Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:56:55 PM EDT
For today's update I'd like to start with some modern art, I call it "Hold the camera still stupid" or "Photography while you should be driving"

Next I'd like to thank whoever sent the "overcast".  Mass panic in the streets of LA as "El Sol" disappeared.

So, after my class, I decided to check out the "nearest" Harley Shop, in Venice Beach.

Here I am with my spiffy new shades, I tried to find something normal, but all I could find were the "Please hammer don't hurt 'em" Flavor.

Here I am in my natural state "closing eyes for fear of the sun god"

WHEW! finally made it.  Cool shop, lots of bikes.  Apparently, they started as a chopper shop, and moved into doing sales for Harley as  well, lot of stock and modded bikes.  No pictures sorry.

Time for some dinner, had a double double and the in-n-out burger.  I'm bringing the wrapper back for those of you who want to smell it.

Time to go home, traffic was nice

More traffic

Found the one guy that voted for Bush in California

Ahhh, finally home with 12 of my best friends. an after dinner pic for you folks

One last thing, a question for Odt.  Why do they do this?  I had it the way I wanted it when I left this morning.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One last thing, a question for Odt.  Why do they do this?  I had it the way I wanted it when I left this morning.

So you know we were there, so you know it's fresh, so you know it's sanitary...

Not buying it? Me neither...

'Cause their boss told them to... no other reason. Midsacle thru upperscale hotel-must-do. (it was that way when I showed up too)

It's not like I need the point for those "hard to reach places".  Been doing this for almost 30 years, I think I got it down.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wait'll you find out what they did with your toothbrush.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Do NOT forget your camera in teh room. You do not want to see what they do with your tooth brush when you are out. Its better to just not know.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
BLAST!

You suck JAFO!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
A few years ago Bartels Harley was big into racing, the VR1000 for roadracing, the XR750 for Flat Track and the 883 for the old AMA 883 series.

They were hooked up with Jerry Branch and some back door support from Bill Werner.

They build a bad-assed Harley street flat track bike, the XLR 1200 Bartels'.

Screw that Hardley-Ableson shit, head on out to Pro Italia in Glendale.
Ducati, MV Augusta and NCR Motorcycles
www.proitalia.com/

Pro Italia Los Angeles
3319 North Verdugo Rd.
Glendale California 91208
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
That traffic looks just like Tacoma, you musta felt right at home.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny lookin' trees they got there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That traffic looks just like Tacoma, you musta felt right at home.

Those pics are from surface streets which are never like that in Tacoma
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

At Recruit Training Command Great Lakes (a.k.a. Navy Boot Camp), toilet paper was to "be dressed at twelve o' clock", meaning that the clean-cut edge of the roll of ass-wipe was to be resting at the zenith of the roll.  Why?  Because they said so.  I'm sure there's a similiar instruction at your hotel, albeit in Spanish.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
At least they put your TP in the "over" position. WTF posesses people to put the roll backwards in the "under" position? Whenever I go somewhere that has backwards TP, I feel obliged to turn it around.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
At Recruit Training Command Great Lakes (a.k.a. Navy Boot Camp), toilet paper was to "be dressed at twelve o' clock", meaning that the clean-cut edge of the roll of ass-wipe was to be resting at the zenith of the roll.  Why?  Because they said so.  I'm sure there's a similiar instruction at your hotel, albeit in Spanish.

Oh, yeah....Mexican Maid Boot camp...I'd Love to see that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]
So how many near-fatal driving experiences have you had now?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Now you know to avoid Lincoln Blvd during rush hour

and around Burbank and Glendale you will see alot more Bush sticker's.. Having them on in LA is asking for your car to be screwed with hence why you don't see many there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
At least they put your TP in the "over" position. WTF posesses people to put the roll backwards in the "under" position? Whenever I go somewhere that has backwards TP, I feel obliged to turn it around.

Don't know why businesses do it, but for personal households it is a trick to keep cats and kids from unrolling an entire roll of toilet paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top