Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 12:01:42 PM EDT
My friend is moving back to KY  She needs to move a one bedroom apartment the cheapest way possible, I looked at U-Haul and that's gonna end up costing her a pretty penny...Long story short she married a military man, he moved her across country almost a year ago (they were highschool sweethearts) and decided this week that he doesn't want to live with her anymore, he was having more fun with his single friends at Ft. Lewis.    So does anyone have any idea's other than U-Haul that we can check out for her?  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Is he going for the big D, or just dont want her around for now?..

Ladies,

Dont get hitched to Cop's,Firefighters, or Military guys under the age of 30...

It will not work out.

Now that my public service message is said,

maybe she should just sell off what she has and try to start over again new there...

Really sorry to hear this.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The big D is on the table now
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't need to be cheap, let her GI shithead husband pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

Men!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is he going for the big D, or just dont want her around for now?..

Ladies,

It will not work out.

17 years and going strong for us and I've been 2 out of the 3

Now that my public service message is said,

maybe she should just sell off what she HE has and try to start over again new there...

Really sorry to hear this.

Fixt it for you, with some commentary.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I just did the 'moving thing' w/ my family and agree that Uhaul isnt cheap. For those (many) thangs I didnt want the movers to detroy/steal/etc I dumped them into the back of my PU truck. How much stuff does she have to move? If its not much perhaps she could get a good used PU here and sell it on the other end. Just a thought...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I hear air freight is fairly reasonable but I've never used it. I think you have to have everything palleted and ready to go and have it picked up at the destination terminal.

I think it would be cheaper if she just moved down to Portland and found a roommate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
He is fucking retarded.
She needs to divorce his ass here in Washington, she'll end up with 3/4's of his paycheck, he'll have to make sure she has a place to live and a car to drive, plus she'll get commissary, exchange and medical for as long as he is in the military - IF she divorces him in Washington State.

It goes without saying that she needs to get a female lesbian man-hating liberal divorce judge....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Men! Boys!!

Fixt.

R-32 was almost right, his under 30 was correct, he just limited it to certain fields of interest.

KA3B is right, she can do much better filing here.

Then she can sell off what she doesnt want and car move with her personal belongings if she still wants to go back to Kentuck.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]
So the guy is a shithead because he realized he didn't like what he got into?  He gets labeled "fucking retarded" because he wants to divorce the friend of board member?  Since this just came up, I seriously doubt ANY of you know this guy, or the woman he is married to.  Maybe she makes life at home insufferable for him.  The guy very well could be a shithead, WE DON'T KNOW.  Nice of you all to jump to conclusions.

Also, there is no alimony in Washington, so she wouldn't get 3/4 of his paycheck.  He won't be required to provide a place to live nor a car for her either.  The marital assets might be divided unequally depending on various factors (her income, his income, etc.) but she won't be getting any sort of monthly alimony.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I've tried to tell her she has better opportunity here...but her family is in Kentucky.  I can't say that if Kooter and I ever split I wouldn't move back there as well.  It's scary being somewhere where you don't know anyone, having to be on your own.  She has a car that she is taking back with her, so buying a pickup is out of the question.  He is still getting the basic housing allowance at $1000 a month, she wants that money until they are divorced since he is now living on post.  I think she is entitled to that and more!  Her CC debt has double since she has married him, she has paid his student loans and got him out of debt in the last year.  She's only 20 and feels very alone right now
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So the guy is a shithead because he realized he didn't like what he got into?  He gets labeled "fucking retarded" because he wants to divorce the friend of board member?  Since this just came up, I seriously doubt ANY of you know this guy, or the woman he is married to.  Maybe she makes life at home insufferable for him.  The guy very well could be a shithead, WE DON'T KNOW.  Nice of you all to jump to conclusions.

Also, there is no alimony in Washington, so she wouldn't get 3/4 of his paycheck.  He won't be required to provide a place to live nor a car for her either.  The marital assets might be divided unequally depending on various factors (her income, his income, etc.) but she won't be getting any sort of monthly alimony.

I've known this guy for YEARS and yes he is a shithead!  I have never liked him, and was upset when she told me she was marrying him.  She doesn't want alimony, she want's enough money to get her back home and get her back on her feet.  I don't think that's asking to much.  She has made life for him at home better than he's ever had it, he just can't handle hearing all the stories from all of his single buddies, and wants to be part of that night scene...which is not really possible for him to do with a wife at home.  He IS a shithead!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Tell me how many military members that you know who were divorced by their spouses?
Tell me how many times you had to go to divorce proceedings as a military members supervisor and explain to the judge why their initial divorce settlement would not work.
Tell me how many times you have had to watch a military member end up owing money the day after payday because that person had to pay for their former spouses "lifestyle", including car payments, rent, alimoney, BILLS, plus make up for the loss of their former spouses access to free medical and dental care.

Let me know, ok.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ladies,

It will not work out.

+1 Good Advice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ladies,
It will not work out.

For the men in the military:
Don't marry your younger highschool sweetheart, because when you head on out to the bars and leave her behind at home she'll remember it when she turns 21 and hits the bars herself.

Your E2 pay can't compare to the 42 year old / just divorced / lives in a condo at the beach / drives a Porsche / has the best blow and dope / guy she just met at the bar.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
]
For the men in the military:
Don't marry your younger highschool sweetheart, because when you head on out to the bars and leave her behind at home she'll remember it when she turns 21 and hits the bars herself.

Your E2 pay can't compare to the 42 year old / just divorced / lives in a condo at the beach / drives a Porsche / has the best blow and dope / guy she just met at the bar.  

And there it is.....

+1

Been there done that, the only good part is that I was Lucky enough to have not been married.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladies,

It will not work out.

+1 Good Advice.

But they are so hot....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladies,

It will not work out.

+1 Good Advice.

But they are so hot....

Then Phil must be hung like a horse...

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladies,

It will not work out.

+1 Good Advice.

But they are so hot....

No attibute can replace a man that gives multiple orgasms out like candy.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladies,

It will not work out.

+1 Good Advice.

But they are so hot....

If he were so damn good, you would already be out here and putting out your 3rd kid by now...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladies,

It will not work out.

+1 Good Advice.

But they are so hot....

If he were so damn good, you would already be out here and putting out your 3rd kid by now...

Not if I can't support myself and have to rely on him for every morsel of money.  I'm not built that way.

And, no kids for me, without some sort of divine miracle happenning
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not if I can't support myself and have to rely on him for every morsel of money.  I'm not built that way.

You could support yourself out here, there are plenty of jobs...

My friend just got hired on as a 5th grade teacher this year, and she had a couple of offers from other districts also...

But My place is also going to bring on 6, and that starts out at a little over $19.00 hr and Im already getting $23.00 and some change, I have only been there for 6 years.

I think you would be fine, and hey...

You both would be much happier.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My friend just got hired on as a 5th grade teacher this year, and she had a couple of offers from other districts also...

But My place is also going to bring on 6, and that starts out at a little over $19.00 hr and Im already getting $23.00 and some change, I have only been there for 6 years.

I'm certified to be an art teacher, those jobs are a little fewer and further between.  
My certification is only good for NJ and the 33 other states in the "Interstate Reciprocal Agreement"  WA is not one of those.

What is "My Place"  what would I be doing to earn $$$?   I'm open to suggestions.

Phil and I thought that I might move there and get a job as a nanny until I had could get through whatever classes to get certified here.

It's not like I don't want to move there.  We are figuring things out.

ETA and there is the added guilt that my three and a half nephews are all here, I'm kinda attached to them, especially with me not being able to have chitlins of my own.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm certified to be an art teacher, those jobs are a little fewer and further between.  
My certification is only good for NJ and the 33 other states in the "Interstate Reciprocal Agreement"  WA is not one of those.

What is "My Place"  what would I be doing to earn $$$?   I'm open to suggestions.

Phil and I thought that I might move there and get a job as a nanny until I had could get through whatever classes to get certified here.

ETA and there is the added guilt that my three and a half nephews are all here, I'm kinda attached to them, especially with me not being able to have chitlins of my own.

sounds to me like it would be better for him to go your direction...

And here is how We tie this into the origional subject...

Maybe Mrs Kooters friend can share the cost of the move with Phil, even if he is going a little of the way...

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds to me like it would be better for him to go your direction...

And here is how We tie this into the origional subject...

Maybe Mrs Kooters friend can share the cost of the move with Phil, even if he is going a little of the way...

You know how much ammo he has?  He would fill up his "half " of the truck and the tires would immediately blow out from exceeding the weigh allowance
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You know how much ammo he has?  He would fill up his "half " of the truck and the tires would immediately blow out from exceeding the weigh allowance

Im sure there are five or nine of us that can help him with that situation.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

gunchyck, just tell him to bring it all over my place.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See, that makes two of us already.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
You can tell that R-32 really wants to get his hands on my ammo stockpile.

The cheapest way to move is to sell everything that you can't fit into either the car she has or the car and any trailer that it can safely pull.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me three, I'll help out Phil!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I only want what is best for you and Artsifartsichyck...

And I think that would involve you getting back to her as fast as possible.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Check this out

pods.com/

Not sure how the expense compares, but I don't think you can beat the convenience
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I knew this guy in Ky when we lived there. He is a loser. they had broken up for awhile, then got back together around the time we moved up here. I heard he was going into the .mil and that they were getting married. I figured that would turn him around. Then he moved up here and got settled before bringing her up here. When I saw him after a couple years(and him just getting out of basic) he had made a 100% turn around. He was actually tolerable to be around. Within 3 weeks of being on his own he was back to his old self. He is a 12 year old stuck in a 20 year old body. Trust me, he is a loser.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Dude, chill out, we're being supportive of MSKOOTER here. Heather couldn't possibly be wrong....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew this guy in Ky when we lived there. He is a loser. they had broken up for awhile, then got back together around the time we moved up here. I heard he was going into the .mil and that they were getting married. I figured that would turn him around. Then he moved up here and got settled before bringing her up here. When I saw him after a couple years(and him just getting out of basic) he had made a 100% turn around. He was actually tolerable to be around. Within 3 weeks of being on his own he was back to his old self. He is a 12 year old stuck in a 20 year old body. Trust me, he is a loser.

hopefully, no kids..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The cheapest way to move is to sell everything that you can't fit into either the car she has or the car and any trailer that it can safely pull.

I knew they would be on my ass about moving here (and not losing you) UNTIL I mentioned the ammo....   They are too easy
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Cheapest way to move back to KY?  Sell everything that won't fit in your car, mail back stuff that you absolutuely can't get rid of, check with Mapquest or some such to figure out how many miles the trip will be, divide by your car's MPG, and budget at least $2.50/gallon for gas, $20/day for food and drinks minimum, and hit the road on the last day you've paid rent for in your apartment/house.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Moving a long distance is all about priorotizing. I moved from Tx to WA in a 93 mitsubishi eclipse. With everything I NEEDED. Please note the emphasis. Things that you have collected over the years and might use some day have no place being moved from WA to KY. Tell your friend to take everything she has not used in the last 3 months and give it to goodwill or sell it on craigslist. Got a ronco macaroni bender that makes the neatest macaroni around? who fuckin cares. You need clothes and some makeup to restart a life. and then you can leave faster.

I forgot you need a gun and some ammo too
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

hopefully, no kids..

None, thank god. I couldn't imagine this guy with kids. HE barely takes care of himself. I had to mention several times to her that if he was going to come over to our house when she'd visit that he would have to bathe before they showed up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:14:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SHit.  I still need to get that app in!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:17:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me three, I'll help out Phil!!

#4 here.  I'd even drive to Seattle to pick it up!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#43]
pods

check it out
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Its not known as alimony in this state, its called spousal support.  I know someone who had to pay for a while.  His ex saw the divorce coming, cut back on her hours at work, so that when they filed, she was working only part-time, and he had to pay X amount of dollars in support.  If MsK's friend isn't working or only working part-time, good chance that he will have to give her something a month.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Its not known as alimony in this state, its called spousal support.  I know someone who had to pay for a while.  His ex saw the divorce coming, cut back on her hours at work, so that when they filed, she was working only part-time, and he had to pay X amount of dollars in support.  If MsK's friend isn't working or only working part-time, good chance that he will have to give her something a month.

I was going off the information from my father-in-law's lawyer (he just got through a nasty divorce.)  He did have to pay spousal support until the divorce was finalized, but nothing past that.  Again, if it is called "spousal support" then it makes sense, since the other person would no longer be the "spouse" after the divorce is finalized.

I believe WA also has a cooling off period of 6 months (maybe longer) before a divorce can be finalized.  I'm not 100% up on divorce law (don't have a need to know it currently)..........
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going off the information from my father-in-law's lawyer (he just got through a nasty divorce.)  He did have to pay spousal support until the divorce was finalized, but nothing past that.  Again, if it is called "spousal support" then it makes sense, since the other person would no longer be the "spouse" after the divorce is finalized.

I believe WA also has a cooling off period of 6 months (maybe longer) before a divorce can be finalized.  I'm not 100% up on divorce law (don't have a need to know it currently)..........

That would make sense.  I know all states are different.  I had a friend who's parents divorced in Alaska and he had to pay her spousal support until she remarried.  They didn't call it alimony there either.    Could be its different when children are involved too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top