Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 10:14:34 PM EDT
I lucked(?) in to picking up two Scepter MFCs on Saturday at the surplus stores in Tillicum, but I bought without knowing what I was getting in to.  One of the cans has the swolen oring which has led to the center retainer to being cracked (about 30% of the ring has detached).  The other can looks OK, but there is no way of knowing whether the seal is rubber or vitton.  I want to replace that seal just to be safe.

I know I can't go to Scepter for replacement parts, but I was wondering if anyone has, or has a source for, replacement parts like Viton gaskets or a whole new lid.  There may be something in it for ye if you can help a brother out.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember the name of the company offhand but a few minutes worth of searching in the survival gear forum should turn up the place that is generally considered the best supplier of replacement gaskets for those cans. I'm on my phone so I'm not going to search for you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't remember the name of the company offhand but a few minutes worth of searching in the survival gear forum should turn up the place that is generally considered the best supplier of replacement gaskets for those cans. I'm on my phone so I'm not going to search for you.

Well geez, that's not very helpful.  It's not like you have a job or anything!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not like you have a computer and an Internet connection where you can look that shit up yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top