Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:35:57 PM EDT
I have known there was a Mountain Lion in the area lately. But oldest Daughter just came up to see her mother and on the way in almost ran into the Mountain Kitty. It did not run like most I have seen just walked away. Now this is strange most Mountain Lions will run. this one didn't. I guess it is used to people and that is scary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:23:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:38:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rodymartin:
I have known there was a Mountain Lion in the area lately. But oldest Daughter just came up to see her mother and on the way in almost ran into the Mountain Kitty. It did not run like most I have seen just walked away. Now this is strange most Mountain Lions will run. this one didn't. I guess it is used to people and that is scary.

There is a very large sand & gravel bar in the skykomish river across from the town of Gold bar, a momma mountain lion was sunning herself on the beach as the two cubs played in the woods, fisherman, kayaker's, and fa,ilies playing on the beach all saw the mountain lions and the cats did not run away but just ignored all the people activity, after a while they did wander back into the woods.

Seems that some generations have no fear of man.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:41:53 AM EDT
As long as they don't look at us as a food source I don't care if they don't run away. As people become more urban we are pushing them out of their habbitat. I personally wouldn't want to shoot one unless it was stalking me. They're beautifull animals. Now If I see a Grizzly bear in the woods I'll shoot that SOB on sight!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:05:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:41:45 AM EDT
sorry to break it to ya but mountain lions DO see us a a FOOD source, and if one is stalking you, you will be very lucky to see it before it is attacking. Shoot on sight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:58:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:58:08 AM EDT
My thought also, I'd shoot a mountain lion on sight, the bear if it were in season.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:53:09 AM EDT
Cat's die around my place.

I would also just love to see RedDawg6 shoot a Grizzly. ...[Will Geer] See you in prison pilgrim!.[/Will Geer]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:17:04 PM EDT
SSS thats all, and save the backstraps for me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 10:22:02 AM EDT by RedDawg6]
Let me rephrase what I said or meant to say in order to clarify myself. I think cougars are cool but I would leave them the fuck alone. They're beautiful animals but if it is not stalking me (actively looking at me as a food source) I would have a tendancy to not shoot the damn thing and just let it be. Whether it is a cat or a bear if the damn thing is stalking me I have a Glock 20 (10mm) with double tap ammo that will blow a big fucking hole in anything it hits. With that being said I would probably rather shoot a cougar than a grizzly if I had a choice. Although the 10mm is a good round I think it would take a few hits to take out a grizzly. I think one well placed shot would take out a cat without a problem. I hope to God I'm never in that situation or ever close enough to one to have to test the theory. 'Nuff Said' Rant Over!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:25:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RedDawg6:
Let me rephrase what I said or meant to say in order to clarify myself. I think cougars are cool but I would leave them the fuck alone. They're beautiful animals but if it is not stalking me (actively looking at me as a food source) I would have a tendancy to not shoot the damn thing and just let it be. Whether it is a cat or a bear if the damn thing is stalking me I have a Glock 20 (10mm) with double tap ammo that will blow a big fucking hole in anything it hits. With that being said I would probably rather shoot a cougar than a grizzly if I had a choice. Although the 10mm is a good round I think it would take a few more to take out a grizzly and I hope to God I'm never in that situation or ever close enough to one to have to test the theory. 'Nuff Said' Rant Over!

Im not sure you are getting the point...

We are razzing you because a Grizzly is on the Endangered list, and you will goto prison if you get caught shooting one.

Also, I dont think Im man enough to go after any bear with only a 10mm. handgun.

Now Rant Over!.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:53:44 AM EDT
Let me tell you a tale. Griz in the Skagit I have not heard of below Ross damm area. I knew the man that took the last legal Grizz in the north cascades. Couger now is more fun my uncle used to hunt them with dogs when there was a bounty on them. All he carried was a 22 Colt Woodsman. He made good money in the early 1900's taking ears.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:26:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:
[

Im not sure you are getting the point...

We are razzing you because a Grizzly is on the Endangered list, and you will goto prison if you get caught shooting one.

Also, I dont think Im man enough to go after any bear with only a 10mm. handgun.

Now Rant Over!.

If a Grizz is after my ass a prison sentence for shooting the fucking thing would be the last thing on my mind. Don't ask don't tell! I'd bury it deep if I survived the encounter. I think a 10mm would work but I wouldn't want to test the theory. I gotta go with what I got! A .45 would be next to worthless and a 9mm would just piss him off. A .44 mag would do it but you're limited to 6 rounds if you don't keep one empty hole and then you're limited to 5 rounds. Screw that noise, I'll take my chanced with my G20 and a full 15 round mag. I've also heard that if you are going to shoot a grizzly with a handgun that it is imperitive that you file down the front sight so it is flat with the top of the barrel. That way it won't hurt so bad when the bear shoves the gun up your ass!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 5:55:27 PM EDT by migradog]

As long as they don't look at us as a food source I don't care if they don't run away. As people become more urban we are pushing them out of their habbitat. I personally wouldn't want to shoot one unless it was stalking me. They're beautifull animals. Now If I see a Grizzly bear in the woods I'll shoot that SOB on sight!

When I lived in San Diego, an English Teacher was eaten by a Mountian Lion at Cuyamaca State Park.
There were also several attacks in Orange Co.
We are below Mountain Lions in the food chain.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:00:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:36:59 PM EDT
Well the title was big kitty!!!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:12:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:24:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:04:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:37:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By migradog:

When I lived in San Diego, an English Teacher was eaten by a Mountian Lion at Cuyamaca State Park.
There were also several attacks in Orange Co.
We are below Mountain Lions in the food chain.

It's OK for mountain lions to eat Kalifornyans. Especially liberal school teachers!
I know some one will flame me for saying that but I really don't give a shit!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:41:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 5:11:56 AM EDT by Clarkma]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:25:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:37:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stokes:
i hope to take one of these this June in Namibia.
www.lioncrusher.com/images/Leopard_01.jpg

Now, that is a CAT!

Stokes,
...can you give us an idea on the cost of just shooting the cat?

( I'm sure the whole trip will cost a bit more than a weekend in Vegas... )
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:16:11 AM EDT

Stokes,
...can you give us an idea on the cost of just shooting the cat?

( I'm sure the whole trip will cost a bit more than a weekend in Vegas... )

Not with my better half on the Slots.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:08:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:10:47 PM EDT
Sizzlin' Swahili -- That's an intelligent-looking hyena!
Top Top