Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:49:07 PM EDT
Folks, where can I get MOLLE clips in north Seattle? Went to a couple surplus stores but they did not have them. Don't want to drive all the way down to TT or QA just to get them.
Suggestions, please?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:55:38 AM EDT
just take a drive down to Tacoma, to Tactical Tailor and get the clips where they're made. while you're down there, stop by Q-Arms too... good times.

bring a new credit card or a heavy wallet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:29:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tweeter:
just take a drive down to Tacoma, to Tactical Tailor and get the clips where they're made. while you're down there, stop by Q-Arms too... good times.

Er...+1. It's worth the trip with TT putting stuff on sale weekly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:34:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Matt45:

Er...+1. It's worth the trip with TT putting stuff on sale weekly.

Yep... the stores are very nice. I bought a Camelback Motherlode in QA when they opened (and got the nice discount!). However, it took me almost half-day to drive down there and come back because traffic was a nightmare. Looks like the zoo in on the way and they let the animals go out on the road....

Anyways... rather than going there again I would order by mail. However, if there was any store carrying this stuff here in the (forgotten) north side I'd rather going there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:33:26 PM EDT
Now wait a minute-- MOLLE clips?? None of the MOLLE gear I've seen uses clips-- unless you are referring to the SPEARS/MALICE clips, which were designed to connect ALICE stuff to MOLLE-- I'm confused as to what it is you want.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:10:26 PM EDT
Do you have kids? If you have MULES, what do you need MOLLE for?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:13:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ductapeman:
Now wait a minute-- MOLLE clips?? None of the MOLLE gear I've seen uses clips-- unless you are referring to the SPEARS/MALICE clips, which were designed to connect ALICE stuff to MOLLE-- I'm confused as to what it is you want.

How do you call the clips that you use to connect MOLLE gear to each other? Is there another name for that? Some SPEAR pouches already come with the MOLLE attaching clips attached to them but others do not, this requiring a clip to attach their MOLLE webbing to the webbing of a backpack, a vest or something else.

The MALICE is not the one that attaches a MOLLE to an ALICE?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:55:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 9:29:09 AM EDT by Unicorn]
There are two sizes of MALICE clips. The small that replaces the metal ALICE clips in the older gear, and the large that TT uses for all their MOLLE gear, and can be used on other sizes of belts and loops too.
Most pouches that use the MOLLE type of attachment have the reinforced strip part of the pouch (usually, SpecOps doens't have their stiffened).

See the loops behind the MALICE clips? The MALICE clip on these, or the built in one on others is weaved between those loops and the loops on the belt/vest/pack/whatever.

Here's an example of how most are actually made,

Basically, there are no actual "MOLLE" clips. The only non-part of the pouch itself clips I know of are the MALICE clips by TT.

ETA: I didn't mean for this to seem like I don't think you have a clue. I just wasn't sure exactly what you meant, so I just sort of threw everything out there, and hoped that some of it was what you needed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:16:37 AM EDT
www.tacticaltailor.com, order them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:12:17 PM EDT
Zip-ties & duct tape!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:16:46 AM EDT
Only here on ARFCom could this conversation get drug out longer than in an Infantry barracks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:21:17 AM EDT

Only here on ARFCom could this conversation get drug out longer than in an Infantry barracks

Some of the biggest bunch of Posers I have ever met.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:00:50 AM EDT
Hey Matt resembles that remark, your so mean to point it out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:43:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 161Infantry:

Im sorry...

NOT!...

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:33:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Im sorry...

NOT!...

Nice job of transferrance. Poser.
Last I checked, you have a desk job. Both of you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 4:50:48 PM EDT by 161Infantry]
Ah as the armorer you dont work behind a desk???? Unlike you Im still in an Infantry slot as a Bradley section leader, so eat it supply poge!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:49:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Some of the biggest bunch of Posers I have ever met.

you're right... i just run a really long, elaborate story.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:03:26 PM EDT
OK folks. Thanks! I'll reconsider a journey to the far south since it appears the north lacks good resources.

However, I like the idea of duct tape and zip-ties. Maybe velcro and tape will also do...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:50:41 AM EDT

Ah as the armorer you dont work behind a desk???? Unlike you Im still in an Infantry slot as a Bradley section leader, so eat it supply poge!

For a guy with access to the UMR, you sure are mis-informed.
We've transferred you to the 69th Oral Spt Bn as of last week, in light of the skills you displayed on the last deployment.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:18:09 AM EDT
Skills I displayed? The only reason you werent busted numberous time, was the very well used knee-pads you had to wear into the 1SGs office everyday. Plus we would never trust a person with questionable moral values with access to any military database such as you. I have the UMR right in front of me, hmmm yep 11B30, Bradley section leader for me, you 92Y10 slot, un-MOSQ'd, ahhh when were you actually gonna go to school to learn your job???? God knows you never actually fixed anything in Iraq, Thank God for the DOL at Balad our we would have been screwed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:29:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 3:07:59 PM EDT by Matt45]

Skills I displayed? The only reason you werent busted numberous time, was the very well used knee-pads you had to wear into the 1SGs office everyday. Plus we would never trust a person with questionable moral values with access to any military database such as you. I have the UMR right in front of me, hmmm yep 11B30, Bradley section leader for me, you 92Y10 slot, un-MOSQ'd, ahhh when were you actually gonna go to school to learn your job???? God knows you never actually fixed anything in Iraq, Thank God for the DOL at Balad our we would have been screwed.

Go to school to learn my job...dude, I'm so fuckin' good I didn't need no stinkin' school.
I wasn't busted on numerous occasions because I know where the bodies are buried. A fact you might want to remember.

Questionable morale values??? Now there's the Chief of the Kettles calling a pot black.

At least I'm not the guy who hucks his 240B off of his 1114, just because he's having a bad day.

BTW- Nice to see you finally mastered puncuation and capitalization. Good Job! That Engrish as a Second language course is helping.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:36:29 PM EDT
Gee, I never see bickering on subjects such as this in the ANG.

Then again, those subjects would be considered "too military" for 87% of my unit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:19:20 PM EDT
I didnt throw my babe(240B) off my 1114, she was an unfortuante victim of Iraqi gravity. A conspiracy to harm her as she had harvested too many of Iraqs sons me thinks.

Thank you for the compliment on my use of the English language, its the benefit of a college education. Something the sons(insert Matt45 here) of the unwashed bog Irish peasants could most definately benefit from.(no correspondance and Dog the bounty hunter school dont count).
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:40:07 AM EDT

LOL, he said you worked in a 92 Yankee Ten slot...

that's like calling somebody fat AND ugly where I come from...

(where's my popcorn?)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:19:05 PM EDT

LOL, he said you worked in a 92 Yankee Ten slot...

that's like calling somebody fat AND ugly where I come from...

(where's my popcorn?)

Really, twinkle-toes?

Got news for ya-
I DO work in a 92Y1O slot.
I am NOT MOSQ'd.
I AM fat.
I'm reeeeeeal Ugly

Hope you choke on that popcorn!

As for my misguided associate.....More Soju?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:58:34 PM EDT
Soju, Porter and whiskey, please!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:35:17 PM EDT
This is to let 1GR know that at least one of us got it. You sure clipped him good! By the look on his face, it looks like you got him right in the gall bladder

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:25:09 PM EDT

Soju, Porter and whiskey, please!

I'm still not sure if it was the Fore-maldy-hide of sulfites that caused that weird ringing/buzzing sensation I had the next morning.

I just wonder what the wing-wipers wouldn't play with us?
Top Top