Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 11:09:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
When the spirit of the law is not enforced, there is lawlessness !

Remember the gregwhore debacle ? the supremes scolded the repubs and dems and told them not to use the court to twist the law ?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Wierd!

I'm still in shock that a state that has rain over 200 day a year can be short of water. Heck, LCR has floods every year. Wonder why reservoirs aren't filled?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Courts will rule this as for the "greater good"...

Morons don't realize we live in a FREE country, not some backwards commu-nazi "utopia".
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If the gevernment can't have it then nobody can! We're taking our ball and going home! Oh, by the way it's not your ball... Who cares, we'll take it in court, the judge is one of us.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wierd!

I'm still in shock that a state that has rain over 200 day a year can be short of water. Heck, LCR has floods every year. Wonder why reservoirs aren't filled?

Because of the secret Bush/Cheney water tunnels that transport water to Southern California...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wierd!

Because of the secret Bush/Cheney water tunnels that transport water to Southern California...

Thats no joke KA3B, remember they are still trying to take water out of the columbia and pipe it to california.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wierd!

Thats no joke KA3B, remember they are still trying to take water out of the columbia and pipe it to california.

That is right...

In hopes of backing up the Colorado, and filling in the Grand Canyon.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That is right...

In hopes of backing up the Colorado, and filling in the Grand Canyon.]

I dont get it, how does water in the LA basin back up the colorado ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And weirder yet, when there's water shortages, water rates go up. Huh? Are they trucking more in from out of state?

I'm pretty sure that's called gouging. If I know all the hotels in my area are going to be booked up solid, I could very conceivably raise my rates indefinitely, and get away with it for that time period. But, that would make me an asshole. My costs do not go up because there's more demand than supply.

How in the hell does the public utility get away with it when they are charging for melted snow?

And if I have my tin foil hat on correctly, I notice that EVERY year, the major local news networks report the possibility of drought during the winter, until they get made asses out of them by mother nature dumping ungodly amounts of snow and rain.

fuckers

Alot of expense in running a public water system.

Water Treatment. Filtration, Flouridation, Chlorination and other Chemicals as needed...
Infastructure: New pipes, New tanks , Upkeep of Hydrants etc etc ...
Wages. Got keep up with Union wages !
Electricity $$$ , Go get yourself some 900-1000 HP electric motors and run them with a load for 6 months straight !!!

Drought has more effect on Utilities that use surface water like the wetside.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Because they know you'll pay for it!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How does supplying a somewhat forecastable amount of water, increase in cost when the supply runs dry? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but it's a question I've never heard an answer to.

Throwing more money at a problem that can't be fixed with more money just seems a little odd to me.

Is it simply to curb waste, as a disciplinary action, or....?

Alot of factors involved really. Most Utilities can pass operating cost increases on to the customer in fairly arbitrary ways.

If a water PUD surface water source resvr's are running low and they have exhausted or are getting near their well water rights limit they can purchase water from another nearby PUD with a system tie. Having to purchase water and pump it around is added costs.

How much of an increase do you see ? Alot of the receant costs have been more driven by Fed clean water regulations on the sewer side. Personally my water usage bill runs $ 8-10 a month but the sewer side has skyrocketed with surcharges and storm water fees that cost $ 25-30 a month !
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top