Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 1:29:16 PM EDT by R-32]

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:
This thread explains alot, I could not figure out why so many in homie town are so quick to embrace gun control laws. now I see the majority seems to be from commiefornia where it is their nature not to fight.

Just how many of us from the WA HTF are from California, Native born, or Other..

Poll to follow.

I want to know if we OWN the Natives.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:30:39 PM EDT
Ancestors settled the land and are buried on it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:56:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:
Ancestors settled the land and are buried on it.

home1.gte.net/res0p1ia/ftx1.jpg

That's one thing that I wish I could say about my ancestors.
They came to America back in the early 1900's from Italy and Sweeden.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:01:48 PM EDT
I was born in the great state of Virginia! But I've lived in Washington State for almost 20 years now, so I consider myself a native. I've lived here twice as long as I've lived anywhere else, as well as 59% of the time I've been alive.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:03:36 PM EDT
Born in California, parents moved here when I was 11, dad was from here, mother from California.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:03:55 PM EDT
I was born in Washington (Ft. Lewis), and moved to California when I was about 2 - kicking and screaming I'm sure, left there in 1992. Moved back here in July 2000.
Neither parent was a WA native though. Dad was from Nebraska, mom from the Phillipines.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:07:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By skeeterh:
Born in California, parents moved here when I was 11, dad was from here, mother from California.

Same type of thing here..

Parents got the bit D when I was around 10, Mom moved us here, I moved back when I was older, and came back here after 3 years of hell.

Im not really a Native of Washington, but not really a Native of California also.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:55:42 PM EDT
I moved here from Kali when I was 16 months..

Couldn't wait to get out of there..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:58:45 PM EDT
I was there for 3 years until my Dad got his walking papers after Vietnam...
Toured NW Oregon for the next 18...
SW Washington becasue she kept me ever since...

You can just call me confused...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:02:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Originally Posted By skeeterh:

Same type of thing here..

Parents got the bit D when I was around 10, Mom moved us here, I moved back when I was older, and came back here after 3 years of hell.

Im not really a Native of Washington, but not really a Native of California also.

I missed out on the big D part but not really a Native Mossback or Californian is true for me. Born in TN and with the exception of being born there and A school in Millington never really lived there. Of my 50 years I've spent a least half in California due to my Dad's Navy service, mine and staying there after I got out. Washington for 12 years now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 3:08:59 PM EDT by migradog]
Former CA native. I lived in the San Diego area until I moved here 2 years ago.
I feel lucky to be in Lynden, which in fairly conservative.
Still, I'm a bit too close to the communest stronghold in Bellingham.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:17:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:31:02 PM EDT
I'm from the wonderful town of Fancy Farm Kentucky
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:36:18 PM EDT
Born here, grew up here, grew moss here & rusted here!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:39:20 PM EDT
Born

Raised

Summers and Winters

Lived everywhere in between.

Seattle 7 years this spring.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:45:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:49:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:
Born

Mmmm...Presque Isle!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:57:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By XD_Fan:

Mmmm...Presque Isle!!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:04:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigscrun:

Looking for the move to Snohomish County, soon.

Ya sure ya wanna do that?...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:08:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:28:43 PM EDT
Born Napa CA
Moved to Highwickam England a year later
Moved to Rota Spain 3 years later (dad was stationed in Diego Garcia)
Moved to Stockton CA 3 years later
Moved to Winter Harbor Maine 2 years later
Moved to Stockton CA 2 years later
Moved to Ellsworth Maine 4 years Later
Moved to Upstate New York 2 years later
Moved to Charleston South Carolina 2 weeks later
Moved to Stockton California 3 months later

**US ARMY** 1 Year Later

Moved to FT Jackson SC
Moved to Fort Gordon 2 Months later
Moved to Ouijongbu Korea 4 months later
Moved to FT Lewis 1 year later
Purchased a house in University Place 2 Years Later

HERE I AM!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:29:13 PM EDT
Native born then moved to Indiana for 5 years. Back here since then and although I've been all over there is no place quite like WA that I would rather be.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:32:46 PM EDT

Mmmm...Presque Isle!!!

Well that was just eerie, er, Erie!

Not sure where I fit in the choices above:
- first 24 years spent in Upstate NY (thus, I know Erie a bit)
- 10 years California
- 3 years Iowa
- 8+ years WA state. I'm loving it here, aim to stay unless it turns into California Lite.

Thing is, I never fired a gun (kinda) until I moved to California. Got into handguns, rifles starting there, though I had to get over the "who needs a Salt Weapon" stage that even some gun nerds go through. At this point, I'd be all for overturning NFA 1934. So try keep in mind that a calm rational approach can sometimes win people over, OK? IT's hard work, shaking off the media BS and it takes some learning.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:37:06 PM EDT
Born in Michigan, raised on the wet side of Oregon, moved to Washington in '94 'cause of Skeeter.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:39:11 PM EDT
Born in Lakewood, CA
Sunnyvale, CA
Lacey, WA
Salt Lake City, UT
Lakewood, CA
El Cajon, CA
Lakewood, CA
El Cajon, CA
Ft. Knox, KY
El Cajon, CA
Anahiem, CA
Placentia, CA
Riverside, CA
Covina, CA
Montclair, CA
Everett, WA
Marysville, WA
Everett, WA
Monroe, WA
Granite Falls, WA

20 Places in 37 years.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:40:15 PM EDT
Born in Selma, AL, courtesy of the US Air Force; Mom and I lived in St. Louis with my grandparents for a while while Dad was in Korea (Dad was James Jabara's 1/Sgt), then PCSed to Westover AFB, outside Springfield, Massachusetts. PCSed to Dover AFB when I was 4 years old (1955, I think). We PCSed to McChord AFB in 1962, and Dad retired two years later, so I've been here since I was eleven years old. Been here long enough to love the rain and distrust that big shiny thang in the sky-- does that count as native?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
Born Oregon, mostly raised there as well(Springfield, The Dalles). Spent time in Nevada in three different places spanning southern, central, and northern Nevada (Hawthorn, Reno, Elko). Spent 3 or 4 years in Sacremento Kali as a kid as well. Moved up here and have lived in Lakewood, University place, Tacoma, Mill Creek, and now Port Orchard.

I plan on retireing in northern Nevada. Thats where I liked living the best.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 4:55:54 PM EDT by gwitness]
Born is Santa Cruz Ca......only because Dad was stationed at Ft.Ord at the time, been here since '65
Family is all from Snohomish county back to the late 1800's......we drive by the old family farm every time we drive up to GF [Robe].
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:01:04 PM EDT
Born in Elmira New York, lived in 17 states before going to high school and college in N. Idaho. been in SnoCo for 11 years now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:40:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Scollins:
I was born in the great state of Virginia! But I've lived in Washington State for almost 20 years now, so I consider myself a native. I've lived here twice as long as I've lived anywhere else, as well as 59% of the time I've been alive.....

Wow, ditto. Moved here in '79.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:45:58 PM EDT
Born in Sterling Heights, Mich.
Moved to Auburn, Wa at the age of 3
Martin, Tn at age of 19
Union City, Tn at 20
Mayfield, Ky at 21
Fancy Farm, Ky at 22
Lacey, Wa at 25
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:04:35 PM EDT
Born in Tacoma, lived here in various cities except for 7 years in the Santa Cruz area...glad I am outta there! Although, I am getting tired of Washington State and King County politics
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:07:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
Born in Orange, CA
USMC Brat - Bridgeport, CA
USMC Brat - Quantico, VA
USMC Brat - Tustin, CA
USMC Brat - Orange, CA
Auburn, CA
Loomis, CA
USN - Point Mugu, CA
USN - Whidbey Island, WA
USN - Point Mugu, CA
USN - San Diego, CA
USN - Moore, OK
USN - Whidbey Island, WA
Oak Harbor, WA

Been in Washington a total of 8 years.
Last time around I could own machine guns and ride dirt bikes / shoot in a fuck of a lot more places.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:04:23 PM EDT
Born in Pequannock, NJ. Lived in Roselle, NJ until just before my 1st birthday then moved and was raised in Point Pleasant Borough (not Point Pleasant Beach), NJ.

Sixteen days after H.S. graduation, I moved to Great Lakes, IL for a little motivational therapy.

On May 5, 1998 USS Rodney M. Davis (FFG 60) shifted homeports from Yokosuka, Japan to Everett, WA. When I seperated in June 2001, I stayed here to enjoy the relative freedom of Washington rather than be forced to relinquish my M-1 carbine (an evil assault rifle banned by name) and move back to the Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey to be subject to insane taxation and tollbooths.

Originally Posted By CavVet:
Born

Ayuh! Ya can't get theya from heeya!

Spent many vacations in Alder Stream Twp. (T2 R5 WBKP) / Eustis / Stratton / Rangely, Bangor and Belfast / Searsport.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:25:24 PM EDT
Born in an army hospital in Fort Lee VA in 1961.

Grew up in small town USA in SW Ohio. My dad was a millwright for GM for 30+ years making sure my mom stayed at home to take care of us kids.

Was huntin' pheasant / quail / rabbits / squirrels alone in the woods myself when I was 9yo.

Moved to the great state of WA in '89 due to a nasty divorce and a job @ the Lazy B.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:29:05 AM EDT
Born in Dayton Ohio, and lived in Kettering Ohio (shitty burb' of Dayton) for next 20+ years. Joined the Army, final duty station was Ft. Lewis, and stayed here when I ETS'd. Been here eight years now....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:02:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 2:15:21 AM EDT by FishKepr]
"Embrace?" Hell no, but I must admit that I guess I'm not willing to shoot a cop serving a warrant on my house. Sure Molon Labe sounds great and I have great respect for it's origins, but I can't feed my family if I'm in jail or dead for shooting a LEO doing his job.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:10:04 AM EDT
Born and raised in the foothills of TN, lived in NM, CT, NH and then here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT
Born in Georgetown, TX moved to Washington when I was 2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:08:54 AM EDT
I thought about this a little more. I'm not sure if it's so much 'pussification' as it is "You don't know how good you have it."

I used to work with a bunch of guys from the old Soviet Union, remember them? When people here complained about how cold it is, the Russians would laugh. One day I was grumbling about how Janet Reno was "turning the USA into a police state." One of the Russians looked a me with a big smile and said, "Don't tell me about living in a police state!"
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:59:26 AM EDT
Born in So Cal...
Grew up from tike to going off to college in Palos Verdes, CA (surfed at Lunada Bay )
Went to college at San Diego State
Worked, met my wife and lived in Del Mar, CA
Moved to Newport Beach, CA until 1998
Moved to Bellevue in 1998----Here I have been in WA since

Do I miss CA? YEAH! the one I grew up in! The one I grew up in has been overrun by criminals, freeloaders, illegals and social "experimenters" and libtards. What was once a great place as a kid 1960s-1980s has been trashed by invaders.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:45:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FishKepr:
I thought about this a little more. I'm not sure if it's so much 'pussification' as it is "You don't know how good you have it."

I used to work with a bunch of guys from the old Soviet Union, remember them? When people here complained about how cold it is, the Russians would laugh. One day I was grumbling about how Janet Reno was "turning the USA into a police state." One of the Russians looked a me with a big smile and said, "Don't tell me about living in a police state!"

We'll never make it to the level the USSR had it. But what level we achieve as compared to the USSR means squat when the "minor" freedom we do lose is the right to keep and bare arms.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 12:07:52 PM EDT by IBTLplus1]
Bay area native. Been here since 95.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 12:21:10 PM EDT by R-32]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 12:21:27 PM EDT by R-32]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:34:49 PM EDT
Born and lived most of my life in the LCR, migrated to OR for a couple of years and now im in Grays Harbor county.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:45:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:
Do I miss CA? YEAH! the one I grew up in! The one I grew up in has been overrun by criminals, freeloaders, illegals and social "experimenters" and libtards. What was once a great place as a kid 1960s-1980s has been trashed by invaders.

+1

The San Diego area was a GREAT Place to grow up.
On my last visit I didn't even recognize my old hometown of El Cajon.
The old Albertson's is now a bodega/carniceria and the 7-11 is a bodega solamente.
Tambein para Kalin's Market.

I also miss
Carne Asada Burritos from Roberto's

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:05:15 PM EDT
Born in Brewster,WA
Grew up in Royal City,WA
Now live in George,WA

My Dad's parents moved here from Texas. My Mom's parents are from Mizzouri.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:30:43 PM EDT
Born in Regina, Saskatchewan,
Raised in Surrey, BC
Lived in New Westminster BC for 5 years,
Then Bothell/Snohomish for the past 10 years.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top