Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 8:55:45 AM EDT
Major wind burst blew a big poplar tree across the semi trailer and peeled metal roofing off the carport and ofcourse it is raining buckets and barrels all the while.

Anyone notice strong wind gusts in micro burst force ?

Got the roof screwed back on and the tree cut off the semi-trailer but still a big mess and may have to bring down what remains of the tree.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
and may have to bring down what remains of the tree.

Im clocking 43 mph wind bursts up here on the hill, Be careful if you decide to bring the rest of that tree down in this wind....In fact forget about it for now, Get back inside and make a Hot Coffee or something...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and may have to bring down what remains of the tree.

Im clocking 43 mph wind bursts up here on the hill, Be careful if you decide to bring the rest of that tree down in this wind....In fact forget about it for now, Get back inside and make a Hot Coffee or something...

Thanks for the wind report, I dropped a couple dead alders yerturday that were threatening to come down on the road, and the wind made it very difficult but I'm glad i did as this wind would have brough them down and possibly on someone, I just didnt expect the poplar to come down in the direction it did which shows how strong the wind gust was.

Get back inside and make a Hot Coffee or something.

I did just that but if the other two trunks come down they could do some real damage, as it is just the trailer took the worste of it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

but if the other two trunks come down they could do some real damage, as it is just the trailer took the worste of it.

Sorry to hear about your trailer, and I would be sorry to hear about your house, but I would rather not be sorry that you got a beat down by a tree you were trying to take down in a wind storm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I was busy this morning removing tree limbs from the front yard and driveway just to be able to drive out.  The medium trees (40-60') are bending pretty bad, but the big ones just lose branches 4-6" across.  Fortunately a big one just missed my truck.  Neighbor wasn't so lucky.  A big branch came down on his roof and crunched it good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but if the other two trunks come down they could do some real damage, as it is just the trailer took the worste of it.

Sorry to hear about your trailer, and I would be sorry to hear about your house, but I would rather not be sorry that you got a beat down by a tree you were trying to take down in a wind storm.

nearly 7000$ in med bills from the last screw up has revived my healthy fear of falling trees in less than ideal conditions.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nearly 7000$ in med bills from the last screw up has revived my healthy fear of falling trees in less than ideal conditions.

Your  a quick learner I see.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]
A tree fell over in our backyard sat nite early sun am. Didn't hit anything, luckily.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
The weather station here on posts is reporting 25mph gusts.  I think it's a bit more than that ... it hasn't updated in a while.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A tree fell over in our backyard sat nite early sun am. Didn't hit anything, luckily.

That is lucky indeed, did you retrieve all the lead out of it
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Very little wind in the Arlington area.

Hope all turns out well Strat, stay safe.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if this has anything to do with George Bush's Storm machine?...

It is looking like it is going to be a long night of "Babysitting" at the "Telemarket Center".
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Plenty of wind in Frontier Village but I haven't seen any damage yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Did it make any noise?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wonder if this has anything to do with George Bush's Storm machine?...

It is looking like it is going to be a long night of "Babysitting" at the "Telemarket Center".

Yep just got back from everett, I-5 got's accidents all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I had spicy Thai food last night...could that be it?

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry.  I had Taco Bell.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008QS9V.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Only if it is strong enough to blow trees down and tear roofs off.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008QS9V.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Only if it is strong enough to blow trees down and tear roofs off.

You haven't been around me yet.  You'd think I had some sort of disfunction or something...

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Not too windy down here.

Tonight  

Showers Low
42° F

Precip:   30%

Cloudy with a few showers. Thunder is possible early. Low 42F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your  a quick learner I see.

A Smart man learns from his mistakes..

A wise man learns from other's mistakes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top