point. I was out at la push yesterday and everything was closed there and the way out. If I could get my boat in the water I would have at it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I'm getting at. I haven't actually gone out and looked
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:54:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can definitely still boat, read on FB guys were stopped by wdfw boat on the Columbia and we're told to have a good time so long as no rods were out.

Hard part is finding where to launch. I'd be looking at more rustic county and city owned ramps, all the bigger ramps and state owned stuff is closed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can definitely still boat, read on FB guys were stopped by wdfw boat on the Columbia and we're told to have a good time so long as no rods were out.

Hard part is finding where to launch. I'd be looking at more rustic county and city owned ramps, all the bigger ramps and state owned stuff is closed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can still boat. I've moved two boats with my dad the last few days. Took off from Bellingham and headed North. Coast Guard didn't stop us.

My parents boat launch in their community has been chained up. It's not time to put my boat in the water yet. But I plan on putting it in around June. Wouldn't surprise me if the lock and chain were gone in a few weeks. My buddy just launched in Blaine on Sunday and had no issues.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can still boat. I've moved two boats with my dad the last few days. Took off from Bellingham and headed North. Coast Guard didn't stop us.

My parents boat launch in their community has been chained up. It's not time to put my boat in the water yet. But I plan on putting it in around June. Wouldn't surprise me if the lock and chain were gone in a few weeks. My buddy just launched in Blaine on Sunday and had no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could be gone in a minute or so with a cordless grinder
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#17]
If I had more time I'd rig up a bunch of cameras and go troll a lead weight in front of them. No hooks. Just to fuck with the fish cops.

Everett is probably still usable, I doubt anyone is there to bug you

Closure of half the launch lanes at the boat launch; restricted access to support life safety functions, essential commercial uses, tribal access and transportation access to Hat Island
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Are the gates on the roads into state forests closed?

If the weather stays reasonably nice my family would probably enjoy a trip out to stomp around in the woods.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Inslee says special session for State Leg. Buckle up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Inslee says special session for State Leg. Buckle up.
View Quote

What? Where? Link?

So much for social distancing
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He said 'may'.
View Quote

We all know what that means
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We all know what that means
View Quote

yeah, that means in May he'll call them back, right after he announces that we're still on fucking lockdown until June 4th.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are the gates on the roads into state forests closed?

If the weather stays reasonably nice my family would probably enjoy a trip out to stomp around in the woods.
View Quote

Nope, blasted all day yesterday

ETA: Fuck Inslee I can hike further than fish cops want to drive.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#25]

I am confident they will try.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope, blasted all day yesterday

ETA: Fuck Inslee I can hike further than fish cops want to drive.
View Quote

Awesome!  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Hints of possible extension coming...and WA already has one of the latest lockdown dates in the county...and considering how off the models have been in some cases...

Meanwhile, low and behold, many landlords and others are still wanting their $$...people are realizing things aren't going to be waived, only delayed/postponed...if they're lucky...roiugh times ahead to put it mildly.

Boss
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hints of possible extension coming...and WA already has one of the latest lockdown dates in the county...and considering how off the models have been in some cases...

Meanwhile, low and behold, many landlords and others are still wanting their $$...people are realizing things aren't going to be waived, only delayed/postponed...if they're lucky...roiugh times ahead to put it mildly.

Boss
View Quote

Does he want riots? Honestly, if he has another extension I think he will see riots.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Boss
View Quote

I mean if I was a landlord I would want to be paid same as if I was selling groceries. There better not be anymore extensions or people will not obey.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Every morning I go out for my coffee, I see more and more people.  People are getting tired of the government intrusion into their lives.  Denying a person of their lively hood and being able to provide for their family will reach a limit soon, very soon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#31]
We had an all-company conference call yesterday (company is based here in WA). Our CEO mentioned we should “be prepared for the possibility of working remotely for another 30 days”. While certainly an easy comment to make, something tells me that Olympia quietly gives WA business leaders a head’s up of what’s to come before the official announcement over the media.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PACorps
While certainly an easy comment to make, something tells me that Olympia quietly gives WA business leaders a head's up of what's to come before the official announcement over the media.
View Quote

I don't think they give them a straight out heads up - I think Oly is a gossip factory and they hear rumors
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't think they give them a straight out heads up - I think Oly is a gossip factory and they hear rumors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By PACorps
While certainly an easy comment to make, something tells me that Olympia quietly gives WA business leaders a head's up of what's to come before the official announcement over the media.

It’s also the job of risk analysis groups to think up and prepare for contingencies like this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#34]
People are already increasingly not obeying. Traffic has been increasing. What’s the point of having people not go to work if they are just going to crowd together at Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, etc?

What we really need is strict enforcement of the current lockdown to keep all of the non-essentials from clogging up my commute to work.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I was out picking up some fencing I ordered yesterday and boy traffic has picked up quite a lot from even a week or so ago. I-5 S and N bound from Tacoma specifically.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People are already increasingly not obeying. Traffic has been increasing. What’s the point of having people not go to work if they are just going to crowd together at Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, etc?

What we really need is strict enforcement of the current lockdown to keep all of the non-essentials from clogging up my commute to work.
View Quote

Traffic is still so light that I dont have to worry about missing the Edmonds Ferry if I drive my truck on a Friday instead of my motorcycle. It's usually a 1.5 to 2 hour wait at this point of the year and right now it's a half full boat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#37]
What you're seeing is what everyone predicted, that once spring and summer weather started to roll around people would increasingly ignore any stay at home order.

I've been a regular at Lowe's while getting some yard projects done. Lots of people doing the same. Masks no masks 50/50. Saw a dude wearing a full face shield yesterday. Home Depot started enforcing a line at the front of the store and timing people so I stopped going there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was out picking up some fencing I ordered yesterday and boy traffic has picked up quite a lot from even a week or so ago. I-5 S and N bound from Tacoma specifically.
View Quote

Same on the east side.  I have been from Spokane, through the Tri Cities to Yakima, and to Cle Elum back to Spooky twice this week, and traffic has definitely tripled since the sun came out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What you're seeing is what everyone predicted, that once spring and summer weather started to roll around people would increasingly ignore any stay at home order.

I've been a regular at Lowe's while getting some yard projects done. Lots of people doing the same. Masks no masks 50/50. Saw a dude wearing a full face shield yesterday. Home Depot started enforcing a line at the front of the store and timing people so I stopped going there.
View Quote

Same at Home Depot. I asked this dude that was working around the line if they were trying to get me used to the Soviet Bread Lines. He thought it was funny, but other people in line looked at me like I was crazy. For real, thinking that it is normal to stand in line to go in Home Depot, is crazy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:28:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Everything I'm reading is showing Inslee doing well in the polls over this fiasco, I hope his failures as we go in to recovery get noted and whoever his opposition ends up being starts seriously standing up. Damn it would be nice to get him out of office.

And why the fuck is fishing and so many of the boat launches STILL closed?

Tired of everything closing so early, how the hell you supposed to do a home depot run after work by 6pm? Oh yeah you can't have to go by 5 and stand in line with a bunch of people because they crammed everyone in to a shorter window.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#41]
There definitely seems to be an uptick in people going out for some fresh air.   Weather is supposed to be nice this week.

The populararity, or lack thereof, of some of the political decisions will become clearer as this goes on.  

Boss
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Definitely,. The line at my coffee stand is getting too long again!  People need to stay home.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:23:36 AM EDT
[#43]
We're at the end of day 28 of the national shutdown and nearing the end of normal 'grace periods' for rent/mortgage due dates...with updated models/much lower projections, it seems like the tide is starting turn...

Will be interesting to see where we are in another 7-10 days.

Boss
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Traffic definitely picking up.

Home Depot’s lines are stupid I said f that. But Lowe’s? Holy shit packed like any normal summer weekend nope no way. Went to HD at 6 right when they opened and was only a few people inside.

Pro tip: Home Depot will do curbside delivery of items you order for store pickup.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Every morning I go out for my coffee, I see more and more people.  People are getting tired of the government intrusion into their lives.  Denying a person of their lively hood and being able to provide for their family will reach a limit soon, very soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And they will do what...?  Still vote for the latest, greatest D party candidate in the cycles to come, that's what.  The W side of this state, along with Spokane & Whitman counties, are hook/line/sinker on the glorious party's reel, & nothing will change that, & the party knows it.  Hike taxes & to build toll roads to siphon more of your $$$?  Thank you sir, may I have another!!!  They aren't going to see any consequences.  Protests?  So what?  Remember all the bitching at the county council when the homeless encampments descended on the city & the shit & used syringes were piling up in parks & yards?  Yeah, nothing about it now, & even more radical candidates are wading in for a shot at a seat.  And they'll get in.

They might even be planning to just screw over the landlords by bleeding them out, taking over their properties, & housing those tenants for "free".  Guess who's gonna bankroll that...?

Quoted:

The "plan" was foolish.  The few locations allowed to remain open would predictably become concentration transmission vectors.  There is no way to contain a contagion - if that's what this is all really about - if large hubs of social interaction are still active.  I was in contact with fewer people at work than at Costco & or Lowe's.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Multi-thousand protest in Michigan yesterday.

NJ Governor admitting on TV last night he wasn't thinking about the Bill of Rights when he enacted some of his lockdown restrictions...

NJ governor ignores Bill of Rights in exclusive Tucker interview

Patience is starting to fray in some places...

Boss
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Any guesses on how long Inslee tries to extend the shelter in place?

He can't be outdone by Wisconsin!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#48]
These states are all past our May 4th date, I'm sure the WA/OR/CA brain trust will try and out do all the other states.

Rhode Island - May 8th
New York - May 15th
Vermont - May 15th
District of Columbia - May 15th
Delaware  - May 15th
Connecticut - Mat 20th
Wisconsin - May 26th
Nebraska - Some types of stores order closed till May 31
Virginia - June 10th

Alaska - No End Date
California - No End Date
Maryland - No End Date
New Jersey - No End Date
Oregon - No End Date
West Virginia - No End Date

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Any guesses on how long Inslee tries to extend the shelter in place?

He can't be outdone by Wisconsin!
View Quote

2weeks
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I emailed all the republican legislators asking what they were doing to help end the lock down.  I thought there was something in the law that required the legislative majority and minority leaders to both sign off on what Inslee's doing, if the legislature isn't in session.  One rep emailed me back and said Inslee is wording the orders specifically to avoid legislative approval.  Also that the legislature could reign him in with a bill, which would be vetoed and it would be doubtful the veto would be overridden.  

This is sounding like a dictatorship.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top