Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 9:42:08 PM EDT
Anyone had a Super Gas block pinned? I am looking for a good shop in the north end.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The fixture to drill and pin your own gas block costs around $60...Try BRDEngineering.com to look at the jig.  They are out of Grand Rapids, MInnesota.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
That was my original plan, but the Geissele jig is $140. I don’t build enough guns to justify it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I just used set screws on mine. I wouldnt expect any issues if you dont pin it, and if it isnt a combat rifle I'd feel fine with set screws.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a work gun so if push comes to shove it will go to ADCO for pinning. I was just looking to support a local business first.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Might try rainier arms they will probably do it but they quote $75 for an a2 and $30 for just a pinning.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might try rainier arms they will probably do it but they quote $75 for an a2 and $30 for just a pinning.
View Quote
They can't do a Geissele block.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
How about splitting the price of the drilling fixture with one or two other interested parties...I would be interested.

As an alternative, you can countersink the set screws using your gas block to locate where to drill to countersink recesses for the set screws.  I have used that method and found it to be pretty good.  The correct drill size and depth for countersink is important, but not difficult.  There are a number of ways to reduce the chance of the set screws backing out...the most severe is the one used on the gas key screws that affix it to the bolt carrier.  That is more extreme than I prefer though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They can't do a Geissele block.
View Quote
@burkian  

rainier is now setup to do them, I just got a barrel back from them. they charged a little extra cause my barrel was nitrided but they did the job.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@burkian  

rainier is now setup to do them, I just got a barrel back from them. they charged a little extra cause my barrel was nitrided but they did the job.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top