Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 12:44:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
When you say no insurance are you talking about your Brother's and the other guy's auto insurance or you?  I would think that if either had full coverage that they would have medical coverage.  

The eight negative accounts are they all medical related?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When you say no insurance are you talking about your Brother's and the other guy's auto insurance or you?  I would think that if either had full coverage that they would have medical coverage.  

The eight negative accounts are they all medical related?

No medical insurance.  Both drivers of the accident had Auto Insurance, but the other guys  insurance company is fighting the claim.  
Because he did not have personal medical insurance, nothing is getting paid, therefore showing up negatively on his credit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
F them!

After all is said and done, can the credit be repaired?

eta - If it is repaired, I think you will still have a problem with your credit history.  Everytime you want credit, you will have to explain everything.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
start your paper work bro i see a long future of getting them taken off. Fraud ones are bitch to take off so i assume these will be too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, Scrun, That sucks. I hope you're feeling better and are able to get your credit straightened out after the settlement. I freikin loathe insurance companies. What a racket.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Farmers is fighting because they don't want to settle the claim @ $45K in medical + the standard pain and suffering compensation.

Explain.  In my experience there is no such thing as "standard" pain and suffering compensation.  IM me if you want.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought you had already gotten your settlement on that
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn dude that sucks! My mom went through something similar and I hope yours goes better because it took her several years to get it all settled out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Man....I hope your lawyer adds the cost of your eroding credit score to the "pain and suffering".  That shit could take a psychological toll and could lead to a whole other claim for couseling and other emotional wellness treatment.  If these bills have not been paid by the insured then any damage to your credit reputation should be considered as damages to you and thus you should be compensated to be made whole again.  Fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm fighting Overlake for a medical bill from a roll-over accident I was invovled in 2 years ago.

My credit is waning because of my medical bill(s) too.

Good luck Scrun.  

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Farmers is fighting because they don't want to settle the claim @ $45K in medical + the standard pain and suffering compensation.

Explain.  In my experience there is no such thing as "standard" pain and suffering compensation.  IM me if you want.

The "industry standard" when a lawyer becomes involved is 4x medical bills. Or $180,000, now the lawyer gets 30% percent.

They used to say it was 3X specials.  It's a farce.  Attorney involvement does not add value to your claim.  They just usually know better how to argue your case for you.  Most people on their own do not have the patience for the negotiation process.  In your case $180K might be about right, I don't know.  But the attorney being involved does not increase the value.  

Good luck.  Patience and persistence is the key.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
What a HASSLE.
Sorry you're having to put up with this, but hoping it works out justly for you.

I'd start thinking of getting something equivalent or better than an F-350 to ride in or drive...
All the best to you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I know when i was looking into a new car I was told medical claims on your credit report were ignored.  Im not sure why you looked at yours but i would imagine it is pretty much standard.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I know when i was looking into a new car I was told medical claims on your credit report were ignored.  Im not sure why you looked at yours but i would imagine it is pretty much standard.

Bigscrun knows all about automobile financing. I don't but will guess that the person who told you that just meant that they will still get you financing with that derogatory stuff even if you have to pay 40% interest.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top