Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 9:11:05 AM EDT
I'm in the market for a tactical vest and as some of you know I'm a pretty big guy.  I wear a size 5XL and I called TT in Lakewood and asked if it was possible to gave a 5XL vest made, after all the are called Tactical Tailor ?  Well guess what?  They say that there is no way that it can be done.  WTF!!  

Big thanks to all that replied!

Looks like the MAV 2-piece with the X harness will work.

With the sale on woodland, I can get a complete set-up for under $150!!

Woot!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasn't there some guy floating around on arfcom that did custom pouches and the sort for people?  Perhaps he could make one.  You could try giving Eagle Industries a try, also.  All their stuff is handmade, so it wouldn't hurt.  Good quality stuff, too.

-kyle
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are pretty busy with these wars and stuff going on.

Build a MAV set up. That is what I did.

MAV Setup?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Gibby, I love ya man...

So dont take this wrong,  I am one of the last people that should be talking myself. and we both know how much better off we would be if we just accepted the truth.
You dont have to be mad at them.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well guess what?  They say that there is no way that it can be done.  WTF!!  

an AmerIcan   can do !

AmerIcan't  won't do !

Improvise, adapt over-come.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gibby, I love ya man...

So dont take this wrong,  I am one of the last people that should be talking myself. and we both know how much better off we would be if we just accepted the truth.
You dont have to be mad at them.

No!  I will not take long hot showers with you!  

I'm not looking to join our local minutemen.  I just want a way to carry more magazines among other items when out shooting.  

Looking at TT web page and with what Scrun stated, I'm thinking the two-peice MAV setup would be the best.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm not looking to join our local minutemen.  

sure....

I just want a way to carry more magazines among other items when out shooting.

Why not bring out the young studs that your daut's seem to think they are in love with, They can be used as pack mule's.  

Looking at TT web page and with what Scrun stated, I'm thinking the two-peice MAV setup would be the best.

Im thinking more along the lines of an..

Little paint, and you can carry way more then any old vest.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not looking to join our local minutemen.  

sure....

I just want a way to carry more magazines among other items when out shooting.

Why not bring out the young studs that your daut's seem to think they are in love with, They can be used as pack mule's.  

Im thinking more along the lines of an..

www.ioffer.com/img/1128582000/_i/8444898/1.jpg

Little paint, and you can carry way more then any old vest.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe not a full vest,

These can be enlarged by adding more strap to the buckles. They are from Tactical Supply and expensive at $180, but there are used harnesses and of course you could make on by buying straps and pouches.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Im thinking more along the lines of a..  

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Get one of these wheelbarrows Gibby....

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#12]
If you need help making or modifying something my wife could probably help you out, she's been a seamstress for years and makes all kinds of nifty crap for us.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#13]
You really don't want a vest anyway, plate carriers are where it's at these days.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You really don't want a vest anyway, plate carriers are where it's at these days.

Sounds like a nifty attachment.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Gibby, I've got a bare 2-piece MAV if you want to check one out for fit. They normally expand from a  generous rear strap, so the panels pretty much stay up front where you want them. If you want more of a side panel "presentation" then you'd need a couple of adapter belts to expand the front as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Gibby, I've got a bare 2-piece MAV if you want to check one out for fit. They normally expand from a  generous rear strap, so the panels pretty much stay up front where you want them. If you want more of a side panel "presentation" then you'd need a couple of adapter belts to expand the front as well.

I'll give ya a call.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Get one of these wheelbarrows Gibby....

www.umsl.edu/~alphaxid/GW%20wheelbarrow.JPG

that there is a fine looking wheelbarrow, but trust me gibby, the maintence costs alone will kill ya!

(that is if your wife doesn't first!)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Gibby,

The 2 piece MAV offers a lot of room, plus you can add expansion areas to the back or front as needed.  It comes setup with extra webbing, but the worst that could happen is that you add in a spacer to the front or back.  If you are close, take a drive down and check it out.  The mag/ radio pouches show are on clearance, but only available at the store.  Take a look at this thread for more info on the mag pouches

They are good people, and will take good care of you.  The below picture is a setup shows the 2 piece, and its pretty easy to see how a spacer could be added in the front if you felt it wuld be a benefit.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like a stop at their storefront would payoff.  I'll drop in on Friday on my way down to LCR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#24]
That's odd.  They just modded a MAV for me.  But I'm not a big guy and work as a contractor overseas, so I guess that might be the acception.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That's odd.  They just modded a MAV for me.  But I'm not a big guy and work as a contractor overseas, so I guess that might be the acception.

sigh
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Gibby,

I must have missed it, what happened?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Nothing missed Stick.  I'll be stopping @ TT this Friday to pick up a 2-piece set-up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top