Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:28:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
For a minor injury a new shot is recommended if your last one was over 10 years ago.

For a complicated or contaminated wound (including puncture wounds) a new shot is recommended if your last shot was over 5 years ago.

That would have been a comlicated, contaminated and serious puncture wound.

I say clean it up and turn it a BBQ spit.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it cast like a nail? Is it just some kind of mini spud/pry bar?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to say it probably came from a RR trestle, I know you had lots of them down your way from years gone by, we have a very few still standing around here, most like yours are all but gone.

Great find, when I was dredging gold, sometimes I would get the old square nails in the sluice, some days the nails that showed up were worth more than the gold that I collected.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a pry bar we used to use to break up hard pan dirt/rocks and concrete.
As usual the knob on the end is to keep your hand from slipping off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
New guidlines on tetinus shots is every 7 years with no injury. If injury, 5 years. I've heard Tweak refer to those spikes as 'bullpricks'. Used to break up concrete and asphault.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top