Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:50:25 PM EDT
What was the drill to get it? I understand you have to show up in person, get fingerprinted and show proof of training. Its the last part thats inexact as the training req varies from county to county. What county did you go to and what did they want to see in the way of training?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You do know that ID honors a WA CPL right?

Office of the Attorney General
   for the Idaho State Police

E.D.Strickfaden, Director

December 23, 2002

Gary Slider
   HC 61, Box 24
   Any Town WV 26123

Re: Clarification of Idaho Code § 18-3302

Dear Mr. Slider:

This letter is in response to your recent inquiry regarding your West Virginia license to carry a concealed weapon and whether it is valid in the state of Idaho. Idaho recognizes all states concealed weapons permits, therefore you are permitted to use your West Virginia permit to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Idaho. However, Idaho Code § 3302(12)(g) states that your permit must be carried on your person at all times.

Any person who has a valid permit from a state or local law enforcement agency or court authorizing him to carry a concealed weapon. A permit issued in another state will only be considered valid if the permit is in the licensee's physical possession.

If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signed By Margaret P. White

MARGARET P. WHITE
   Deputy Attorney General
   (208) 884-7050

MPW:sp

c: Kriss Bivens, Attorney General’s Office

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt...I was at packing.org and the map doesnt show it that way. I failed to see the recognized list though. Its sort of odd as it looks like three classes of 'recognition': reciprocity, honored and recognized. Im not sure what to make of that. Anyway, thanx for the infos.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell I live in ID now and still carry on my WA CPL as its still valid. I have an in-law in Moscow that went to get his ID CPL and was told by  the PD he could either jump all the hoops, or cross the line to Pullman and get a CPL there. He went to Pullman and obtained a WA CPL with his ID address on it.  ID seems to be pretty easy going as to CPLs, but my personal experience with  non-local cops who've moved to ID, are extremely uptight about concealed carry.  But thats just about anywhere anymore, although I have yet to read of a case where the cops shoot first and ask questions later in ID, unlike NY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top