Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 2:11:06 PM EDT
Hey all,

Looking for a range or rock pit of some sort in or near Vancouver.  Any suggestions?  Looking at taking a couple handguns and AR's out.  Thanks all.

-Kyle
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No luck, but I do recall the question asked and answered. Hopefully someone who remembers or knows will chime in before long.

No problem, thanks for looking though, I appreciate it :)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You can shoot up at Larch mountain.  If you know where clark rifles is then just go up the road about another 5 or so miles.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can shoot up at Larch mountain.  If you know where clark rifles is then just go up the road about another 5 or so miles.

I believe that that area is a no shoot zone. I remember a sign up there that said no shooting next 8 mi.  if you get to the top and go left at the Y in the road. You go right by the correctional facility.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Or you can join Clark Rifles.
www.clarkrifles.org

Jeff
An RO there
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
The Larch Mountain Area is posted as a no shooting area by the county now, has been for years.  There used to be a public outdoor range in east Vancouver ran by the city parks dept, the English Pit Shooting Range, but it ran out of money, and may not re-open.  If you want an indoor range and don't want to travel to Delta Park in Portland to lay down big $ at The Place To Shoot, then Clark Rifles is the only place right now.

I go out the Washougal River road, turn up North Fork Road, and when I am about 5 miles or so past the paved road, I find a place to park that has a backstop of some kind nearby, and that is my shooting range.  There are a couple of decent spots up North Fork Road, one has a flat 50 yard distance, and you can shoot out to 100 yards, but you'll be shooting uphill.

PM me if anyone wants more info on the area.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Larch was closed for quite awhile and I quit going up there and found another spot.  I heard it was back open again. There are  no "no shooting "signs anywhere that I have seen since I started going back up there up there for the last 6 months or so. About 4 months ago one of the places I shoot at  was full of boy scouts getting there shooting badge and the leader was a LEO.   I usually shoot at the Yellow gate off the blacktop.  If you go up further where the road forks, the left turn takes you to the prison and the right  middlish road will take you up the dirt road with a few diffrent spots to shoot.  

I also have a shooting buddy that was up there and had the DNR stop and talk to him about safety and cleaning up his mess when he was done, he said nothing about  not shooting up there.

It's kind of a pain up there because of the lots of  folks on motorcycles suddenly appearing where your shooting and people walking around in the sticks.

If this is truly a no shooting spot there are lotsa folks breaking the law.  

Clark rifles I hear has a 300 yeard range but I have never been there.  

I prefer my other spot but Larch is quite abit closer to my house.  

Take it for whats its worth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Larch was closed for quite awhile and I quit going up there and found another spot.  I heard it was back open again. There are  no "no shooting "signs anywhere that I have seen since I started going back up there up there for the last 6 months or so.

Things change, eh?  I could be relying on old info.  I stopped going up there for anything when the "no shooting" signs were up, and people were still shooting.  And there were folks hiking and biking all over the place, too.  I saw the "Accidental Deaths Waiting To Happen" signs everywhere and found someplace else, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top