Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
At the convenience store yesterday to buy some smokes.

ME: "Two packs of Camel Lights please"

MINWAGE: "We only haf 'em in soft packs"

ME: "Ok, fine, just one pack then"

MINWAGE: "Can I see your ID?"

ME: "Sure" I hold out my wallet showing my ID she looks at it and turns a grabs a notepad.  I put my wallet back in my pocket

MINWAGE:  "Hode on, I need to write down your Drivers license number"

ME: "I'm sorry, you need to do what?"

MINWAGE: "I need to write down your Drivers License number"

ME: "I'm not going to let you write down my Drivers License number"

MINWAGE: "Well I can't sell you these cigarettes" With an air of royalty she snatches the smokes off the counter and puts them away

ME: "My driver's license number is none of YOUR business"

MINWAGE:  "Well, we got busted by tha po-leese too many times and this is what we do now.  You gonna haf to buy your smokes somewhere else den"

ME: "Too Easy" I leave.  Guy down the street didn't even ask for my ID let alone write it down.

Now, Sure, perhaps my tinfoil is on a bit too tight.  There isn't much they can do with a DL # but I figured it was not something I wanted MINWAGE sitting there with, er WIF.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Smart move.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you should be listening to STRAT instead of mocking him...

Wont be long, you too  will be throwing out quotes, and wearing Gortex MOPP gear.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I never have to give out my DL when I buy smokes...........

Yeah but, you don't smoke.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Too paranoid,

She would have accepted your CC # instead if the DL makes you uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Me:  "Well, then, I'll need YOU to write YOUR Driver's License Number for ME because I'm keeping track of who has MY number..."

Them:

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Screw them!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir, are a racist.

I certainly hope you are not serious.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#13]
when i show my .mil identification i get store clerks on trips that tell me that they can't sell me anything without my drivers license...

i always take it to the next level and ask for a manager.

once, the manager acted like a dick... i simply told them i understood their policy is their policy.

they acted like i was gonna pop a cork, i simply told them i would go ahead and put everything back.

then the manager looked around conspiratorily and told me they would sell it to me anyway.

i told them i wouldn't want them to get in trouble, and that i wouldn't visit their establishment again.

then i put everything back.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir, are a racist.

Yeah, I hate it when people type with an accent...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]
On the checking id thing for a CC. I do sometimes ask for id when I recieve a CC at the breeze. This is for one of 2 reasons. #1 you did not sign the back of your card and it quite plainly states "NOT VALID WITHOUT SIGNATURE" look close. it is there. #2 if the person has put See ID or C.I.D. or some other nonsensical thing on the back. Why do I do this? Because if the user of the card calls up and says that their kid used the card and it was not signed by them then we get a charge back. It happens all the fucking time.

So when we ask for your ID please pull the stick out of your ass. It is not that we dont trust you. We cannot afford to trust anyone.  

P.S. we dont give a good goddamn what your address is and we wont remember when you walk away from our place of business. We just want to keep YOUR money safe by making sure that it is YOU that is using it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That was a nice thing to do.  I would have left it right there and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine for wasting my time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
On the checking id thing for a CC. I do sometimes ask for id when I recieve a CC at the breeze. This is for one of 2 reasons. #1 you did not sign the back of your card and it quite plainly states "NOT VALID WITHOUT SIGNATURE" look close. it is there. #2 if the person has put See ID or C.I.D. or some other nonsensical thing on the back. Why do I do this? Because if the user of the card calls up and says that their kid used the card and it was not signed by them then we get a charge back. It happens all the fucking time.

So when we ask for your ID please pull the stick out of your ass. It is not that we dont trust you. We cannot afford to trust anyone.  

P.S. we dont give a good goddamn what your address is and we wont remember when you walk away from our place of business. We just want to keep YOUR money safe by making sure that it is YOU that is using it.

Working in the food industry as long as I did, I would have to agree 100%!  If you paid by cash or debit card, I could care less.  But the minute you want me to swipe a CC or acept a check from you...You better be prepared to show me your ID.  I could care less what you weigh, or how old you are....Just wanna make sure the names match up!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
<SNIP>

Just what is the policy about alcoholic beverages in the swimming pool?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
when i show my .mil identification i get store clerks on trips that tell me that they can't sell me anything without my drivers license...

i always take it to the next level and ask for a manager.

once, the manager acted like a dick... i simply told them i understood their policy is their policy.

they acted like i was gonna pop a cork, i simply told them i would go ahead and put everything back.

then the manager looked around conspiratorily and told me they would sell it to me anyway.

i told them i wouldn't want them to get in trouble, and that i wouldn't visit their establishment again.

You're nicer than me.  When that's happened, I just say ok and walk out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This is very different from WRITING DOWN MY DAMNED DL # to Buy smokes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is very different from WRITING DOWN MY DAMNED DL # to Buy smokes.

Hey yo, we got busted by the popo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top