BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be patient with the NRA-ILA link.  They are getting TONS of traffic right now!!
View Quote
Yes, be patient. It is still tough to get there as of right now. Hopefully that is a good sign
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hit again.  Everything operated smoothly for me.

I also sent Lynda Wilson an email thanking her for her support on the 2nd yesterday and already received a response this morning already.  
Not a peep from the dems in my district after multiple messages either through direct e-mail or quick links.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hit w/emails

Can't believe those bastards - actually this is well coordinated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, be patient. It is still tough to get there as of right now. Hopefully that is a good sign
View Quote
I’ve tried 10 times and it just spins.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The Dims are radio silent right now. I hammered them again over this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
... and all media silent upon the matter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe that if more people realized this is another tax and spend proposal, taxing precious metals, to pay for the "buy back" of magazines, there would be more opposition to it.  I've contacted my Democratic representative 3 times and have never gotten a reply from her.  She won her seat by less than 1% and will do what I can to see she is not returned in November.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi Jeffrey,

I know you heard from me earlier today, but I wanted to follow up to give you more information as HB 2947 had progressed throughout the day.

When HB 2947 was originally posted, it initially looked like a title only bill.  After it ultimately posted in full, we discovered that the entire title of the bill basically sums up the totality of the bill - an unprecedented 46 lines long - making it next to impossible to amend; same tool (bill title) different game.

This tactic limits the ability of the minority to make any changes to bills that they feel are necessary.  Good legislation encourages all legislators to be a participant in the making of our laws.  This does the opposite and is not the way our government should be run. We need more transparency and participation, not less.

Thank you for staying so vigilant in the fight for our rights.

Most sincerely,

cid:[email protected]
Senator Lynda Wilson
17th Legislative District

Last response..
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi Jeffrey,
 - an unprecedented 46 lines long - making it next to impossible to amend; same tool (bill title) different game.

This tactic limits the ability of the minority to make any changes to bills that they feel are necessary.
View Quote
So what she's saying is this thing's a slam dunk for the dims??
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
My comment to my reps, will be sending similar message through other links and in emails:

I OPPOSE this bill! When 2240 died, this bill was proposed as an abhorrent end run by house democrats that purposely made it difficult to debate or amend, and ignoring the deadlines by the ham-fisted, nonsensical budgetary linking to an unacceptable 10% tax on bullion. Over 120 amendments were added to 2240 not, as Ferguson arrogantly stated, as a "filibuster", but to reflect the legitimate concerns raised by 1000's of our fellow state citizens who opposed that bill.

The nature of this bill does NOT reflect our political process, and if you vote for it, you will be on record for supporting this kind of deceptive gamesmanship and will simplify my decision for voting you out come next election.

Regards,

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Jeffrey,
 - an unprecedented 46 lines long - making it next to impossible to amend; same tool (bill title) different game.

This tactic limits the ability of the minority to make any changes to bills that they feel are necessary.
My hunch is this won't necessarily be a slam dunk. However, in spite of how optimistic I remain, I look at this as Phase II (which was already planned and teed up in the likely event of 2240 dying), whereas 2240 was Phase I. I am confident there is a Phase III in the works - and that means an initiative. God know what that will look like compared to these bills. The fight is definitely not over.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The fight will never be over, until we get Republicans in control somewhere along the line in Olympia.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Easy NRA-ILA link to contact the finance committee Here
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’ve tried 10 times and it just spins.
View Quote
Try a different browser. Firefox does the same for me. IE works fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#14]
My hunch is this won't necessarily be a slam dunk. However, in spite of how optimistic I remain, I look at this as Phase II (which was already planned and teed up in the likely event of 2240 dying), whereas 2240 was Phase I. I am confident there is a Phase III in the works - and that means an initiative. God know what that will look like compared to these bills. The fight is definitely not over.
View Quote
Unfortunately, I agree.  Let's all look to Virginia and what the left is doing in the face of their current defeat on the AWB.  Now pushing out legislation in that state to penalize ANY law enforcement officer that does not enforce ALL laws as passed or risk termination, prosecution and losing all retirement benefits.  We are absolutely through the looking glass here.  Amazing how bald-faced the totalitarianism is on the left.

So...  We have to fight on a here in WA with the NATION in mind.  There is no place to run, so stand up and fight back.  Sanctuary counties, here we come.

In the meantime, I'll just leave this right here: https://culpforgovernor.com/
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just hit this again, and a shameless BTT
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Try a different browser. Firefox does the same for me. IE works fine for me.
View Quote
Not a hint of lag when I was using Safari just now
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Done!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Jeffrey,

I pulled this from Republican Representative Jim Walsh's Book of Face Page

"I'm posting this article from a year ago because it's a great primer on what "ghost" bills are and how they work.
My bill to end ghost bills (HB 2190) never got a hearing this session. Neither did Lynda Wilson's similar bill in the State Senate. But the folks at Restore Washington are working on an initiative that would ban them.
Some people are saying the recently-proposed gun-grabbing bill HB 2947 is a ghost bill. It's not. But it is a strange thing. Clearly another attempt to pass a bill that died at cutoff earlier this week (so maybe call this type a "zombie" bill). And it has an absurdly long title--takes nearly a page and half and includes most of the bill's actual language. Apparently, someone told the gun-grabbing sponsors that this would make the bill un-amenable.
They're wrong.
HB 2947 is poorly written, sloppily structured and unconstitutional. If it gets to the floor of the House, there will be a full-throated...and lengthy...debate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m not the smartest guy around so if this doesn’t make sense then disregard.
How does the 10% tax on bullion affect coin collectors? I’m assuming in a negative way.
If that’s the case, this bill concerns them too.
And they probably have no idea about this unless their also into firearms and politically engaged.

Anyway, is their a way to reach out to them, like a forum like this? The more people we get involved and fired up the better.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They're wrong.
HB 2947 is poorly written, sloppily structured and unconstitutional. If it gets to the floor of the House, there will be a full-throated...and lengthy...debate.
View Quote
Thank God for that!

Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I was in a shop today and they said that the current steaming pile Bill allows possession and use at home, a licensed range or sanctioned shooting event.  Could have sworn the other had a "other legitimate uses" exception.  Is this accurate?   I have not taken anti-nausea medications yet to allow me to get through a reading of the current Bill.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was in a shop today and they said that the current steaming pile Bill allows possession and use at home, a licensed range or sanctioned shooting event.  Could have sworn the other had a "other legitimate uses" exception.  Is this accurate?   I have not taken anti-nausea medications yet to allow me to get through a reading of the current Bill.

Rob
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rob
The person shall possess the large capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity magazine at a duly licensed shooting range, while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine, provided that the large capacity magazine is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container during transport.
The bill language looks the same, the title appears to mildly conflict as it doesn't list all of the same exceptions. May open some window for amendments...
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the time limit on this one? Looks like March 12 is the last day of legislative session. Even if they get it through the house it would need to go through the same process in the senate.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The fight will never be over, until we get Republicans in control somewhere along the line in Olympia.
View Quote
Never happen. I mean in 2016 presidential election after the polling closed Wa St had a vote count. Hell I mailed in my ballot that day. They aren't counting votes they are counting registration.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Another round of e-mails sent off this morning.  Keep up the good fight.  We CAN do this.  Keep our voices heard!

- Nw -
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another round of e-mails sent off this morning.  Keep up the good fight.  We CAN do this.  Keep our voices heard!

- Nw -
View Quote
Same.  Back at it today.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Same.  Back at it today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Nw -
Same.  Back at it today.
This
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#29]
My wife and I emailed the Dems again today.

Keep up the pressure!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’m not the smartest guy around so if this doesn’t make sense then disregard.
How does the 10% tax on bullion affect coin collectors? I’m assuming in a negative way.
If that’s the case, this bill concerns them too.
And they probably have no idea about this unless their also into firearms and politically engaged.

Anyway, is their a way to reach out to them, like a forum like this? The more people we get involved and fired up the better.
View Quote
The whole bullion aspect is a distraction/facade, because they know no one is going to sell their magazines back, probably for pennies on the dollar.

The ONLY thing they care about is getting AN arbitrary capacity on the books.  Once on, they will work from there.  And they can get WA added to the Do Not Ship list.

Call, email, share, repeat.

Boss
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Emailed AGAIN
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Emailed once again!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#33]
In the past, I stated that I was ready to “pop smoke and un-ass the A.O.,” well fuck that shit, I’m ready for a fight.  This is my native soil where I was born and raised and as a retired soldier and a retired LEO, this is a battle that has to be fought.  I’ll be damned if l let a bunch of punk-ass Californian libtards chase me off...  Who do these fucks think they are?

Yes, liberals have the numbers, but they lack the balls, skills and heart for a real political fight.

Besides signing a few petitions and going to one A2 rally in the past, I’ll now commit to do more to protect our A2 Right.

I failed to stay politically active, but that will not happen again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In the past, I stated that I was ready to “pop smoke and un-ass the A.O.,” well fuck that shit, I’m ready for a fight.  This is my native soil where I was born and raised and as a retired soldier and a retired LEO, this is a battle that has to be fought.  I’ll be damned if l let a bunch of punk-ass Californian libtards chase me off...  Who do these fucks think they are?

Yes, liberals have the numbers, but they lack the balls, skills and heart for a real political fight.

Besides signing a few petitions and going to one A2 rally in the past, I’ll now commit to do more to protect our A2 Right.

View Quote
Welcome to the fight!!  Glad to have you aboard!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Just completed another round.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Not a very flattering account...Chapman is on the Finance Committee...even this democrat who's introduced GC legislation, as well as the other two Dems mentioned, realize how bad this is (which is a good thing):

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/politics/high-capacity-gun-magazine-measure-revived/

Email, call, share, repeat.

Boss
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In the past, I stated that I was ready to "pop smoke and un-ass the A.O.," well fuck that shit, I'm ready for a fight.  This is my native soil where I was born and raised and as a retired soldier and a retired LEO, this is a battle that has to be fought.  I'll be damned if l let a bunch of punk-ass Californian libtards chase me off...  Who do these fucks think they are?

Besides signing a few petitions and going to one A2 rally in the past, I'll now commit to do more to protect our A2 Right.

View Quote
With you @bergunx.  Stand and fight.  The great state of WA is worth saving.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not a very flattering account...Chapman is on the Finance Committee...even this democrat who's introduced GC legislation, as well as the other two Dems mentioned, realize how bad this is (which is a good thing):

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/politics/high-capacity-gun-magazine-measure-revived/

Email, call, share, repeat.

Boss
View Quote
@Boss, thanks for sharing.  Mixed emotions reading that article, but at least there is some semblance of respecting the rules of government and due process in those statements.  Back at it today.  You all on this forum fire me up.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a reply from my Dem Senator, but nothing from either of my Dem Reps.

I appreciate you writing in your opposition to House Bill 2947. I do not support bills that attempt to go around the regular legislative process, especially ones that are of such consequence. This bill would still have to go through committee hearings and public testimony in both the House and the Senate, but since session ends in about three weeks I don’t see the bill being viable.

Best,

Senator Mark Mullet
5th Legislative District
Legislative Building Room 415
Olympia, WA 98504
Phone: (360) 786-7608
View Quote
Sounds mildly encouraging, but he's a politician, and a Democrat, so I trust him about as much as a fart during a bout of diarrhea...
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got a reply from my Dem Senator, but nothing from either of my Dem Reps.

Sounds mildly encouraging, but he's a politician, and a Democrat, so I trust him about as much as a fart during a bout of diarrhea...
View Quote
I wouldn’t put too much trust in it, but I believe that many on them understand the consequences of this dirty tactic

It’s no surprise that all the sponsors are from greater Seattle.

My message has been “we cannot allow Seattle to rule our State”
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Why the fuck is one of the restrictions “possession” yet they contradict themselves by putting in there that you are able to possess mags made prior to June 11th 2020? The prior bills were the same, my head hurts.

Am I retarded and reading it wrong. If so I apologize.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Because unless you owned the mags before that date, possession is prohibited. Fuck them with a rusty rake. That's all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Emailed and called on this one as well. Remain Vigilant and informed!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Sent another batch of emails today with a little THANK YOU to the Republicans and any Democrats who oppose this, as well as the OPPOSE message to the other Dems:

I ask you ALL to oppose House Bill 2947.

I KNOW all of the Republicans in the House already OPPOSE this Bill and I thank you all for it.

To the Democrats who also OPPOSE this bill, either on SUBSTANCE or due to TACTICS, I applaud you as well for standing up for law abiding citizens and the Legislative Process.

To any who support this Bill, I am disappointed in the stunt that anti-gun legislators pulled to resurrect flawed legislation (HB 2240) that the Legislature already chose not to bring to a floor vote.

This is an UNCONSTITUTIONAL proposal, filed in an UNETHICAL way using an UNTRUTHFUL “emergency” declaration.  This proposed law was BAD as HB 2240 and is even WORSE as HB 2947.  Sponsors and supporters should be ashamed.

Washington Constitution Article I, Section 24
"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be IMPAIRED, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."
Again, oppose HB 2947.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Calling and emailing, haven't heard a peep from my Rep
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Scheduled for tomorrow!  
Public Hearing: Banning High-Capacity Magazines and Ending the Bullion Tax Exemption – Hearing on HB 2947 – Finance, HHR A @ 8:00 AM
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sent another batch of emails today with a little THANK YOU to the Republicans and any Democrats who oppose this, as well as the OPPOSE message to the other Dems:

I ask you ALL to oppose House Bill 2947.

I KNOW all of the Republicans in the House already OPPOSE this Bill and I thank you all for it.

To the Democrats who also OPPOSE this bill, either on SUBSTANCE or due to TACTICS, I applaud you as well for standing up for law abiding citizens and the Legislative Process.

To any who support this Bill, I am disappointed in the stunt that anti-gun legislators pulled to resurrect flawed legislation (HB 2240) that the Legislature already chose not to bring to a floor vote.

This is an UNCONSTITUTIONAL proposal, filed in an UNETHICAL way using an UNTRUTHFUL "emergency" declaration.  This proposed law was BAD as HB 2240 and is even WORSE as HB 2947.  Sponsors and supporters should be ashamed.

Washington Constitution Article I, Section 24
"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be IMPAIRED, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."
Again, oppose HB 2947.  Thank you.
View Quote
Nice!

I've shamelessly copied it and then emailed to the following addresses:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Got a new reply today from Rep. Morgan Irwin:

Thank you for contacting me about gun control bill 2947. We are encouraged by the multitude of folks that have testified, rallied, e-mailed, and called in opposition to these bills.
We are fully prepared to fight this legislation and protect your 2nd amendment rights as we did on HB 2240.

We are contacting precious metal bullion and 2nd amendment stakeholders to alert them about the public hearing for HB 2947 that occurred today in the House Finance committee. In the event that this bill makes it to the house floor, we will fight back using the amendment process.  This is a bad bill and I assure you that we are on it and have your back.

Please continue to make your voice heard and contact my office at any time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got a new reply today from Rep. Morgan Irwin:

Thank you for contacting me about gun control bill 2947. We are encouraged by the multitude of folks that have testified, rallied, e-mailed, and called in opposition to these bills.
We are fully prepared to fight this legislation and protect your 2nd amendment rights as we did on HB 2240.

We are contacting precious metal bullion and 2nd amendment stakeholders to alert them about the public hearing for HB 2947 that occurred today in the House Finance committee. In the event that this bill makes it to the house floor, we will fight back using the amendment process.  This is a bad bill and I assure you that we are on it and have your back.

Please continue to make your voice heard and contact my office at any time.
View Quote
That is awesome to read!  Thanks for posting (and writing initially)!!

There was some pretty good testimony this morning from the precious metals community.

Hopefully, between the two groups we can keep enough pressure on our electeds to prevent HB 2947 from moving very far.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Used NRA link, thanks for making it simple

If this ends up passing, might be time to push for annexation of most Counties by greater Idaho, leaving the Puget Sound area to wallow in its own mire.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top