Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2017 2:15:55 PM EDT
Now more than ever it's important to get people out for these events. Tell your friends, post a reminder at gun shops and ranges.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Just watching the video king 5 ran the other day of dhingra being sworn in made me sick and her interview. "Now we can finally govern" which translates to prepare to have our taxes and gun control crammed right up your ass..  So sad to see Washington continue headed down this way, has been my home my whole life, hopefully we can get enough people motivated in the next year or so to try and stave some of this crap that is headed our way off
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Also reading the comments on king 5 the rabid lefties are celebrating any conservative folks leaving, they are willingly and gleefully riding this thing into the shitter, when it gets bad enough, they to will leave and go unto greener pastures to begin fucking that up to like the locusts they are.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Will do my best to get there. Wife and I just left this bullshit behind in CA (or so we thought). That place is a lost cause.

Everyone up here thinks this place is going to shit but you have no idea how much worse things are in CA.

OP is right though, now is the time to stop this, before they get any further. The more the agenda advances the harder it is to fight.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will do my best to get there. Wife and I just left this bullshit behind in CA (or so we thought). That place is a lost cause.

Everyone up here thinks this place is going to shit but you have no idea how much worse things are in CA.

OP is right though, now is the time to stop this, before they get any further. The more the agenda advances the harder it is to fight.
View Quote
We moved here 12 years ago and it has steadily declined. The antis are well along the path to their desired "West Coast Wall".

These events serve to give us public exposure and provide networking opportunities.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We moved here 12 years ago and it has steadily declined. The antis are well along the path to their desired "West Coast Wall".

These events serve to give us public exposure and provide networking opportunities.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep it has declined steadily and being a clone of CA is their end goal.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep it has declined steadily and being a clone of CA is their end goal.
View Quote
They don't want to clone CA, they want to do much, much more.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They don't want to clone CA, they want to do much, much more.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan on being there despite my thought that the left has so taken over this state it may be too late to preserve our freedoms. Regardless....if you don't show some fight and represent the cause then you just make the anti agenda easier to accomplish. I like the picture used to promote this rally. Normal average looking citizens on the Capitol steps showing their opposition to proposed laws that defy our Constitutional rights. I will get blowback on this but.... pictures of 2nd Amendment supporters showing up in camo, body armor, open carry side arms and ARs slung over the shoulder is not productive in any way. Average citizens who don't have gun ownership experience and no dog in the fight look at those pictures and say "Holy Shit" and react negatively. The fact is those pictures scare them. They are not inclined to vote for more of "that". Making sure that gun owners are presented in a favorable light is hugely important. The press will seek out and photograph anyone who looks like a "scary militia member" in order to freak out joe blow citizen reading the Seattle Times. Anyway....my thoughts only. I know it is your right to open carry but is it advancing the cause? Easy answer to that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I plan on being there despite my thought that the left has so taken over this state it may be too late to preserve our freedoms. Regardless....if you don't show some fight and represent the cause then you just make the anti agenda easier to accomplish. I like the picture used to promote this rally. Normal average looking citizens on the Capitol steps showing their opposition to proposed laws that defy our Constitutional rights. I will get blowback on this but.... pictures of 2nd Amendment supporters showing up in camo, body armor, open carry side arms and ARs slung over the shoulder is not productive in any way. Average citizens who don't have gun ownership experience and no dog in the fight look at those pictures and say "Holy Shit" and react negatively. The fact is those pictures scare them. They are not inclined to vote for more of "that". Making sure that gun owners are presented in a favorable light is hugely important. The press will seek out and photograph anyone who looks like a "scary militia member" in order to freak out joe blow citizen reading the Seattle Times. Anyway....my thoughts only. I know it is your right to open carry but is it advancing the cause? Easy answer to that.
View Quote
I agree with you and even though I have OCed a rifle before at the big rally in 2013, I was dressed in typical PNW winter attire indistinguishable from the average Seattle tech bro.

The problem is you have a contingent who believe that the public and electorate SHOULD be scared of them. To a degree, they have a point - we should be an intimidating voting block. However, that's not what they meant, they wanted a visceral reaction.

The morons from Sipsey Street Irregulars are who I'm referring to. Whoever that dumb fuck was that walked through the capitol doors with his trench coat and AR pistol at low ready, I'm talking specifically about you. YOU fuck us over.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for sharing, I’ll be there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing, I’ll be there.
View Quote
See ya there!
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed. This IS the time to stop this.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
FYI, a couple thousand of us showed up for Gun Appreciation day 5 years ago. We need to get those numbers there again.

I am concerned that we aren't coordinated at this point. There's this rally in January...I went last year and there weren't even any reps available to meet. Numbers were meh.

Keely Hopkins said at an NRA-ILA briefing a couple months ago that getting everyone to show ON the day of a hearing would have the highest impact. Two meh turnouts isn't as good as one decent one, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#14]
WA is just another example of the liberals' mindset.  If they lose they cry foul, racism, etc. and then for "unity" but if they win it is a big fuck you to whoever does not agree with them.

I'll mark the date and will try to go if not traveling but have no illusions that even if one million of is showed up there it would not make any difference for those critters and their plots.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FYI, a couple thousand of us showed up for Gun Appreciation day 5 years ago. We need to get those numbers there again.

I am concerned that we aren't coordinated at this point. There's this rally in January...I went last year and there weren't even any reps available to meet. Numbers were meh.

Keely Hopkins said at an NRA-ILA briefing a couple months ago that getting everyone to show ON the day of a hearing would have the highest impact. Two meh turnouts isn't as good as one decent one, IMO.
View Quote
Keely should send out a notice to all NRA members in the state. We can't turn out numbers if no one knows.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Call now and set appointments with your representatives.  While you are there, go and talk to YOUR EMPLOYEES.  Post here when you have appointments and with whom, so we the people from the same districts can go to your meeting also.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Call now and set appointments with your representatives.  While you are there, go and talk to YOUR EMPLOYEES.  Post here when you have appointments and with whom, so we the people from the same districts can go to your meeting also.
View Quote
Good idea! I wrote to my reps and senator a couple weeks ago. Will call about appointments today.

44th district:
Senator Steve Hobbs
Reps Harmsworth and Lovick

Rep Harmsworth has sent very pro gun responses.
Senator Hobbs has been good in the past, hope he still is. Has made a point to call back and chat.
Rep Lovick is probably not so good.

Anyone else from the 44th going?
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Followup. Unfortunately, I got to this at 3 yesterday.

Steve Hobbs is out but I have an appointment to talk with his assistant
My reps were gone for the day. Calling them first thing Monday.

And the NRA says:
The 2018 Washington Legislative Session is set to convene this upcoming Monday, and the Senate Law & Justice Committee has indicated it will hold a public hearing on multiple gun bills on the following Monday, January 15th from 10:00AM-12:00PM.  The committee agenda has not yet been posted for which bills will be heard; however, anti-gun legislators have already made it clear they are going to push several sweeping gun control bills this year.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Hot damn! We're pinned. ETA: cleaned up formatting.

Here's the list of bills, and the links to comment on just one. Use that link and the shopping list below to comment on the others.

Use the comment button at the right.

HB 1000 Use of deadly force OPPOSE

HB 1004 Possession of firearms/state of emergency SUPPORT

HB 1015 Limiting restrictions on concealed carry  SUPPORT

HB 1122 Safe storage of firearms   OPPOSE

HB 1134 Assault weapon ban    OPPOSE

HB 1174 Firearm safety education in schools  SUPPORT

HB 1181 Prohibiting handgun sales registry SUPPORT

HB 1190 Prohibiting handgun sales registry SUPPORT

HB 1270 Encouraging voluntary use of locking devices  SUPPORT

HB 1380 Repeals I-594   SUPPORT

HB 1381Universal recognition of all state CPLs    SUPPORT

HB 1387 Assault weapons background check   OPPOSE

HB 1483 Allows destruction of forfeited firearms  OPPOSE

HB 1529 Use of force  OPPOSE

HB 1592 Delivery of firearms to LEOs  SUPPORT

HB 1725 I-594 check exemption for CPL holders  SUPPORT

HB 1731 Certain exemptions to I-594  SUPPORT

HB 1900 Hunter ed funding/NRA license plates  NEUTRAL

HB 1933 Transfer of firearms at non-profit events  SUPPORT

HB 2293 Bans firearms in daycare facilities (exception)   OPPOSE

HB 2306 Allows licensed veterans to carry at Comm Coll  SUPPORT

HB 2329 Strengthens law making CPL data private   SUPPORT

SB 5000 Use of deadly force  OPPOSE

SB 5050 Assault weapon ban   OPPOSE

SB 5073 Use of force  OPPOSE

SB 5216 Firearm safety education in schools   SUPPORT

SB 5441 Involuntary freeze on firearm possession  NEUTRAL

SB 5444 Background check for “assault weapons”   OPPOSE

SB 5463 Mandatory safe storage of firearms  OPPOSE

SB 5506 Transfer of firearms at non-profit events   SUPPORT

SB 5553 Suicidal, waiver of rights  NEUTRAL

SB 5795 Mandatory firearm liability insurance   OPPOSE

SB 5992 Bans certain “trigger devices”    S. L&J  OPPOSE

SB 6049 Bans “high capacity” magazines  OPPOSE
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#22]
The hearings are where the real show will happen. This is what we're up against. Organized anti gun groups that bring people in on buses, flood the chambers, wear matching orange scarves, and get special treatment.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Phew!

Thank god for autofill! Now to wait 6 weeks for my carefully thought out autoreply.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#24]
shoulda said, I'll be there. How about a little arfcom get together?

Be sure to arrive for the hearing early to get a spot in line. In years past, the antis have gotten preferential treatment.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#25]
be there before the doors open to the hearing room, the speakers will be pre selected (at least is seems so in the past); also write your testimony with enough copies so each representative on the committee will get one.

Go visit the govenenor's office and the lt governors office too; tell the front desk whay you are there leave a copy of your testimony there too.

Bundle your visits, you are taking time to get there, see all of YOUR EMPLOYEES.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Called Becker, Barkis, and Wilcox.

Left message for Wilcox for an appointment.

Barkis does not have anytime available.

Sending Becker an email.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Sen Becker's office called about a meeting, 9 minutes later when I returned the call "nope sorry we are booked for the next couple of weeks"

No response from Rep Wilcox at this point
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Blogged: Noted for Olympia testimony (My link)

(I'm going to the rally Friday and back on Monday.)
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Will head that way.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Do we think they scheduled the hearing onMonday knowing the rally is on Friday thinking not very many pro 2a would make 2 trips in a few days? I'm hoping we have enough people there on Monday. It's in the hearing where these gain traction.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do we think they scheduled the hearing onMonday knowing the rally is on Friday thinking not very many pro 2a would make 2 trips in a few days? I'm hoping we have enough people there on Monday. It's in the hearing where these gain traction.
View Quote
It doesn't really matter how many people show up on Monday because they will be bussing in people from Seattle to tell sad stories about someone they knew 10 years ago who was hurt by a gun.  It's the same thing every year.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Well?
How did it go?
After action report?
Pictures?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#33]
About 150people showed.
Cold, rainy, Friday.

4 legislators, 2 dems, spoke in support.  A couple others.

News reports were surprisingly milquetoast.

They have a very narrow margin in the Senate, our only hope is to flip a couple of Dems until the next election.

The situation is tenuous.

Lots of bickering and in fighting on FacePage.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
About 150people showed.
Cold, rainy, Friday.

4 legislators, 2 dems, spoke in support.  A couple others.

News reports were surprisingly milquetoast.

They have a very narrow margin in the Senate, our only hope is to flip a couple of Dems until the next election.

The situation is tenuous.

Lots of bickering and in fighting on FacePage.
View Quote
Good luck guys.

It really makes me sick seeing what the antis are trying to do.

Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#35]
The bastards pushing for these new anti-gun legislations are just proxies of interest groups that have nothing to do with the populations' interests.  They have their own agenda and will push it through.  They do not care about votes because the system is rigged and will give them whatever result they want.  Only way to stop this is a Federal intervention, if this s possible.

Furthermore, they have to divert attention from the stuff that really matters but they are not interested in fixing.

Maybe, maybe, remembering the critters about what voters are really interested about could make them pay attention to what matters.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2015/01/06/education-is-no-1-issue-for-state-voters-poll-has-good-news-for-inslee/

Bolstered by a recovering economy, Washington voters have recovered enthusiasm for boosting public education along with signs of a willingness to pay for it, according to a statewide survey conducted on the eve of this year’s session of the Legislature.

Forty-two percent of those surveyed by the Elway Poll listed education as their No. 1 priority, with the economy trailing in second place at 32 percent.  The budget and taxes came third at 19 percent.

In fourth place, but sharply up from past surveys, 17 percent gave top priority to dealing with the state’s transportation congestion.

“For the first time in seven years, the economy was not named by voters as the most important issue of the coming legislative session,” wrote pollster Stuart Elway.

“A combination of an improving economic outlook and a Supreme Court mandate has moved education into the top spot on the public agenda.”
View Quote
More at the article.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not staying in Germany after the Nazis took over any more than I'm staying in WA now that it's behind the Left Coast Iron Curtain. Keep fighting the good fight guys, but I'm not getting loaded on a cattle car just because I own guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top