Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:59 AM EDT
So it is looking really bad up there again, Anybody want to think about putting a real cleaning party in action in the next month or so?....

Im thinking we will need about 8 people with rakes, and at least 4 people with good scoop shovels, and then some people with gloves and garbage bags.

If we could get at least 10 people to work for 2 hours that is 20 manhours. Then maybe we could talk STRAT into bringing his tonka truck, or we could all bring some empty 30 gal garbage cans and fill them up in a few trucks for a run to the dump?...

I have already talked to the Fire dept up there, and they dont have the key, I will try and get ahold of the Dep that works the area, and see if maybe he or the SAR guys know who has a key, but if not a wheel burrow should do the trick for now. I have Sunday Monday off for the time being, but if we do a early start on a sunday morning I think we could do just fine.

What say ye?.......

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
talked to 2 SCSO guys who work forest svc detail, they don't have a key or know the contact  person for the prop owners, did some searching and found the name of companies listed for the
property/tax, now just have to spend hours and hours getting the runaround trying to find a phone
# / contact person who has a key. Probably be quicker if  i just let you contacted SAR or Helo team and see if they have any keys.

I'm down for a morning cleanup before work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Probably be quicker if  i just let you contacted SAR or Helo team and see if they have any keys.

Yup, I was going to talk to Frank, but if you already got to him, maybe I will talk to Danny, Somebody is running around in there, becaue the yellow baracades have been moved around, and one is missing.

I'm down for a morning cleanup before work.

You know you will not be left out. W really need to get this done, We all saw the guy walking back along the trail when we were shooting, and I went up there 2 days later and the area we cleaned was all messed up, and there was a group of backpackers heading up...Im thinking that we need to get ahead of this and clean it up before our pal's at Friends of the trail get this place closed down also...This is their M.O., Yell that the place is a pit, and they are the ones cleaning it up, and then cry that the shooters are putting them in danger when they hike in the area.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Just set the date.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You guys don't like skanky girlfriends?

I like how you bolded girlfriends so that I couldn't feel "personally" offended.  But you still get one of these for being an insensitive creep!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys don't like skanky girlfriends?

I like how you bolded girlfriends so that I couldn't feel "personally" offended.  But you still get one of these for being an insensitive creep!

girlfriend is just a code word. You better watch your lips before you catch one is not.

Yes dear, anything you say dear.....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup.  Pretty unfortunate how people are trashing the place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's roll.....

ETA: R-32 did you go shooting without me again?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Have rake & will travel provided I am freed up for the time slot chosen for the clean-up. Saturday mornings I am 100% a no show. I should be able to work in a Sunday morning.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
If we are allowed to drive in there and are simply inconvienced by a lock. I do happen to have a set of hairpins..............ah the vagaries of a misspent youth
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yup.  Pretty unfortunate how people are trashing the place.

Shotgunners ---

Pick a weekend day and I'll be there.

WE NEED TO POST SIGNS & GUARDS.
Fair warning to anyone who plans to shoot on that date.

WE NEED TO SHOW UP EARLY.
If we're done early --- let's set up a line and start making a new mess.

ANY WIMMENFOLK WISH TO JOIN IN?
Or, perhaps we could be traditional and the MEN could do the clean-up and the WOMEN could be there for 'moral support'; as in coffee and backrubs...?

It should be fun and rewarding however we do it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Count me in if it is a Saturday or Monday. If anyone finds a blue pouch with prescription suglasses up there save them and contact R32, DaBunny, SixGuns or Me-EOP Thanks. Yes, we went shooting without you Bunny. Soorrrry.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll keep an eye out and come help... place looked a lot better last time with just a few of us raking it up!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Count me in if it is a Saturday or Monday. If anyone finds a blue pouch with prescription suglasses up there save them and contact R32, DaBunny, SixGuns or Me-EOP Thanks. Yes, we went shooting without you Bunny. Soorrrry.

Hey bro, glad to see that you have made it...

Welcome to Disfunction junction.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

WOMEN could be there for 'moral support'; as in coffee and frontrubs...?

It should be fun and rewarding

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#17]
when?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
when?

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#19]
You mean that big-assed fire we had last weekend didn't get rid of the garbage?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You mean that big-assed fire we had last weekend didn't get rid of the garbage?

It got rid of that garbage...

I went back with EOP two days later, and the place was trashed even worse...

How about the 26th, or the 5th of march?...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Probably need both...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably need both...

I did not want to have to say that, but I think you are right...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You Bastards!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#25]
yeah..the place is a mess.....I'll be in for a clean up crew....depending on date......I found out today that my AR really dislikes wolf ammo..  guess I'll stick Win White box....btw...a bit of cosmo in the bolt of my Yugo AK was the source [I hope] of the light  primer strikes I was getting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought it actually looked a tad better today than the last time I was there a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#27]
26th or 5th, I'll check my calender  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top