Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 3:07:55 PM EDT
Just picked up a new toy....Kel-Tec PLR16 from Terry at Ben's Loan.  He had the best price around plus he's only 5 min away.

I will definitely be making repeat purchases from Ben's.  

Word is he's expecting 3 more in the next week.

Now I just need the factory forearm pieces....

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
5 minutes away from Bens.
You better get a second and third job.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
one of these?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes...minus the sling, scope, and railed forend...

I have pics...I just have never figured out how to post them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
What is it with you guy's and these screwed up rifles?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
one of these?

www.kel-tec.com/images/plr16_pic03.gif

WTF is that thing?

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Ben's has gone SEVERELY down hill in the past few years since Marty left.  Terry has let Marty leaving go to his head.

TS
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is it with you guy's and these screwed up rifles pistols?

Fixed it for you...

I wanted something else to burn through my .223 stash...I was looking to purchase another AR15 from the EE...but I think I got out scooped by another WA HTF member.  OK, which one of you was it?  

If you do read this....I'd be interested in splitting some of the stuff w/ you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Here it is...w/ a Hogue Handall grip.  I'm looking to order the forend today and hopefully a sling.  Then maybe a phantom FS from teknic.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw one today at Survival Arms for $499, did you get your's for less? I gots to get me one of those!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I paid less than that....after taxes and a hogue handall grip.  Today I ordered the forend and sling from kel-tec...and a phantom fs from teknic.  I'll recommend Ben's for the price he gave me...plus he's getting 3 more within the next few days if he didn't receive them today (friday).
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been wanting to get one of those for a while now. DGS over in Kirkland had one for about $450 IIRC, but that was a while ago. I think the compact forend is a "must" add on. The Phantom will look great I bet.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Yah....I saw the one at DGS.  Someone beat me to it though...and when I asked about their next shipment they said the new price was $499.  I got mine for $449.  

To me the PLR16 w/o the compact forend....looks like a Star Wars blaster.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Next
Where's Ben's then and doesn anyone vhave their number???
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Next

Renton, all the info you need can be found here, Ben's Online.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Next

Renton, all the info you need can be found here, Ben's Online.

Thanks buddy! I'm hoping they're not all gone before I get paid this week I just saw the vid of this thing and I'm lovin' it
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Huge_gator....let us know when you get yours
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
It is in my lap as I type this

I went down there at around noon. They had just got them in yesterday and already had one out and it was getting all kinds of finger-fucked. I asked to check one out and had the box opened for the 1st time in front of me and I took her out, did a brief visual and said, "We have some paperwork to do."
By the time I was done filling out the forms and getting all squared up, the 1st one was being bought and their last one was being passed around. I really doubt if it stayed there all day.

Arrgr, you are a bad man for making me do this    Thanks for bring this to my attention

I did get the Handall grip and it is an improvement. Next will be the forend and a muzzle break. This a fun shooter for me so a Phantom defeats the purpose of a "shock and awe" toy at the range. I'll probably get an el cheapo dot to abuse on it, too.

Where are you getting your forend? Got a link?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome huge_gator...

Yah these PLRs are going quick.  I didn't see one in the showcases when I went, but I noticed some of the kel-tec SU rifles on the rack.  I asked about the PLR and Terry was like let me check those boxes....just delivered.  

You need to call Kel-tec customer support at 1-800-515-9983...right now the only PLR16 accessories available are the sling, forend, case deflecting operating handle.  

http://www.kel-tec.com/su16_accessories.html

The sling was like $15 and forend $45.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's a good thread showing pics with and without a flash supressor.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=50;action=display;num=1142048745
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nifty, thank you. I grabbed a BSA cheapo red dot tonight and the wife said that I'm cut after that
It's all good as I was thinking about stripping my M-4 stuff off my Oly and giving it the traditional CAR look again so I'll sell off some furniture and put the Phantom on it on the PLR. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could rig up an AK black polymer front handguard on it instead. That would be bad ass.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's mine:

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I've sold some of these in my shop but they are hard as heck to get. My distributors (RSR, Jerry's and Davidsons) all have them "alloted" which basically means they go to larger traffic dealers. I've sold a lot of Car-15 pistols and the quality can't be compared, but of course neither can the price. All and all I think this is a nice pistol. I do suggest getting a flash hider for its standard threaded barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top