Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 3:16:45 PM EDT
Me on stage 2

2 targets, 235 yards away

You guys missed a great time!!!

I didn't go down expecting to win or anything like that. I went down to try something new and have fun. I was squadded with a great bunch of guys that were mostly correctional officers. They decided to use AKs for the match this time. All were great shooters, but those 235 yard targets gave the AK guys a hard time.

I learned that my Eotech is even more awsome than I thought it was before. Longest distance I have ever shot through it is the gravel pit at LCR. Once I figured where I was hitting at the 235 yard targets I was able to hold just slightly higher and nail them.

The way they scored it seemed kind of wierd to me. Total time doesn't matter. It is your rank in each stage that is what determines the winner. I ranked 51st on the first stage(I nailed a no shoot target right between the eyes), 7th on second stage, 40th on 3rd stage(easy targets, I just couldn't hit them for some reason), and 5th on the fourth stage. I whipped through the handgun on fourth stage fast. I couldn't believe the targets were going down. I figured the handgun stage is what would screw me up. It was the "easy" stages that got me.

If you guys haven't done it before you really need to give it a shot. It took me 2 hours to get there from Olympia, just so you have an idea of how long it will take you to get there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
 Cool, Looks like you doing over watch for some bass fishermen!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
So how do they figure the stage rankings without using time as a factor?  Highest score only?  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Where exactly is this place at again? I'm right acrossed the river from Portland

Something I would like to look into...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where exactly is this place at again? I'm right acrossed the river from Portland

Tri county gun club.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So how do they figure the stage rankings without using time as a factor?  Highest score only?  

I kind of said it wrong. They rank everyone by their time for each stage. Then your rank for each stage is added together and they use that number to determine the overall winner. Time matters only to determine your rank for each stage.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tri county gun club.

Thanks!

I think I've been there..

Its only like 20 minutes from where I work..
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tri county gun club.

After getting there I realized I used to hold a state smallbore record shot at that range. It was either 398 or 399 out of 400 in prone. Don't know if it still stands though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top