Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:13:36 AM EDT
Well here is my Maddi all done up with a good blue job and new polish furnature.

a little korean era tease

My favorite .308

and of course a litle AR15A1 action

what can I say? I had last night off and I got realy board so I decided to have a little photo shoot. I didn't get to all of them though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:32:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:51:19 AM EDT
They are all very nice!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:03:01 AM EDT
I like the M1 Carbine and A1...BTW who made the Carbine?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:42:32 AM EDT
It's a 1942 winchester, re-arsenaled for korea as most were, but it is all wini not a mix master, after korea it was then it was given away to some other country and re-imported by blue sky probobly somtime during the mid to late 70's, its a good shooter and I have been looking for an original brl for it for sometime, just to get rid of the blue sky arlington VA stamp along the side of the brl in front of the bayo lug. that damn stamp still just messes with my mind.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:18:55 AM EDT
If it's a Blue Sky it probably came back into the country in the late 80s among the huge flood of Carbines and Garands that were imported as a result of restrictions being lifted in 1986.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 11:55:23 AM EDT by AssaultPossum]

Originally Posted By MackUSMC:
It's a 1942 winchester, re-arsenaled for korea as most were, but it is all wini not a mix master, after korea it was then it was given away to some other country and re-imported by blue sky probobly somtime during the mid to late 70's, its a good shooter and I have been looking for an original brl for it for sometime, just to get rid of the blue sky arlington VA stamp along the side of the brl in front of the bayo lug. that damn stamp still just messes with my mind.

Nice! I own an IBM (AO receiver) and should have a Postal Meter but that day my brain was vacationing somewhere far away. Its a mixmaster (rearsenal) w/ IBM bbl & cut bolt. It contains a very high number of older parts...those found on early mdls. Im trying not to shoot it too much b/c I dont want to have to rebbl it -- finding another good IBM bbl will be very difficult and expensive. Are you planning to rebbl yourself or have it done? Mine shoots OK w/ Korean milsurp ammo but very well using my reloads. Im not sure how well/poorly my reloads duplicate milspec ammo though. The first recipe shot so well I didnt bother messing w/ it anymore.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:14:33 PM EDT
Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:29:36 AM EDT
I'd rebrl it myself, I can't affford anyone elses work She's a good shooter with remington .30 and S+B .30 so I don't bother to reload for her. I do need to get a new recoil spring for her though as I think the spring in there now is the original from 1942 and it is not 100% (more like 97%) efective at getting the extractor to snap over the cartridge rim.......if you ride the slide handle AT ALL it wont snap over the rim and the round will not fully chamber, as Cavvet can attest to.....damn why did I trade him my inland non-import?-oh yeah I got my M-4 in that deal
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:48:16 AM EDT
If you find an IBM bbl in your search for a new bbl for your rifle Id be interested to know. Ive been on the lookout for one for several yrs now w/o success. I assume youre trying to replace the bbl on yours w/ a Winchester...right?

The only other ammo Ive tryed in mine is PMC which shoots marginally better than the KO milsurp.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:02:24 AM EDT
Very nice pron
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:20:47 AM EDT
a wini brl would be ideal but there are un-marked mil replacement brls floating around out there as well, and I wouldn't turn up my nose at one of those either. I always seem to find the brls right after someone else just bought them. Bill Ricca had some on his site a little bit ago but when I went back to the site they were all gone.......
Top Top