Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:11:06 PM EDT
Ok... I'm not asking this in the general forum since I want to know our states policy...

Ya might have read that Im getting a rifle sent from Stag to my local sportsman wharehouse for the transfer.

I know I have to fill out federal and local paper work for a background check of some sort once the rifle arrives. Then, as I understand it, they mail/fax the paper work off to my city police and the feds. Thats all well and good. Not gonna find any dirt. The part I'm wondering about is this:

Will I walk out of the store with it the same night?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:14:18 PM EDT
The FFL will make a phone call to the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System ) as long as you're clean they will give the dealer an approval right on the phone and you will be on your way minutes later.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:18:13 PM EDT
^^^^ Awesome... I have a NavSea badge so the feds have probed me the anal way already. I got the tube of astroglide and the splinters from the broomstick to prove it
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:22:32 PM EDT
A little reading for you, that will give you an idea of what's going on while your FFL is making the secret squirrel phone call and speaking in tounges.

www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nicsfact.htm#top
Top Top