Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 9:04:18 AM EDT
Anybody go there?

What distances do their rifle ranges have?

Anything else I should know?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Been a long time since I was there. Standard rifle range goes to 200 yards. During certain matches they can open that up to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Drive 10 more minutes south down Meridian, to Eatonville, and you have the Upper Nisqually Sportsmans Club. They got ranges out to 1000 that you can shoot at regularly, once you join of course.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Drive 10 more minutes south down Meridian, to Eatonville, and you have the Upper Nisqually Sportsmans Club. They got ranges out to 1000 that you can shoot at regularly, once you join of course.

Ummm...you haven't been on Meridiam recently, have you?
Took me 30 mins. to go 24 blocks Tuesday afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to update the range at UNSC.  The 1000 yard range is not open to members or the public.  It is for scheduled matches only, and will be closed very shortly if not already because the owner is starting to mine the land.  They do have a rife range that goes out to 550 yards that you can shoot at.
Another choice is driving about 10 minutes west to the Tacoma Sportsmen's Club.  200 yard range, pistol range, achery, shotgun sports, etc.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I drive over to shoot pistol matches there a couple of times a year.  They have some bays for action pistol, i have seen som pretendo cowboys there as well.  They have a 200 yd rifle line and a nice pistol line too.  Rifle has several limits on rate of fire, less than 8 rounds allowed per mag and stuff like that.  They do have a couple of gongs and things to amuse yourself as well.  It is a very clean, well run range.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ummm...you haven't been on Meridiam recently, have you?
Took me 30 mins. to go 24 blocks Tuesday afternoon.

Ummmm.... there is no traffic beyond the original question, ie, south of 176th where Paul Bunyan is located......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I drive over to shoot pistol matches there a couple of times a year.  They have some bays for action pistol, i have seen som pretendo cowboys there as well.  They have a 200 yd rifle line and a nice pistol line too.  Rifle has several limits on rate of fire, less than 8 rounds allowed per mag and stuff like that.  They do have a couple of gongs and things to amuse yourself as well.  It is a very clean, well run range.

I lost track of the bidding.

Which range are you referring to that has the action pistol bays?  I've looking for a place where I can get some practice in to work on my action pistol skills.

-Frank
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody go there?

What distances do their rifle ranges have?

Anything else I should know?

I’m a member at PB they have a 25-200 yard rifle range, pistol range, and shotgun range. They also have lights and you can shoot until 10:00 at night. They do have the 8 round per mag and no rapid fire rules. They have a bunch of clubs and matches that go on there so in the summer you have to shoot around the match schedule. The Tacoma sportsman’s club is nice as well but no lights on the rifle and pistol range means no night shooting.

From theyre web page:

Those interested in joining must attend an orientation meeting the Second Sunday of each month at 4:00 PM at the clubhouse on the range.  The membership dues are $60 per year running from September 1st through August 31st.  New members are prorated based on the month of application.  There is a one time initiation fee of $50.  You must be a member of NRA (bring proof).  If you are not a current member, you will be required to join.  The fee to join NRA is an additional $35.  The total fees will depend on the month you join and your NRA membership status.

PB link
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Steel plate matches are open to the public and are held the third sunday of every month.  They are only $5 per class and you shoot alot. (min. 125 rounds per class) They are tons of fun, all are welcome.
(I am also a member there because it is the nicest range in the area, and it happens to be the closest one to my house.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top