Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:21:29 PM EDT
I happen to know a company thats putting on  10 drivers this year. Its a shit job, you have to put up with union wages and full benefits. CDL Class A and a piss test. They will teach you what you need for this job if you can drive the truck around the block safely.

IM me if you know someone.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone want a temp. driving job, there's tons of well-paying jobs down in New Orleans.
Google for details.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone looking for a job, where you get to tell cops where to go, and how to get there, Good pay, Anti-Union ( We have a Employee assoc) good health care, and plenty of chances to advance, but High Stress...

IM me for details.

I guess old George Bushes Economy is not so bad after all huh?..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
R-32
Team Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Post Number :: 10394

WA, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone looking for a job, where you get to tell cops where to go, and how to get there, Good pay,  

Its called the Guard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Should I turn Eddie onto this deal?

Double+ your current wage and benefit package was obviously nothing that truly interested him. Some peoples kids.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Where were you two years ago? I was in serious need of good union job then. Nowdays I am doing fine and have to put up with guaranteed 40 hours, Teamster benefits and good wages.
This company hired about dozen drivers last year and may hire few more this year too. Stop by and apply.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I happen to know a company thats putting on  10 drivers this year. Its a shit job, you have to put up with union wages and full benefits. CDL Class A and a piss test. They will teach you what you need for this job if you can drive the truck around the block safely.

IIRC, most of the peeps around here would rather work for half of union wages. At least they don't have to settle for full benefits, retirement etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
IIRC, most of the peeps around here would rather work for half of union wages. At least they don't have to settle for full benefits, retirement etc.

Thats more true than you know. There was a friend of a friend I sent up there. He put it off and put it off, when he finally did call me saying he was on his way up there, it was 1500 on a Tuesday afternoon.

AFAIK, still at his old job for half pay.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
IM sent,

Thanks for the heads up Cavster.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
IM sent,

Thanks for the heads up Cavster.

Back at ya!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
R-32
Team Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Post Number :: 10394

WA, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone looking for a job, where you get to tell cops where to go, and how to get there, Good pay,  

Its called the Guard.

Yeah right.

Ever see me?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How is the dispatch pay?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How is the dispatch pay?

It sucks. Everythign about that job sucks.

They pretty much are mangement without being mangement, and they actually get little respect from anyone. Mangement treats them like shit, they catch helll from most of the drivers, not a dispatching job to have.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Got anything on the dry side? I need a good local job soon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Heheh,

Shows ya acoustic design is an art. Artists get lil' respect. I want it yesterday, and I want to change it tommorow! Hang in Scrun.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#17]
This guy will probably be looking for a truck drivin' job!
Doubt he'd qualify for HH 101 certification, right Cav.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Its called the Guard.

Does it pay something in the neighborhood of GS-11, Step 2?  If so, sign me up!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I wont be vouching for his ass.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Doubt he'd qualify for HH 101 certification, right Cav.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Make that 11 drivers they need. The guy right above me got canned this morning.

Hot piss.

I guess we dont get anymore klan jokes.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Make that 11 drivers they need. The guy right above me got canned this morning.

Hot piss.

I guess we dont get anymore klan jokes.

Not to mention, you just got another step up the ladder, and up one more on the Vacation pick.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Not to mention, you just got another step up the ladder, and up one more on the Vacation pick.

Funny thing, the real senior guys have weird vacation picks. The dates I want (Thxgivin & Christmas) they never go for, I never turn in the annual request by the March deadline.

Now the ladder this is cool. He had me on the seniority master list by 6 days.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Now the ladder this is cool. He had me on the seniority master list by 6 days.

6 days is 6 days...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top