Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:In this case, under 1639, you waive your right to privacy to purchase a semi auto rifle.

The state doesn't have access until you volunteer the info, by waiving your rights in order to exercise another right.
View Quote
Is there any precedent for requiring a citizen to waive one Right in order to excersize another? If that's the arrangement, to me anyway, one of them ISN'T a Right. I mean, could a state demand that people waive their Right not to receive cruel unusual punishment in order to excersize their freedom of speech? All of this seems as Constitutional as Obama's "first Amendment zones".
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In this case, under 1639, you waive your right to privacy to purchase a semi auto rifle.

The state doesn't have access until you volunteer the info, by waiving your rights in order to exercise another right.
View Quote
And that's why there is good standing to have this struck down as unconstitutional even with our current courts.  Because it's unconstitutional to have to waive rights to exercise a right.  Our state Constitution prevents this.  I am surprised that Gottlieb doesn't have a court challenge ready to go once everything is certified.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And that's why there is good standing to have this struck down as unconstitutional even with our current courts.  Because it's unconstitutional to have to waive rights to exercise a right.  Our state Constitution prevents this.  I am surprised that Gottlieb doesn't have a court challenge ready to go once everything is certified.
View Quote
Someone will have to show they have been harmed in order to have standing to proceed with a court case.  No standing, no court case.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Curious about the storage portion. If I'm reading it correctly, all firearms needs to be locked up, one way or another. Does this including clearing the weapon so it's "unloaded"? If so, what is "unloaded"? Nothing in the chamber? Or no magazine inserted? Or what?

Or technically it's not illegal until somebody stole it?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#5]
One wonders if the state can access federal VA records under this new b.s..
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Remember the Sutherland Springs church shooting? A lot of attention got placed on the shooter, whose service record "should have" prevented him from owning a firearm. So, yes, if The State cannot get your records now I anticipate they will get them later.
View Quote
But also, did the military fail to NOT report that to the proper channels so it would  have been seen by the FFL who made the sale? He then would have denied the sale. Too bad we cannot implement the laws already on the books before we make a bunch of new laws to ignore. Going to make it more difficult to figure out which laws they have to not enforce, or choose to be totally inept with.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Instead we have equal effort going into choosing which state we run to.
View Quote
Maybe if we spent less time attacking Jews for daring to escape the impending gas chambers and more time attacking the anti-2A coalition, we'd be a lot better off. I spent a lot of time and money supporting the 2A in WA. I've protested in Olympia, Salem, and even in Washington DC for gun Rights. I'm not to concerned if that's "not enough" for some, I did what I could.

Washington has a lot of issues. Blaming reasonable conservatives isn't going to get you anywhere. Either way, I'm a Texan now, so good luck to you in your righteous battle for 2A Rights. I will cheer your victories and mourn your losses from afar.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
TNC,
you must be a liberal

You attack those, wanting to move from CALI NORTH,
to live a better life.

Well,
You stay, lose your guns and your dignity.

Myself, I choose to move and be Free.
Is this not a Free Country?

It's easier for You,
To just stay and take it up the ass.

It's harder for someone, like me,
To pack up my whole life and move.
But,
Worth it all!

In the end,
I will have my Dignity and  my Guns.
You Will Not.

Quoted:

This is why we lose. People quick to hoist the bullshit flag because of their own assumptions. Then we have to divert our efforts to convince our own people, who should be reading and educating others.

This is why we lose. WAHTF should be the premier RKBA forum in the state. Instead we have equal effort going into choosing which state we run to.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
TNC,
you must be a liberal

to live a better life.

Well,

It's easier for You,

But,
Worth it all!

In the end,
You Will Not.
View Quote
when the came for the bumpstocks, I stood silently.
When they came for the ARs, I stood silently.
When they came for handguns, I stood silently.
When they came for my bolt action Fudd gun, there was no one left to stand for me.

Run away, you're a fool if you don't think this shit will follow you.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
And so it begins, just as planned...with more to follow...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/washington-gun-shop-changing-inventory-after-voters-pass-i-1639/281-612370549
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Now that democrats control both houses and the governor, the only thing that will save WA is a 9.0 earthquake.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And so it begins, just as planned...with more to follow...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/washington-gun-shop-changing-inventory-after-voters-pass-i-1639/281-612370549
View Quote
Boy that freaking link has aids!

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Can someone help a moron like me understand the definition of "impaired" below?

"Washington Constitution Article I, Section 24

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."

Denying an 18 year old that is legally defined as an adult is being impaired from owning a firearm.  Period the end.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:18:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Well,
You stay in Cali North.
Get ready to turn in all your shit.

Good for you.

Quoted:

when the came for the bumpstocks, I stood silently.
When they came for the ARs, I stood silently.
When they came for handguns, I stood silently.
When they came for my bolt action Fudd gun, there was no one left to stand for me.

Run away, you're a fool if you don't think this shit will follow you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can someone help a moron like me understand the definition of "impaired" below?

"Washington Constitution Article I, Section 24

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."

Denying an 18 year old that is legally defined as an adult is being impaired from owning a firearm.  Period the end.
View Quote
Blah blah public safety, blah blah pistols are already denied thus standing principle dangerous things blah blah.

Make no mistake with each of these bills/initiatives they're testing something with the courts in attempt to gain an inch.

Nobody can answer that question, you can make arguments but until tested through the courts nobody knows.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:20:01 AM EDT
[#19]
If I remember right there has been precedence set on the 18 year old rule, didn't someone in OR win a case against Bi-Mart because they denied him or her the ability to purchase a gun?

If I am remembering correctly, that could be used in court to argue against the law change from 18 to 21
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Washington State Supreme Court,
ranked 5th Most Liberal in the country.

Hmmm....
wonder what that means....
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yesterday saddened me. Uncle Sam is moving us to WA next year. Guess it's time to buy while I'm still in TX.
View Quote
That brings up another point, maybe I missed it? What if you move here and have semi auto rifles?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
See how that works? People leave a state because it is overrun by leftists, thus making it more left.
View Quote
Marginally, if at all.
Then they go to a new state only to find the left infiltrating government at every level from the dog catcher to the governor. Rinse and repeat.  The gun rights effort moved out of the federal level over a decade ago and we are way behind the power curve.
View Quote
Population growth is the real enemy. The states you mentioned that fell to anti-gun stuff was ONLY followed by population growth. Jobs and opportunity bring people. Wa is booming with tech industry and other and it aint gonna let up.

Bottom line is its a numbers game and guns are a fringe issue. Plain and simple no getting around it. I cant give anyone shit who wants to leave. Hell Im already planning our escape when we retire. I'll help the fight and vote accordingly in the meantime tho.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Funny how many "pro freedom" gun people lash out at people that choose to move across state lines. Takes all kinds I guess. Good luck WA.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Funny how many "pro freedom" gun people lash out at people that choose to move across state lines. Takes all kinds I guess. Good luck WA.
View Quote
People want others of their kind to stay and fight. I get it.

I was born and raised in kalifornia. Ive seen the same mindset and the same desire to fight...the same gatherings at the capitol, the same organizational efforts. THE SAME.
It all succum to an increase in lib population followed by lib gov.

--That is happeneing here---its a numbers game---

The dynamic hasn't changed here (or anywhere else) becuase theres not enough people to vote the correct way. The only option is to go somewhere else, and I cant fault anyone for wanting to.

ETA: hopefully the law is written so badly it'll get tossed or watered down come court time.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#27]
You are a Liberal.
You obviously haven't read my posts, on my tread, you kept whining about.
I mentioned the states I am considering.

You Will Be One Of The SHEEPLES, that give up your Guns, Dignity and Freedom.
I'm Happy For You!

Quoted:

Weren't you leaving? You were just exercising your freedom to move where you want.

Unless it's California
Or Oregon
Or New York
Or Maryland
Or Illinois
Like the tropics? Forget Hawaii
Or Massachusetts
Politically savvy guy like yourself might like DC. Sorry.
Or New Jersey
Montana's probably good for another decade. Just stay out of Missoula.
Texas is getting blue fast

By all means, when you get where you're going be sure to limit your involvement in the firearms community to snarky posts on the local HTF. You really don't want to get involved in messy politics.

See how that works? People leave a state because it is overrun by leftists, thus making it more left. Then they go to a new state only to find the left infiltrating government at every level from the dog catcher to the governor. Rinse and repeat.  The gun rights effort moved out of the federal level over a decade ago and we are way behind the power curve.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#28]
This is the Reality, of it all!

Quoted:
Now that democrats control both houses and the governor, the only thing that will save WA is a 9.0 earthquake.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Your Screwed.

Quoted:

That brings up another point, maybe I missed it? What if you move here and have semi auto rifles?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Some people can see the Reality.
This...

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
More Common Sense.
This...

Quoted:

People want others of their kind to stay and fight. I get it.

I was born and raised in kalifornia. Ive seen the same mindset and the same desire to fight...the same gatherings at the capitol, the same organizational efforts. THE SAME.
It all succum to an increase in lib population followed by lib gov.

--That is happeneing here---its a numbers game---

The dynamic hasn't changed here (or anywhere else) becuase theres not enough people to vote the correct way. The only option is to go somewhere else, and I cant fault anyone for wanting to.

ETA: hopefully the law is written so badly it'll get tossed or watered down come court time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#32]
THC,
Your post is So Pathetic.
Your lashing out at fellow Gun Owner's, did not help your Cause at all.
You need to go back to grade school.

Quoted:

Weren't you leaving? You were just exercising your freedom to move where you want.

Unless it's California
Or Oregon
Or New York
Or Maryland
Or Illinois
Like the tropics? Forget Hawaii
Or Massachusetts
Politically savvy guy like yourself might like DC. Sorry.
Or New Jersey
Montana's probably good for another decade. Just stay out of Missoula.
Texas is getting blue fast

By all means, when you get where you're going be sure to limit your involvement in the firearms community to snarky posts on the local HTF. You really don't want to get involved in messy politics.

See how that works? People leave a state because it is overrun by leftists, thus making it more left. Then they go to a new state only to find the left infiltrating government at every level from the dog catcher to the governor. Rinse and repeat.  The gun rights effort moved out of the federal level over a decade ago and we are way behind the power curve.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The problem with this mentality is that it discourages people from doing so much as voting. I talked to thousands of people over the last 2 months. Too many gun owners use any excuse to not get involved:

"I will leave"
"I will not comply"
"It's hopeless"
"Seattle rules the state"
"We will split the state"
"What did NRA do?"

And the end result is, only a very few get involved. Like it or not, people have to vote. And there is no magic bullet that can motivate that vote. It takes a lot of hard work on the part of individuals to make it happen.
View Quote
^^This.  There were roughly 2 Million registered voters (~47%) that did NOT return a ballot (I know, 5 minutes you'll never get back).  1639 is currently leading by ~520,000 votes.

Do that math.  Say of the 2M of non-active registered voters, roughly half, or ~1M are republicans, maybe even independents and even maybe some moderate dems that don't think doing things like waiving HIPPA for life isn't right... Now half that again, ~500K voting against 1639 and we'd be having a very different conversation right now.

Apathy and complacency combined with blissful ignorance (and a healthy dose of MSM misdirection) are a large part of the reason we are here right this moment.

We're well past the point where folks can sit on the fence and expect others, that 'somebody'...you know, that 'somebody who ought to do something...' to carry the legislative battle and win like they used to.

Problem is that apathy has done more serious damage than 1639...you can fight the initiative in court.  Getting republicans back in the seats in Olympia aint gonna happen anytime soon.

BOSS
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The problem with this mentality is that it discourages people from doing so much as voting. I talked to thousands of people over the last 2 months. Too many gun owners use any excuse to not get involved
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The problem with this mentality is that it discourages people from doing so much as voting. I talked to thousands of people over the last 2 months. Too many gun owners use any excuse to not get involved
Quoted:
^^This.  
Apathy and complacency combined with blissful ignorance (and a healthy dose of MSM misdirection) are a large part of the reason we are here right this moment.  
No, what you whitnessed was just plain old apathy and a lack of priorities. They probably didnt vote at all because they're pessimists AND LAZY in general. You wouldnt believe how many people just ignor their ballots on lazyness alone. People who have gun rights as a priority voted, I guarantee it. The ones who gave you excuses, DO NOT have gun rights or voting as a priority.

Voter pessimism/apathy is the bigger problem, for everything on the ballot. I know many people that voted, though not hopefull for 1639 and other issues, but they did vote.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Your Screwed.
View Quote
No, I’m not. I was just curious. I’m here until I retire, no way around it. My kid as and grandkids are here, so most likely I’m here until I’m buried, that said, I guess it’s time now to see if this can be undone? I’d also like to know how this will effect my FFL I just got for my part time side business? I have read all sorts of things but like everything I’m sure there are facts and made up facts.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks official, there's only 1,128,858 evil, stupid 'gun nuts' in WA.

Good thing 1639 won't effect too many law-abiding citizens or anything.

Boss
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife and I BOTH got letters today from Pierce County auditor, staring that our ballots were rejected due to signature mismatches. Complete bullshit. Oh but wait, "it's not too late to submit an updated signature!" Why? So they can claim that it doesn't match up either?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Threw down $150 for a life membership to SAF today. It's the only thing I could think of doing that has a chance of being helpful.

https://www.saf.org/join-saf/
View Quote
Good job.  I've been a Lifer with SAF for years.  Throw my Amazon Smile money their way also.  This Initiative is utter bullshit, unlawful, and unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
TNC,
you must be a liberal

to live a better life.

Well,

It's easier for You,

But,
Worth it all!

In the end,
You Will Not.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
TNC,
you must be a liberal

to live a better life.

Well,

It's easier for You,

But,
Worth it all!

In the end,
You Will Not.

Quoted:

This is why we lose. People quick to hoist the bullshit flag because of their own assumptions. Then we have to divert our efforts to convince our own people, who should be reading and educating others.

This is why we lose. WAHTF should be the premier RKBA forum in the state. Instead we have equal effort going into choosing which state we run to.
m62........You smoking crack???  Serious question???
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

^^This.  There were roughly 2 Million registered voters (~47%) that did NOT return a ballot (I know, 5 minutes you'll never get back).  1639 is currently leading by ~520,000 votes.

Do that math.  Say of the 2M of non-active registered voters, roughly half, or ~1M are republicans, maybe even independents and even maybe some moderate dems that don't think doing things like waiving HIPPA for life isn't right... Now half that again, ~500K voting against 1639 and we'd be having a very different conversation right now.

We're well past the point where folks can sit on the fence and expect others, that 'somebody'...you know, that 'somebody who ought to do something...' to carry the legislative battle and win like they used to.

Problem is that apathy has done more serious damage than 1639...you can fight the initiative in court.  Getting republicans back in the seats in Olympia aint gonna happen anytime soon.

BOSS
View Quote
2M non-votes?  That's pathetic.  It has become painfully obvious that illegal aliens have more conviction than citizen gun owners.

I'm here for the duration.  Hopefully, we get a spesdy legal remedy.  Barring that, circumstantial reality will dictate my long term plans.  In the interim until being able to retire, I'll be keeping an eye on other states.  Hopefully, an escape plan won't be a necessity.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top