Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2017 9:36:24 AM EDT
Looks like I will be moving back to the Pacific Northwest again, thank God!

Can anyone tell me about Pullman, Washington? How is the place? What is a good place to live? In the city of Pullman or another city? Looking for a middle to upper middle class area to reside.

How are gun laws in Washington? NFA items??

Also, what is a good place to shoot in Pullman? BLM land or are there great shooting facilities?

Thanks for any and all information.

EDIT

should I live in Moscow, Idaho? Apparently its 15 minutes away.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
With the direction that the political winds are blowing in Washington, I would seriously consider living in Idaho.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll second living in Idaho. I wanted to buy our house in Idaho, but got vetoed by my wife.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I would live in Idaho if I were you. Moscow seemed better to me in every way than Pullman. They're both liberalish due to the colleges but not Seattle or Portland liberal. I OC'd with my MAGA hat and nobody batted an eye. Shit the BBQ place has an OC discount.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Live in Moscow. Go to Lapwai to shoot.

lcwc.org
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How are gun laws in Washington? NFA items??
View Quote
Generally not terrible gun laws. Permitless open carry is fine with the usual caveats about getting LEO attention in the bigger cities. Full auto and short barrel shotguns are illegal.

Concealed pistol license is shall-issue for residents and may-issue for non residents. Idaho doesn't require a permit for residents and recognizes Washington's, and Washington recognizes Idaho's *enhanced* resident permit, so from that perspective you can live wherever you want.

If you have dealings in Oregon, be aware that Oregon doesn't recognize any other state's permit and is may-issue for people who live in WA, ID, NV and CA. In my limited experience Multnomah county sheriff is very willing to issue to non residents.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Generally not terrible gun laws. Permitless open carry is fine with the usual caveats about getting LEO attention in the bigger cities. Full auto and short barrel shotguns are illegal.

Concealed pistol license is shall-issue for residents and may-issue for non residents. Idaho doesn't require a permit for residents and recognizes Washington's, and Washington recognizes Idaho's *enhanced* resident permit, so from that perspective you can live wherever you want.

If you have dealings in Oregon, be aware that Oregon doesn't recognize any other state's permit and is may-issue for people who live in WA, ID, NV and CA. In my limited experience Multnomah county sheriff is very willing to issue to non residents.
View Quote
Until next year anyway

OP you're better off in Idaho.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Until next year anyway

OP you're better off in Idaho.
View Quote
Umm, I'd rather encourage gunnies to move to WA state to tilt the balance back in our favor. Especially since Moscow is mere feet from Pullman. Also, Idaho has a state income tax and we don't at this point.

I was looking at Pullman when temporarily jobless this year. A job opened up nearby so I didn't have to move East or I would have ended up there. Looks like there's LOTS of outdoor fun available in Pullman/Idaho. Kind of wondering what Dave's Gun and Golf is like...

The place I was looking to work is Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories. I understand they treat their employees well...
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Pullman went blue last election because of the shitty leftist kids from all over the country that attend it.....as previously discussed I would try Idaho or Clarkston/ Lewiston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top