Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
prick this morning. My flake neighbors are fleeing back to California and the nice moving people decided to park across my driveway. When I told them to move their truck they responded they move it right away if we needed to get out. Wife left to run some errands and I insisted they not park in front of my driveway. The nice driver made the excuse that it wouldn't be convenient for them to park on up the hill as they have to carry stuff further. When I told them I didn't care and would call the telemarket people if they left it there the nice driver told me I was an inconsiderate prick! He did move the truck but is blocking the mailbox so now my neighbors and I won't get any mail today.

Nice attitude for a service oriented business.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:28:44 AM EDT
Lightweight, only counts if they call the telemarket center on you as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 12:21:45 PM EDT by AssaultPossum]

Originally Posted By XD_Fan:
My flake neighbors are fleeing back to California and....

youre making it harder for them to leave. The driver was right...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:22:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 12:23:24 PM EDT by R-32]
I think you are missing the best part here...

My flake neighbors are fleeing back to California

We should all be happy to see them leaving.

nevermind, beat by assaultpossum
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:57:34 PM EDT

They picked these folks to move them back to Caly. Some how I don't see this going so well for them. This was probably the wife's doing. She has become a bit unhinged here of late. She told my wife the other day all this rain makes her want to kill herself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:17:30 PM EDT
Thats what you get for living in suburbia.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:00:09 PM EDT
Did you mention that blocking your driveway was far more inconsiderate?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

That and called the company with backwards khaki cap driver standing there. Only time a cell phone has ever really been useful for something in all the years I've been carrying one. The look on the drivers face when I held out my phone and said, "Your boss would like to talk to you." was priceless.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:39:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

That and called the company with backwards khaki cap driver standing there. Only time a cell phone has ever really been useful for something in all the years I've been carrying one. The look on the drivers face when I held out my phone and said, "Your boss would like to talk to you." was priceless.

Ya done good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:53:35 PM EDT

[

I have done the same thing, and they don't like getting to talk to their boss on your phone. The last time I did that, after they got off my phone, his phone rang, and guess who it was.

Being called a inconsiderate prick, that is something to be worn like a badge of honor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:58:51 PM EDT
Classy, real classy.

Screw the rest of the world!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:15:39 PM EDT
it's for situations like this that I carry an IWB cellphone holster and two spare batteries in molded Kydex.

I have lawyers, hitmen, politicians and pizza delivery on speed-dial.

seriously, what ever happened to common courtesy?

I'm gonna send a set of XS Big Dot sights to XD Fan for his phone...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:58:26 PM EDT

called the company with backwards khaki cap driver standing there. Only time a cell phone has ever really been useful for something in all the years I've been carrying one. The look on the drivers face when I held out my phone and said, "Your boss would like to talk to you." was priceless.

Something like this happened to me when I was a truck driver.

I backed over a mailbox. The mailbox owner came out screaming that would cost me $100 to replace it. I handed the guy a $50 and 3 $20's and told him to keep the change, but I'd need a receipt, and I was not joking. He got really red and irate, and said "I want the phone number to talk to your fucking boss!" I told him I would write it down for him when he gave me a receipt.

He gave me a receipt, and I gave him the number. He stood there in front of my truck so I couldn't leave while he screamed in my bosses ear for about 5 minutes, then he comes over, hands me the cell phone, and says "you're boss wants to talk to you" really snotty.

My boss asks if I gave him money for the mail box, and if I got a reciept (in trucking, if you don't get a reciept, it didn't happen). When I said yes and yes, my boss says "OK, here's what I want you to do: Throw the guy's cell phone on the ground, and run it over with the truck tire if you can, and tell him we will pay for his phone for when you accidentally dropped his phone and ran it over."

When the police caught up with me, they couldn't stop laughing after I told them the whole story. They told the guy it was a civil matter, and left. It was a good day to be a truck driver, and to have as good a fleet manager as I had.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:16:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YOPD:

called the company with backwards khaki cap driver standing there. Only time a cell phone has ever really been useful for something in all the years I've been carrying one. The look on the drivers face when I held out my phone and said, "Your boss would like to talk to you." was priceless.

Something like this happened to me when I was a truck driver.

I backed over a mailbox. The mailbox owner came out screaming that would cost me $100 to replace it. I handed the guy a $50 and 3 $20's and told him to keep the change, but I'd need a receipt, and I was not joking. He got really red and irate, and said "I want the phone number to talk to your fucking boss!" I told him I would write it down for him when he gave me a receipt.

He gave me a receipt, and I gave him the number. He stood there in front of my truck so I couldn't leave while he screamed in my bosses ear for about 5 minutes, then he comes over, hands me the cell phone, and says "you're boss wants to talk to you" really snotty.

My boss asks if I gave him money for the mail box, and if I got a reciept (in trucking, if you don't get a reciept, it didn't happen). When I said yes and yes, my boss says "OK, here's what I want you to do: Throw the guy's cell phone on the ground, and run it over with the truck tire if you can, and tell him we will pay for his phone for when you accidentally dropped his phone and ran it over."

When the police caught up with me, they couldn't stop laughing after I told them the whole story. They told the guy it was a civil matter, and left. It was a good day to be a truck driver, and to have as good a fleet manager as I had.

awesome story.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:09:54 PM EDT

She told my wife the other day all this rain makes her want to kill herself.

That was your clue to go get a dozen sprinklers and set them up on your roof pointing in their direction. Then sell her a Ginsu knife.

Originally Posted By YOPD:]

Something like this happened to me when I was a truck driver......

Good bosses like that are hard to find.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:53:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YOPD:
When the police caught up with me,

How many times do you get to say that in your life?

Good job!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:04:42 PM EDT
As a lead worker I get called names every day...i'm really quite accustomed to it
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:08:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 8:08:40 PM EDT by AssaultPossum]

Originally Posted By CavVet:

That was your clue to go get a dozen sprinklers and set them up on your roof pointing in their direction. Then sell her a Ginsu knife.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:44:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 10:44:38 AM EDT by XD_Fan]

Originally Posted By CavVet:

Now I know why my wife says, "Your reading that CavVet guy's stuff again aren't you."

I waved bye-bye to them as they drove off this morning. Can't say I gonna' miss 'em.
Top Top