Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2017 4:45:49 PM EDT
Fucking amazing!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/seattles-income-tax-on-the-wealthy-is-illegal-judge-rules/

Seattle’s income tax on wealthy households failed its first legal test Wednesday, with a King County Superior Court ruling that the measure is illegal.

READ THE ARTICLE

In a summary judgment, Judge John R. Ruhl agreed with multiple challengers that the city ordinance adopted in July is not authorized under state law.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the city attorneys argued that having an income in Seattle is a privilege, which basically put the $15 minimum wage law in jeopardy, since it was passed by the council on the argument that a living wage income is a right.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coming soon to Seattle a "fee" on "rich" people.
Followed by state wide income tax
View Quote
It's all just a game.  Stick it to everyone.  To hell with the state constitution.  "For safety", of course.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Coming soon to Seattle a "fee" on "rich" people.
Followed by state wide income tax
View Quote
Didn’t that already get voted in for a 2018 start? The family leave thing. .4% tax on wages starting in 2018.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Didn't that already get voted in for a 2018 start? The family leave thing. .4% tax on wages starting in 2018.
View Quote
Thats right, we effectively have an income tax now with the new FMLA that was voted in.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats right, we effectively have an income tax now with the new FMLA that was voted in.
View Quote
Based on precedent, I guess that is something else that will have to be shot down as unconstitutional.

Stupid asshole progressives.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Based on precedent, I guess that is something else that will have to be shot down as unconstitutional.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I damn well hope so. This actually bothers me more than an all out income tax because it was a bullshit back door under the guise of "helping people".
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I damn well hope so. This actually bothers me more than an all out income tax because it was a bullshit back door under the guise of "helping people".
View Quote
We've spent a ton of money, as one employer, getting ready for the new tax and approach to it.  It is bullshit; and allows for substantial increases later.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 4:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Ferguson could do his job & enforce the state constitution, but then there's the whole grandstanding for governor show he's been putting on since he got into the state AG office.  No time for work, it would seem.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ferguson could do his job & enforce the state constitution, but then there's the whole grandstanding for governor show he's been playing on since he got into the state AG office.  No time for work, it would seen.
View Quote

Yeah, right.  He's too busy sueing everything that moves
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top