Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:24:17 PM EDT
and not getin' as my uncle always says. If it was easy it would be called gettin', I flew 2800 miles and hauled my ass all over the S.E. Alabama woodlands and did not fire one shot, not a pig or deer even knew I was there, has anyone ever been so stumped in a place where the bag limit is two per day either sex for three months, shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:46:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 1:50:23 PM EDT by AssaultPossum]
Wow...that is unusual! Is this a matter of seeing game but just not having a shot or did you not see anything? If the later Im very surprised. The bright side is that you walked some nice ground! I like that part of AL very much.

ETA: I was poking around Chickamauga (N GA) this last Nov and saw more deer than you could shake a stick at! They were thick as leaves in those woods and very easy to spot. I know this isnt remotely close to where you hunted in AL but I would think there would be even more in the area you hunted.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:05:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 1:56:18 PM EDT by AssaultPossum]

Originally Posted By OdT:
Sorry to hear it. With hunting, I always say, "Anything can happen, and it usually does!".

You bet!! Some years ago I was scouting deer and all I saw were turkeys (everywhere), not a deer or trace of one. When I got back to the truck that evening there must have been 20 turkeys around it! The day I went out for turkey all I saw were deer and not one turkey. At least the walk thru the woods was nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:51:46 AM EDT
Well, I did not even see one deer although I also could have bagged a few turkeys, the general consensus was that it was unusually hot for January and the deer don't move much in the daytime.
Top Top