Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 11:58:20 AM EDT
I know Pullman doesn't have one, but I make it up to Spokane and over to Seattle every now and then. Are there any in this state?

Vielen Dank
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:09:57 PM EDT
I guess that depends on what you mean by a "good deli". If you are looking for something along the lines of a New York deli or a good Los Angeles jewish deli, then NO I don't think you'll find one. You may get lucky in Spokane but it doesn't seem to exist in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:18:52 PM EDT
I haven't tried it yet but Goldbergs' Famous Delicatessen in Bellevue is owned by the same guy, Steve Goldberg, that operates the Stage & Co Delis in Detroit, and says that the smoked fish comes from the Bronx and the corned beef from Chicago.

I haven't seen any reviews since the summer time, shortly after they opened, and the reviews then were mixed, but most I saw cited the bad points as being from opening pains.

Maybe I should run by there Saturday after the WAC show.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:16:41 PM EDT
A few food places this area could use:

Wing joint

Philly Cheese Steak joint

Hot Dog Shop

Deli

Pizza is covered. You can get many styles at varying places just about anywhere in the country. There are no good wings in WA/OR, and probably not anywhere west of the Mississippi. If you think Hooters or some of the other places around here that do have hot wings are good then you have never been to the east coast/midwest. For a Philly, there are some variations around here that I do like, but they just aren't really a Philly. I have not seen one place that sells Coney Dogs. I won't mention Gyros because I'm told there are some places around here. I haven't tried them yet, but it would be hard to mess up a heat lamp roast and cucumber juice.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:25:30 PM EDT
Does Subway count?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:29:56 PM EDT
What are you looking for, NY style deli sandwhiches?

there's Cassano's on E Sprague, about the 600 block I think, good italian deli, good gourmet selection of meat/cheese/canned goods. 1st place I went when returning home form the sandbox.

there's supposedly two deli's in downtown Spokane, one was called the "NY" or Manhattan" deli (Something like that)-

Now for Sammiches- the "High Nooner", and Sparky's Subs are both good eats.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:42:25 PM EDT
Growing up (?) in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, we had Mike's Subs. They were the standard by which subs were measured on the Jersey Shore. Throughout the late 80's and into the 90's, Mike's Subs started to expand throughout Ocean and Monmouth Counties. Since I left NJ in 1995, they started to expand throughout the rest of the state and beyond. At this point, they became "Jersey Mike's"

There are several Jersey Mikes locations in King / Snohomish County.

Washington Jersey Mike's Locations

Also coming soon to Bonney Lake, Covington & Mukilteo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:53:32 PM EDT
Thanks for the top JS,

I'll try one tonight. Cheese steak sounds good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:15:32 PM EDT
There is MSN Deli on 6th Ave and S Trafton St in Tacoma. They have the best sandwiches around! Someone from Tacoma chime in and let others know what they are missing.

BTW- Be cure to get their bread (french roll), its made fresh daily for them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:43:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 12:43:33 AM EDT by 9Millie]
There's one almost to the end of Pearl St., in Ruston / Tacoma. Can't remember the name of it tho.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:15:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 9Millie:
There's one almost to the end of Pearl St., in Ruston / Tacoma. Can't remember the name of it tho.

Thats the Antique Sandwich Shop
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:30:05 PM EDT
Ok, in Spokane there's this one on 152 S Sherman, the "Something Else" deli. It was pretty good, I'd recommend it. Very yummy.
Top Top