Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 8:30:07 AM EDT
since I dont have front plates on my car... 2 actually.......NO Im not drilling those two holes in that beautiful "Texas" bumper cover. How much trouble could I get in?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Off of the top of my head  IIRC up to $250.

You can get apply for a varience waiver from the WSP under RCW 46.16.240.

fixed
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside it’s so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Breaking the law, breaking the law

So much for the golden future, I can’t even start
I’ve had every promise broken, there’s anger in my heart
You don’t know what it’s like, you don’t have a clue
If you did you’d find yourselves doing the same thing too

You don’t know what it’s like

Breaking the law

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
My friend got a $101 ticket for that infraction. But I know many, many people who do not have a front plate and very fey get popped for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You can get a varience waiver from the WSP under RCW 46.16.240.

The only vehicle granted that excemption is the Delorean last I knew.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Just get one of those bear stickers for your back window, then you can do what you want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Granted I display it in the front window, But I will have to get one of those gay black plate holders from the dealler...Like an IDIOT I forgot to take a brand new one out of the trunk of the LAST last SC300 we had

It dont help that is a "sports coupe" AND RED But I havent got tagged yet...

Besides how long before the do away with the front plates...they already got rid of the tags
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can get a varience waiver from the WSP under RCW 46.16.240.

The only vehicle granted that excemption is the Delorean last I knew.....

I've SEEN that car around the sound... on 520...wonder if it flys
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Judas Priest rocks :D

I took most the plates off the front of my Cruisers, they just don't look right on a fj45 or 40......chances of getting pulled over are pretty slim unless LE is looking for a reason to pull you over anyway. Funny it was aa acting police chief that talked me into pulling the front plates off ;)

Did ya all know, anyone can get the LE Memorial plates..........which to me seems like a good way around getting pulled over..........but then again, a different ex chief got pulled over for 10 over on I-5 and was issued a ticket.....:D

Quoted:

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside it’s so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

So much for the golden future, I can’t even start
I’ve had every promise broken, there’s anger in my heart
You don’t know what it’s like, you don’t have a clue
If you did you’d find yourselves doing the same thing too

You don’t know what it’s like

Breaking the law

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
whats a Texas bumper cover?

Quoted:
since I dont have front plates on my car... 2 actually.......NO Im not drilling those two holes in that beautiful "Texas" bumper cover. How much trouble could I get in?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My friend got a $101 ticket for that infraction. But I know many, many people who do not have a front plate and very fey get popped for it.

Depends on how bored Mr. Cop is....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I got a ticket for that a few years ago.  If i remember correctly, it was $71 at the time.  About 5-6 years ago.  I also received a ticket for "no litter bag" at the time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't even count how many times i've gotten pulled over for no front plate. I got so sick of getting pulled over i put it back on, it wasn't worth it. Not to mention it is super expensive to keep paying. It doesnt matter what kind of car it is either....I know a lot of people think if you drive a BMW with no plate your not going to get pulled over vs a rice rocket with a coffee can muffler.

Plus not having it on, already gives LE cause to pull you over........So you have to be extra careful!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
whats a Texas bumper cover?

Quoted:

Well, the cars we have gotten from Texas..(salvage auctions) dont have front plates or holders for plates...since they arent required in Texas, I guess. So the front bumper covers are BEAUTIFUL...like the manufacture intended the cars to be...NOT with a STUPID BLACK PLATE HOLDER IN THE MIDDLE

ETA: I say a couple beamers without plates and a riceburner...

and I try to go with the traffic FLOW, not speeding so I'm pretty conformist, i guess....I'm just glad everyone else sees fit to go 75-80 down I405
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Since you asked...
$101 violation.
apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.16.240
RCW 46.16.240
Attachment of plates to vehicles — Violations enumerated.  

The vehicle license number plates shall be attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle for which the same are issued and in such a manner that they can be plainly seen and read at all times: PROVIDED, That if only one license number plate is legally issued for any vehicle such plate shall be conspicuously attached to the rear of such vehicle. Each vehicle license number plate shall be placed or hung in a horizontal position at a distance of not less than one foot nor more than four feet from the ground and shall be kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times: PROVIDED, HOWEVER, That in cases where the body construction of the vehicle is such that compliance with this section is impossible, permission to deviate therefrom may be granted by the state patrol. It shall be unlawful to display upon the front or rear of any vehicle, vehicle license number plate or plates other than those furnished by the director for such vehicle or to display upon any vehicle any vehicle license number plate or plates which have been in any manner changed, altered, disfigured or have become illegible. License plate frames may be used on vehicle license number plates only if the frames do not obscure license tabs or identifying letters or numbers on the plates and the plates can be plainly seen and read at all times. It is unlawful to use any holders, frames, or any materials that in any manner change, alter, or make the vehicle license number plates illegible. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any vehicle unless there shall be displayed thereon valid vehicle license number plates attached as herein provided.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top