Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We need a "new" angle, such as FREEDOM.

Exactly!!

The letter of the law kills but the spirit of the law brings life, one strategy to consider is the enforement of the spirit of the law, restore the common law to our justice system and legislature.

Washington state constitution    SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this Section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

ARTICLE I
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1 POLITICAL POWER.
All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.

SECTION 2 SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND.
The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It either is or is not, enforce it or quit pretending we live in a free country.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We need a "new" angle, such as FREEDOM.

Exactly!!

The letter of the law kills but the spirit of the law brings life, one strategy to consider is the enforement of the spirit of the law, restore the common law to our justice system and legislature.

Washington state constitution    SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this Section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

ARTICLE I
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SECTION 1 POLITICAL POWER.
All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.

SECTION 2 SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND.
The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It either is or is not, enforce it or quit pretending we live in a free country.

Past elections and "interpretations" of the law already proved we do not live in a free country.    This is just a disguised dictatorship.    I can bet with you right now what will be the outcome of thenext "elections".  

However, despite all this I still cannot accept assassination as a way to make the right triumph over the wrong.    The "right" would be so wrong as the "wrong".

I think the best way it educating people (despite it's already provne a considerable number has the mind of a 10 year old) and taking an active stand instead of a passive one just reacting to what bandits disguised as "anti-guns" want to impose.    It is more than proven by any serious and reputable statistics in any country and region that gun control does not prevent criminals from perpetrating crimes.    It is a naive, to say the least, concept.

For example, I'm sure that if the gun industry spent more money in advertisement the media (which is a whore) would not support the anti-gun freaks.    Just observe that the TV and newspapers contantly advertise cars going above any speed limit anywhere, driving recklessly and we do not see anybody saying anything about it.

The pharmaceutical industry kills or cripples more than anything else and nobody says anything about that.

What do they have in common?   Big spenders in advertisement.   Throw money at them and they will say whatever you want.

I'm an NRA member but feel a bit disapointed about their performance.   The industry itself should take a more active role on all this.

[/rant]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top