Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 9:45:02 PM EDT
I had to run up to Poulsbo today to work in the new store(Grand Opening Tuesday, soft opening should be Saturday). Every single driver between Poulsbo and Port Orchard was going 5 mph below the speed limit. I was bobbing and weaving trying to get around them. I've never seen so many people driving so slow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I see you dont get out much. Pls tell me a place in W WA where the drivers dont move like frozen molasses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ballard sent the worst of their drivers to Paulsbo :D
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Pls tell me a place in W WA where the drivers dont move like frozen molasses.

They seem to drive faster near Tacoma, though it feels a lot like driving surrounded by greyhounds on a crystal meth jag.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
That stretch of Highway 3 between Bremerton and Silverdale is crazy.  I've found that everyone is either doing 5-10 under the speed limit or 10-20 OVER the speed limit.  So it's go slow and get irritated or haul ass and hang on for your life with crazies riding your tail.

It has a couple of nice LOOONG straight stretches too.  I've seen a few different cases of sport bikes wiping out on that stretch.

I try to behave myself out there because I almost always see staters out there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So it's go slow and get irritated or haul ass and hang on for your life with crazies riding your tail.

My kind of driving...bumper to bumper, all ahead flank! Who needs coffee when you can have a natural adrenaline rush? Youre sure to be awake at the end of your ride.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Pls tell me a place in W WA where the drivers dont move like frozen molasses.

They seem to drive faster near Tacoma, though it feels a lot like driving surrounded by greyhounds on a crystal meth jag.

If you're driving through the Hilltop area you need to drive fast to keep from getting shot at!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That stretch of Highway 3 between Bremerton and Silverdale is crazy.  I've found that everyone is either doing 5-10 under the speed limit or 10-20 OVER the speed limit.  So it's go slow and get irritated or haul ass and hang on for your life with crazies riding your tail.

It has a couple of nice LOOONG straight stretches too.  I've seen a few different cases of sport bikes wiping out on that stretch.

A few months ago the WASP had 6 drivers pulled over, all in a manner of a few hundred yards. It was patrol car, speeder, patrol car, speeder, one right after another. They caught them in bulk.  I think the WASP views Hwy 3 as a target rich environment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A few months ago the WASP had 6 drivers pulled over, all in a manner of a few hundred yards. It was patrol car, speeder, patrol car, speeder, one right after another. They caught them in bulk.  I think the WASP views Hwy 3 as a target revenue rich environment.

Fixed it!!

I've never been through there without seeing at least one WSP.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the staters really patrol through there with unmarked cars and SUVs a *lot*.  I got tagged just outside silverdale once myself.  Now I drive 64MPH between silverdale and poulsbo.  70+ everywhere else

Oh, and Poulsbo is a rather rich area.  Why do you think it took so long to get a Wallys world up there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top