Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:03:57 PM EDT
It usually takes me a trip or two a year to realize why I don't go to the Waddell creek pit on weekends.

We get there and there are 3 people off to one side shooting handguns. Several quads and bikes riding up the hill. Once I started to setup and the ARs came out all the quads left. Another guy had gotten there at the same time as us(more about him later). We shoot a little, then 3 more people show up and set up to our right and start shooting skeet. Nephew goes to take a leak, I lean down and start loading mags. The skeet shooters and handgunners are still shooting. I look over to the left and that guy is walking down range, while people are still shooting, to check his target.(he did that twice)

He comes back and I start shooting again. I notice an old lady and young guy come up with a 10/22 and no hearing protection. I keep shooting figuring they would get in line with everyone else and start shooting. WRONG!! They setup about 20 feet behind everyone else and start blasting away. I run back and ask them to get in line with everyone else. They move forward about 10 feet and start shooting, while still behind my nephew and I. We move back once it was safe. The old lady is waving the 10/22 around like a fly swatter. More people start showing up, so I decided we'd tempted fate long enough. Packed our stuff and took off.

Nephew had a good time, he just got stationed to Hawaii with the USMC and is home for a couple days. He wants to come down to LCR next weekend, but I don't know if he will have time. We'll see
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:33:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:38:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OdT:

Originally Posted By Kooter:
... tempted fate long enough. Packed our stuff and took off.

Don't blame you any...

Little rock has got to be better... do they allow black guns?

Yeah, but no people targets and 1 round a second I believe. He wanted to do some bumpfiring so we went to the pit instead of a range. Didn't have enough time to go to the other pit
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:16:27 PM EDT
I stopped by there about 3 hrs ago.

Dumb and dumber were there with a 12ga and no hearing protection. Couldn't hit the damn broad side of a barn. They kept changing their position...15ft in front of me, 15ft behind me. They kept sweeping me. Quads all over the place *while* shooting. I just went out there to blast the Glock a little bit.

Thankfully they left soon after I got there.

I ended up going through about 150rnds with nobody around. It was actually quite nice.

I also noticed they came in there and cleaned up quite a bit. Much better than I had seen it last time.

I also went up to the little pit today. Nobody around. All in all a good time to go shooting.

-Rob
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:19:48 PM EDT
Top Top