Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:58:16 AM EDT
In the past I have always been able to put my safe inside the house somehow or another, the new safe i am looking at purchasing will only fit in the garage. How many people keep a safe in the garage, and what do you do about temprature differences and moisture. Golden rod, dri-z-air etc...

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Mines in the garage, and I use a golden rod.  2 years and no problems yet.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Golden rod heater and never had a rust problem even though the guns are cold to the touch when I take them out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is in the garage also. I use an eliminator plus instead of the golden rod. My guns are also cold to the touch. I've seen no problems. I use a VCI rod in the gun cabinet inside the house.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
2 Years.
Cold.
Goldenrod.
No rust.

Ditto.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
6 years, goldenrod, no problems.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know that I would really consider a safe in the garage, just from the security standpoint. It's usually easier to access a garage than the interior of the house.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know that I would really consider a safe in the garage, just from the security standpoint. It's usually easier to access a garage than the interior of the house.

You have not seen my garage, you are taking your life in your hands just entering and lucky if you escape the avalanche of debri alive and it gets worse from there
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You have not seen my garage, you are taking your life in your hands just entering and lucky if you escape the avalanche of debri alive and it gets worse from there

Yes...

You really should clean that pigpen up...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...

You really should clean that pigpen up...

it is much better now as it only has two disassembled tractors in it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For some reason that barn from Twister comes to mind.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

For some reason that barn from Twister comes to mind.  

You are not that far off at all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top