Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2017 9:51:48 AM EDT
I've been presented an opportunity to move to the Pasco area next year. Been trying to spend a little time researching the gun climate out in Washington and seem to be finding mixed messages.

Can those of you in the area help me out?

1. Overall the climate toward guns is pretty positive or more negative? I've seen the thread about awb bans being possible in 2018.....

2. Sbrs are legal to possess and shoot, correct?

3. Suppressors are legal to possess and shoot, correct?

4. What options are there for log range shooting in the area? Say 300+ yds.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
With Dems in control who knows what they will try to ram down our throats.

The dry side of the state is much more friendly and recent law changes have allowed the use of suppressors and we now have SBRs too.

The Rattlesnake Shooting Facility has a range that goes out to 1000 yards but you have to be an RO (or guest) or be shooting a match (practice session, hunter sight in or other event) to use that range.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been presented an opportunity to move to the Pasco area next year. Been trying to spend a little time researching the gun climate out in Washington and seem to be finding mixed messages.

Can those of you in the area help me out?

1. Overall the climate toward guns is pretty positive or more negative? I've seen the thread about awb bans being possible in 2018.....
View Quote
In Pasco? Pretty positive. As a state? I wouldn't put anything on a statewide ballot and hope for any positive outcome. And to be brutally honest, the demographics are moving the wrong way too.

Quoted:2. Sbrs are legal to possess and shoot, correct?
View Quote
Yes. Some people worked very hard to make that happen, and it did. This is relatively recent, they were previously banned in '94.

Quoted:3. Suppressors are legal to possess and shoot, correct?
View Quote
Yes. This happened many years ago, but they also were banned in '94.

Quoted:4. What options are there for log range shooting in the area? Say 300+ yds.

Thanks
View Quote

Several ranges in the area. There are also areas in public land, but you'll probably have to drive a ways. I've spent a bit of time in that area on public land hunting and on rivers fishing, but I do not live out there, I'm a few hours away.

I always liked the tri cities... Weather is generally pretty nice. Lots of water and rivers to boat and fish on. Plenty of rural areas very close by and traffic isn't all that bad yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the input guys. Should know by year end how this will play out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top