Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 10:03:48 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Dayum, that brings back some old memories. Nice.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
oh, nice!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool
Will you be bringing that to the next shoot?

Tumbleweed sure knows how to put them together!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Will you be bringing that to the next shoot?

I have brought her out once or twice since I got her. She is pretty much a safe queen though, I have AR's to shoot. I will shoot her from time to time, but she wont be getting out in the elements.

When I got her she seemed all original with the pistol grip exception. She even kinda seemed to say "Ahhhhhhhh" when I put it on her. All is right now, long live the queen.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Didn't build this one, just provided your A1 grip
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
forgive the stupid question but what kind of a muzzle gaurd is that?  It looks so cool.  It can't be the hard plastic [or what ever mine is made of].
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't build this one, just provided your A1 grip

I'm happy that it went to a good home where it can be loved and cared for the right way
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
"Mattel, it's swell  !"

Nice gun.
The VietNam era Garand.
Cool.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
forgive the stupid question but what kind of a muzzle gaurd is that?  It looks so cool.  It can't be the hard plastic [or what ever mine is made of].

Actually thats the A1 flash hider with really, really, really bad photography. If you look close you can see the slots on the top and bottom.

Quoted:
"Mattel, it's swell  !"

Nice gun.
The VietNam era Garand.
Cool.

Indeed!

Goes great with corn!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Wasn't the nickname for the 'then new' M16 'Mattel'?
I think what you've got there is one really cool era specific rifle.  Not just everyone has one and I admire the fact that you have one special enough to take out only on special occasions...one of which I fully expect to be able to shoot it at!  DRY WEATHER, of course!

Enjoy the snacks!  (and see my new sig line)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
[sigh] It's not like I hooked you up with a half rack of Korean CMP 30-06 ammo or anything.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
[sigh] It's not like I hooked you up with a half rack of Korean CMP 30-06 ammo or anything.

Sigh....you didnt.

I bought a half rack of Greek from you.

Now, do I need to make a thread for you to prevent severe recurring manginaitis?

I cant take pics of what I have shot already, but since I put that pistol grip on today I can take pictures of that.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell,...that old beast looks like the one i sold last year to a old taxi cab driver.......,Haaaa
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Shouldn't that have a three prong on it? I thought all the original light barrel slabside A1s did.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Shouldn't that have a three prong on it? I thought all the original light barrel slabside A1s did.

Nope.........Tan Box

1974 iirc. 29xxx

Serial Number list.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Way to cool!...

I have a 60's era Upper with the 3-prong, Small hole, the only markings are a small 12 on the bottom of the bbl and a upside down looking aarow thing under the front sight base (still on the bbl) and the same little symbol on the receiver...I know it is a Colt, and I know it is Air Force Surplus (cause that is where I got it from) Never been fired more than maybe the test, and still has the cardboard tube still in the bbl. I cant wait till I can find a nice Clone XM77 type receiver for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top