Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 3:07:32 PM EDT
I know there is the bullet and the bore style...  I'm wondering if they are worth the money to sight a scope?  Locally, who has them?  Whats your brand/style preference?

Thanx in advance!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
for what it's worth, wally world has the bore style for 40.00. was thinking about getting one if they still have a mossberg bolt rifle in 30/06 still this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one that I used to align my air rifles and the AR.   Only good as a starting point.  Al of them had to be "re-zeroed" in the range because the bullets never matched the laser dot (which was superimposed by the scopes crosshairs).   Forgot the brand.  It's sitting somewhere in the safe because I went back to the three-shots and click-click on the scope.

Before some asks.. no, the point of impact was not the same in all rifles, which would show the laser bore was not properly aligned.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Aimshot .223 style. It puts me on paper, saves some time. I got the adapters for 7.62X39 and .308 as well. I'm within six inches at 100 yards when I get to the range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have a GOOD rest, preferably one that "clamps" onto the rifle, then I can tell you how to sight in with 1 shot.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you have a GOOD rest, preferably one that "clamps" onto the rifle, then I can tell you how to sight in with 1 shot.

I might have to do that, I bought the "BSA Optics" from sprotsman that is a boresighting setup, but the shaft that goes into the barrel is not long enough for me to use it, the Busy's front sight is too high to see thru the boresight window!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Clamp your rifle into something like this:

shoot, then adjust your xhairs to the impact point, you're done.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#8]
This is some thing I do with bolt guns, but could work with an AR.
Take the upper off and remove the BC/C/CH and upt the upper on a solid surface. Sand baggs work well at the range. Look down the bore and center on your target. Get the upper to stay in this spot (sandbags)    then with out moving the upper look in your scope/sights. and correct if needed.
This will get you close. It is free, bullets cost money. hope it helps.

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know there is the bullet and the bore style...  I'm wondering if they are worth the money to sight a scope?  Locally, who has them?  Whats your brand/style preference?

Thanx in advance!

This thread was in the WASHINGTON STATE forum... Not sure why it was moved.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I gotta get 1GR something to relieve the pressure...

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Any ideas?

Sigh....

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top