Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:08:35 PM EDT
Welp, I got most of my other LMT build together last night w/ some substitute parts for some function testing/firing. When UPS brings me a Harris 3-9 Bipod w/ Nut-Locker, a Magpul PRS and MIAD, and a Turner sling it will be done.

Parts so far;

LMT Lower w/ LMT 2-Stage trigger
Enidine AR-Restor Hydraulic Buffer
TD Battle Grip
Douglas SS 12-Flute SDM Spec barrel, KG Kote'd black
Smith Ent. 5.56 Vortex FS
PRI SS Gas Block
PRI M84 Charging Handle
Daniel Defense 12.0 AMU Spec Forearm
Troy Industries front and rear BUIS
A.R.M.S. 30mm Steel Throw Lever mounts
Leupold Mk4 3-9x36mm MR/T M3 Scope w/ Illuminated Reticle
KNS Pins for one less thing to worry about
KAS 11-Rib Panels

When the PRS stock and the other parts get here Monday'sh I'll take it to the range and give it a good accuracy test for y'all.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Definately looks like a fully-blinged AR to me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice set up.

Might want to check that rear sight for canting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What are the wingdings connecting the trigger/hammer pins? Ive only seen them one other time on a Colt. The pins must be threaded so they wont come out...is the right? I thought that was only really necessary for fully automatic  applications.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are the wingdings connecting the trigger/hammer pins? Ive only seen them one other time on a Colt. The pins must be threaded so they wont come out...is the right? I thought that was only really necessary for fully automatic  applications.

KNS anti-rotational pins.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx...very slick
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
AsI get older I see things younger guys have done to thing my peers and I would have never thought of.

Coffee cans on exhaust.  

Tack driver precision AR-15's  

Looks nice. Lets see the range card.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice work bench. . . . I mean nice LMT Build
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Definately looks like a fully-blinged AR to me.

Almost, when the UPS Santa brings me the prs stock, bipod, and turner sling I'll be at bling level 10.

Quoted:
Nice set up.

Might want to check that rear sight for canting.

I did the first thing when I opened the box, and lucked out w/ no cant.

Quoted:

I use them because they have a high polish on them that actually smooths out the trigger even more. And they have holes that you inject CLP into and they constantly keep them lubed up. Never having them come out is a side bonus, not that I have ever seen any come out.

Quoted:

Looks nice. Lets see the range card.

Soon Sir, very soon. I can tell you though, the urge to wring it out on the big range is killing me. I got the 77gr BTHP rounds a waiting, now I need UPS to come through and it is on.

Quoted:
Nice work bench. . . . I mean nice LMT Build

lol, I just built that too man, got a purple thumbnail ala' an Estwing hammer to prove it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Ill have to give those a try in my new (yet unused) lower. This is a great place to learn new things...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#10]
How much did that scope set you back?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I like your setup m_s
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How much did that scope set you back?

950.00 for the scope as it is. I took the scope off this afternoon, boxed it, and sent it to the Leupold Custom Shop. Getting the Mil-Dot Reticle switched to the SPR Reticle for 180.00, and 150.00 for custom BDC M3 Turrets calibrated for the Black Hills 77gr BTHP round.

Quoted:
I like your setup m_s

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like crap!
Give it to me
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Very Nice Gun!

Where did you purchase the Troy sights from?   I have been looking around, and have not seen a set for under $250.  Know of any deals?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Very Nice Gun!

Where did you purchase the Troy sights from?   I have been looking around, and have not seen a set for under $250.  Know of any deals?

Denny's Guns, $245 delivered.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I got the Troy BUIS' from Steve at ADCO, price was like 250.00 for both....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]
oh my god, that's beautiful.

i'm gonna cry...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top