Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:48:13 PM EDT
Who knows of a good 1991A1 gunsmith I live in Marysville?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:27:05 AM EDT
anybody?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:30:04 AM EDT
I can tell you how to fix it. Disassemble it. Throw all parts in a bag, deposit bag in nearest trash receptacle. Then go buy a Glock

I don't know anyone in Marysville. But there is(was) a guy at Oly Arms in Olympia that is supposed to do good 1911 work.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:37:21 AM EDT

I don't know anyone in Marysville. But there is(was) a guy at Oly Arms in Olympia that is supposed to do good 1911 work.

I think I know who you're talking about.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:45:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eddienyr:

I cant think of his name right off the bat, but open up your phone book and look for the Gunsmith in Arlington (right in the city)..Im betting he can help ya out with just a phone call.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:32:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

I cant think of his name right off the bat, but open up your phone book and look for the Gunsmith in Arlington (right in the city)..Im betting he can help ya out with just a phone call.

www.mcmurraysgunsmithing.com/
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:29:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:09:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stokes:
I had heard that McMurray had moved to Idaho, but I could be wrong.

The fellow down at Olympic you'd probably want to talk with is Mike Hadley. He's a pretty good local guy, with good prices and quick service. He sets up independantly at the WAC show in Puyallup, sitting next to the Olympic Arms booth, picking up side jobs.

I've used Mike in the past and he knows 1911s backward and forward. Straight, honest guy to deal with.

Trey
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:57 PM EDT
I had the guys at oly do some work to my 9mm 1911. It all turned out top notch. I had them install a bar-sto barrell, Novak sights and a wilson MSH.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Grumpy's in Granite Falls is pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:46 PM EDT
Here's the story. I had a trigger job done on my pistol. I also changed all of my springs with a wilson combat kit. I had an wilson extended slide stop, match triger and ambi safety installed. My wifes a lefty. I did this probably ten months ago. The smith used his magazine for the work. I just got around to checking the gun. I had FTF, the slide would not lock back on the last round. I use Mcgar mags beside colt. I notices the slide hanging up on the mcgars. When I released the mags the slide would move freely. With the colt it moved freely but was 50/50 on locking the slide back. One of the things I was going to do before I went shooting was rebuild the mags. Now that I had the problems that a must. I think I should have givin the smith my mags to do fit checks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:03:41 PM EDT
I haven't owned a 1911 for years, but I'll give it a go:

Do you still have the stock slide release? If you do, swap out the aftermarket extended one and run a few magazines through it and see what you get.

Trey

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:47:55 PM EDT
yeah I still have all the original parts. I thought about doing that. What sucks is I want to get back into plinking and such, but this is my CCW gun and it has to be 100% reliable. Grumpies is who did the job, I think I'll contact him on saturday to let him know what happened. Hopefully I can do some troubleshooting for him before then.
Top Top