Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2017 9:43:37 PM EDT
It's sickening to watch the local news with all of the anti-gun bullshit going on.
Fuckers are dancing on the graves of those killed in Vegas.
Our governor is leading the band.

If we don't pull together we are fucked.

All because of some shitwad.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to take the pragmatic approach on it all. If the aftermath of a "automatic assault rifle" rifle killing 50+ people only leads to the ban of bumpfire stocks I'll call that a win. I'll fight anything of course, but if they can focus on stocks and not move their sights over to a full assault rifle ban....well, good enough. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's an interesting angle...

link
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

link
View Quote
Really? Get out of here with that crap
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm going to take the pragmatic approach on it all. If the aftermath of a "automatic assault rifle" rifle killing 50+ people only leads to the ban of bumpfire stocks I'll call that a win. I'll fight anything of course, but if they can focus on stocks and not move their sights over to a full assault rifle ban....well, good enough. 
View Quote
When it comes to bans, there is no good enough, which is why we have to fight tooth and nail to stop this bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Our leaders are merely toadies following the narrative delivered by their media?one party overlords..
Once WA legislature goes dim we are TOAST!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
remember this...

86 killed in Nice France,  with a truck.

i don't see them going after something that killa 50%more,  even quicker than guns.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
It's too bad we have limp dick republicans in total power right now, otherwise you might almost not worry about gun control.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
remember this...

86 killed in Paris,  with a truck.

i don't see them going after something that killa 50%more,  even quicker than guns.
View Quote
Nice, not Paris, but your point is still valid.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Really? Get out of here with that crap
View Quote
There's no 'sarcasm' font so I guess I should have embellished it with the mushed up smileys, huh?

But the very last point, #11, is interesting...
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When it comes to bans, there is no good enough, which is why we have to fight tooth and nail to stop this bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I agree. Dont get me wrong I dont want to see any changes and I will vehemently fight to stop those. But these sorts of things are what gets anti gun laws ratcheted up. I wont concede bumpstocks, but if thats all I lose I'll not feel the battle was lost.

As a guy who spent time in Cali, I know what real gun restrictions feels like. Fuck. That. I do not want that again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The article has so many holes in it I don't know quite where to start.  But I'll post a few of my initial disagreements:

1.  Firing a number of 5.56 rifles full auto does NOT take the immense strength and stamina that writer suggests, especially if they are fired from a well prepared rested position.

2.  What sounds like multiple weapons could easily be the writer mistaking the sound of the actual discharge of the weapon from an echo, or from the supersonic crack of the bullet going past the recording device.  All three of those things could easily sound like three different full auto weapons to someone who hasn't had supersonic bullets fly past them, only to hear the actual discharge of the weapon moment later....then to hear the echo.

3.  No one said that the shooter took all the weapons to his room in one trip...the writer assumed it.

It is perfectly plausible that the shooter had a helper who shot the guy left behind to make it look like a suicide.  We will have to wait for forensic reports on the autopsy for that though.  Of course, that all assumes that the FBI et al will actually release the full truth to the public, rather than releasing a self serving narrative that calms the public's fears, and puts focus back on evil weapons, rather than on evil people.  Everyone can put their tinfoil hats back on now.

I don't believe we will ever know the full, actual truth of this incident any more than we will about the Kennedy assassination.  Shit happens, and freedom is scary at times.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I won’t turn in shit
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Had it been a THOUSAND KNIVES or more, can you imagine the death toll there?
Heavy-bladed  knives dropping silently from above.
Haphazardly shredding, stabbing, imbedding, etc. into possibly hundreds of human beings.
Weird scenario, yes.

I'm not buying the entire story or narrative or whatever conspiracy bullshit is foisted upon us on TV.
There are a lot of 'facts' that don't quite add up to reality, in my opinion.
Especially the fact that the perp is a conundrum himself.

Trump is smart to hold off for a bit and find out what really IS the fuck going on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#15]
The battle is never over.  Not worth contacting our representatives because they are liberal morons/morans.  

The revolution nears.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Expect an AWB via initiative here before Trump's first term is over.

"If the Feds won't act we will" type derp.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Expect an AWB via initiative here before Trump's first term is over.

"If the Feds won't act we will" type derp.
View Quote
Bob Ferguson has tried to push one through the last two years, hes only going to have more support this time around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, I would say they would try to word it so any enhancement for the fire rate would be ban if they only "target" the stock.  Hence it would ban other upgrades such as trigger upgrades.  

Also at what point to do you draw the line and say you do not cross this line?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Here comes Nick Hanauer and WAGR again

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/enough-with-thoughts-and-prayers-time-to-act/

David Frockt will propose a new state AWB at the urging of AG Ferguson, our state's favorite progressive attention whore and likely future governor.

http://kuow.org/post/military-style-weapons-ban-proposed-washington-legislature

It's reaching the point where we will be fighting this every single year in this state, whether it be during a legislative session or by initiative. Unfortunately at some point it's going to pass. The Puget Sound corridor wants Washington to be California and won't quit until that happens.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Honestly, I am awaiting a ballot initiative like they did with 594.  Ya know I am really surprised that they haven't tried that one already.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here comes Nick Hanauer and WAGR again

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/enough-with-thoughts-and-prayers-time-to-act/

David Frockt will propose a new state AWB at the urging of AG Ferguson, our state's favorite progressive attention whore and likely future governor.

http://kuow.org/post/military-style-weapons-ban-proposed-washington-legislature

It's reaching the point where we will be fighting this every single year in this state, whether it be during a legislative session or by initiative. Unfortunately at some point it's going to pass. The Puget Sound corridor wants Washington to be California and won't quit until that happens.
View Quote
If you go to a Sounders Soccer match, you are supporting the enemy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's no 'sarcasm' font so I guess I should have embellished it with the mushed up smileys, huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

#11 is just as stupid as the rest of the article.  Mike Adams says;  
How was the FBI able to almost immediately declare Paddock had no ties to ISIS — barely 12 hours after the shooting
Everything I read says there has been no evidence of a link.  So where did the FBI declare Paddock had no ties to ISIS?

Ranb
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you go to a Sounders Soccer match, you are supporting the enemy.
View Quote
Add the Seahawks, Costco, Microsoft, and Amazon to that list.

Let's be honest. How many of these organizations is anyone on here going to boycott? 

Not that one guy or even a group of people are going to put a dent in the money that our area billionaires and millionaires have for their gun control measures.

It has always surprised me that a statewide AWB hasn't passed yet. We have the world's #1 & #3 richest men living here along with a piece of shit Governor, Attorney General, and a mostly lazy state legislature that is easily distracted by dumb shit like the McCleary decision.

An AWB is going to happen. There is no doubt about it. After the legal issues with 594, you can bet that there have been people working day and night to make an AWB that is airtight, palatable to the State Supreme Court, and has no grandfathering provisions in it.

There isn't shit we can do about it and no one including the NRA, SAF, or any other pro-2A organization is going to have the resources necessary to go against Hanauer, Gates, Allen, Bezos and their buddy, Bloomberg.

The writing is on the wall. Get mad at me all you want.  Charity spaghetti dinners, collecting signatures outside the Safeway, and printing up some bumper stickers won't do shit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No, I would say they would try to word it so any enhancement for the fire rate would be ban if they only "target" the stock.  Hence it would ban other upgrades such as trigger upgrades.  

Also at what point to do you draw the line and say you do not cross this line?
View Quote
Well, being perfectly honest I wont commit to that one way or another. As of today.....I have a wife and kids. Guns arent the "do or die" issue for me. Give me twenty years of pent up frustrations and who knows. 

I would have expected the line to be considered crossed at a federal level in 86 and 94. At a state level in pick your state....NY ban, Cali ban, Connecticut, Il....The list goes on.

The pragmatic fact of the matter is no one is willing to die for something so inconsequential as guns. I love my guns, but at the end of the day its a hobby. I'm not ready to die for guns any more than I am for kite flying. And the very simple fact is neither is anyone else.

Its pretty easy for someone to say they would be #999 in the revolution recruitment. Far more difficult to be #1!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m pretty sure Washington already has a fire rate ban of 5 rounds per second. That’s why no binary trigger manufacturers will ship here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
remember this...

86 killed in Nice France,  with a truck.

View Quote
Tragedy = opportunity.  Everyone owns a car.  Not everyone owns a gun.  Certainly not enough to intimidate a politician.  Gun owners are an easy pickins', low-hanging fruit subset.

Besides, Inslee...
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure Washington already has a fire rate ban of 5 rounds per second. That’s why no binary trigger manufacturers will ship here.
View Quote
That’s not why they won’t ship binary triggers here.

RCW 9.41.010 states a "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot...”

Since a binary fires on Press AND Release, it runs afoul of the wording that says it requires a “press” for every round fired. This section does talk about the 5 rounds per second issue, but that doesn’t really have an impact on the trigger’s legality.

5 rounds per second is clearly doable with various traditional triggers on the market now, but they all work on “press” only.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

link
View Quote
I've fired full auto for more than 10 minutes a few times... I must be more bad ass than a SEAL!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
So Washington has outlawed Jerry Miculek? When Jerry is outlawed only outlaws are Jerry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#30]
This says it all:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Add the Seahawks, Costco, Microsoft, and Amazon to that list.

Let's be honest. How many of these organizations is anyone on here going to boycott? 

Not that one guy or even a group of people are going to put a dent in the money that our area billionaires and millionaires have for their gun control measures.

It has always surprised me that a statewide AWB hasn't passed yet. We have the world's #1 & #3 richest men living here along with a piece of shit Governor, Attorney General, and a mostly lazy state legislature that is easily distracted by dumb shit like the McCleary decision.

An AWB is going to happen. There is no doubt about it. After the legal issues with 594, you can bet that there have been people working day and night to make an AWB that is airtight, palatable to the State Supreme Court, and has no grandfathering provisions in it.

There isn't shit we can do about it and no one including the NRA, SAF, or any other pro-2A organization is going to have the resources necessary to go against Hanauer, Gates, Allen, Bezos and their buddy, Bloomberg.

The writing is on the wall. Get mad at me all you want.  Charity spaghetti dinners, collecting signatures outside the Safeway, and printing up some bumper stickers won't do shit.
View Quote
That would be unconstitutional on its face.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
So the A's have the most gun laws and most deaths, and F's have the least laws and least deaths? I'm not sure what this map is trying to show
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So the A's have the most gun laws and most deaths, and F's have the least laws and least deaths? I'm not sure what this map is trying to show
View Quote
For our purposes, the slide that this state is making towards being California North.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That would be unconstitutional on its face.
View Quote
Unconstitutional? In a state where the both the US and State Constitutions are only mere suggestions? A State Supreme Court that carries water for the liberal agenda? An Attorney General who has no problems spending your money to grandstand anything that the Trump administration tries to implement and has shown that he is no friend to anyone who dares to own "assault weapons"

Constructed in the right way, any grandfathering clause would be just words on paper. You don't think that between the SAFE act and other similar laws around the country, the anti-gunners haven't been taking notes. I know they have with respect to the "loopholes" left in 594.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Ban BOXTRUX.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ban BOXTRUX.
View Quote
Lol.....

This state has done everything it can to fuck with CDL drivers and the vehicles they drive. Might as well trickle it down to U-Hauls 

I see those goofy UK kitchen knives in our future when Chinese style mass stabbings become more fashionable. 

Just look at what that racist fuck down in Portland did on a MAX train.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:16:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bob Ferguson has tried to push one through the last two years, hes only going to have more support this time around.
View Quote
Well they've certainly imported enough libtards into the state
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Honestly, I am awaiting a ballot initiative like they did with 594.  Ya know I am really surprised that they haven't tried that one already.
View Quote
Heard a segment on KUOW Friday where they were discussing exactly this. Guests were editor of the Stranger, some other person I missed, and CR Douglas from Q13 Fox.

Back before 594 passed Douglas gave his "analysis" on Q13 and called the concerns about the initiative unfounded.

The other two guests were adamant that an AWB initiative must happen, and trusted that the voters would be "way ahead of the legislature on it."

What I was surprised by was Douglas' complete disagreement on that issue. He stated that half or more of all guns sold in the state would be banned under such an initiative, it wouldn't be a slam dunk like 594, that it would be wildly unpopular everywhere in the state outside the Seattle metro area, and warned that Democrats supporting an AWB initiative would face wrath from Democrat gun owners. You could practically hear the other two guests scoffing at his warning.

Other than that, KUOW pretty much passed the discussion off as a debate on the inevitable, and referred to proposed AWBs as "gun safety bills"
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What I was surprised by was Douglas' complete disagreement on that issue. He stated that half or more of all guns sold in the state would be banned under such an initiative, it wouldn't be a slam dunk like 594, that it would be wildly unpopular everywhere in the state outside the Seattle metro area, and warned that Democrats supporting an AWB initiative would face wrath from Democrat gun owners. You could practically hear the other two guests scoffing at his warning.
View Quote
That's why the two guests were scoffing. They know the score. Pissed off people in rural Washington are mere farts in the wind when it comes to overall electorate.

594 passed almost solely because of King County. When you add in the strong number of liberals from Whatcom, Snohomish, Pierce, Thurston and Clark County, it was a lock. The rest of state voted overwhelmingly against 594 and 1491. Didn't matter.

Add in some language about protecting sporting use weapons and you'll get fudds climbing into the boat as well for an AWB. We've seen it recently with the new levels of retardism concerning bumpstocks. 

Don't think that all gun owners in Washington are on the same page. They're not. Gun owners have a large contingent willing to eat their own.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#40]
That AWB may be coming sooner than you think if the leftists have their way...

SB 5050:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5050&Year=2017

HB 1387:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1387&Year=2017
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

HB 1387:
View Quote
Assault weapons license? Wtf
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Ferguson can get fucked.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That AWB may be coming sooner than you think if the leftists have their way...

SB 5050:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5050&Year=2017

HB 1387:
View Quote
Those both died this year, but I'm sure something similar will be pushed next year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Those both died this year, but I'm sure something similar will be pushed next year.
View Quote
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171031/washington-attorney-general-bob-ferguson-renews-gun-ban-push-for-2018
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#45]
FBF

Hopefully the NRA will send more than the 20 year old girl they sent last year.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Winning the race in the 45th district is critical to our survival as we know it.  Otherwise it is a liberal trifecta:  Gov, house, and senate.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Winning the race in the 45th district is critical to our survival as we know it.  Otherwise it is a liberal trifecta:  Gov, house, and senate.
View Quote
If we're being honest with ourselves, It's already too late. We're fucked.

We have the Governor, the Attorney General, most of the State Supreme Court, most of the Legislature and most of the heads of the various state agencies all gunning to eliminate anything that would harken back to a period when Washington State wasn't a haven for illegal immigrants, career criminals, and rabble rousers. Add in a corrupt initiative process, a complicit media, and billionaires looking to create their own fucked up utopia......

What's left? As far as I see it, we're out of moves, don't have enough cash, and can't seem to get your average Washingtonian to give a shit**.

**Void in Central and Eastern Washington but they don't matter anymore. They no longer have the ability to sway statewide races or initiatives. The estimated population in the Puget Sound area (any county that touches Puget Sound except Mason & Jefferson) plus Clark, Skagit, San Juan, Island and Whatcom County for 2016 was 5,152,780 meaning that the area accounts for almost 72% of the state's total population. Over 2.1 million people now live in King County alone. Yes, not everyone in these areas is eligible to vote, cares enough about voting, or votes against us but the numbers don't lie. 2016 Population Trends- WA State Office of Financial Management

Here's the most sobering images out of that report:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Figure out how to get rid of Amazon, Microsoft and the other industries that tend to (not always because I know some of us work at these places) attract bleeding heart liberals and brain dead Democrat voters. That's the only way you save this state but we all know that won't happen.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Figure out how to get rid of Amazon, Microsoft and the other industries that tend to (not always because I know some of us work at these places) attract bleeding heart liberals and brain dead Democrat voters. That's the only way you save this state but we all know that won't happen.
View Quote
Boeing.
Corporate headquarters out of state.
Non-union assembly plant out of state.

Raise some taxes and end tax breaks, that should do the trick.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Boeing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boeing.

Aren’t they doing that now?
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Aren’t they doing that now?
View Quote
No doubt but it's not Boeing that is bringing in the unwashed liberal assholes into our state. It's the weed & tech industries.

It's not something that I think is publicly available but I'd bet that Boeing's workforce is significantly older than the other major employers here in the State. Skilled trades of a technical nature tend to have that characteristic. The corporate guys in Chicago are probably rubbing their hands in anticipation of the retirement wave. It'll give them the final excuse to shutter most of the production out here and move it to the South. Boil down their presence here to testing, final delivery and technical support.

I might be wrong but I have to go with the grumblings I hear from people that I know that do work for Boeing. I do know that this State will bend over and spread their cheeks even wider to keep Boeing here which ends up fucking us all. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top