Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 5:38:34 PM EDT
At least my gun rocks:

Sorry, I'll try and get better pics...  I have a vid camera, so video is awesome but still pic quality is only 2.3 mp

RRA 16" Chrome Lined A3 Upper
Stag Lower
Stag 6 pos. stock
YHM BUIS
Pentagon X2 (mounted via Vltor)
Tango Down VFG
MI #17 Rail system
IDF Black Sling (not shown)
Hogue Rubber Grip

I have only cheap optics, a t168 so far, and I just picked up an aimpoint clone from jack in the EE.  I want to test out and see if I like red dot or zoom better, or maybe just stick to irons, or irons/laser eventually, don't know!

BTW:  For all you wanting to know, the MI handrails are SWEET!  They completely destroyed my fingertips however
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry, I'll try and get better pics...  I have a vid camera, so video is awesome but still pic quality is only 2.3 mp
2.3MP for web pics is okay, but you need better lighting.  Try some natural lighting and it will look better.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]

The lighting at the mall sucks however

[homer]DOH![/homer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The lighting at the mall sucks however

No way, the best gun lighting is at the malls....  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone got any ideas for a decent 5mp camera that can be had for cheap?  Like <200$

Regardless of pics, how's the setup looking?  I might take advantage of the 25% off at Quantico Arms and see if I can snag an Eotech...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone got any ideas for a decent 5mp camera that can be had for cheap?  Like <200$

Regardless of pics, how's the setup looking?  I might take advantage of the 25% off at Quantico Arms and see if I can snag an Eotech...

The setup looks great!  You're just lacking a good optic, but it sounds like you have a plan for that.  I like how you started with iron sights and didn't bolt on some POS optic just to have something on there.  

I don't know about a 5MP camera, but I just picked up a Nikon Cookpix 4600 for $150.  Decent camera and a decent price.  Unless your doing large prints or a lot of enlargement/cropping, 4MP will do the job with room to spare.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of my pictures are shot in low or medium resolution with an older Olympus C750.  If you use better lighting, your pictures will turn out much better.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The setup looks great!  You're just lacking a good optic, but it sounds like you have a plan for that.  I like how you started with iron sights and didn't bolt on some POS optic just to have something on there.  

I don't know about a 5MP camera, but I just picked up a Nikon Cookpix 4600 for $150.  Decent camera and a decent price.  Unless your doing large prints or a lot of enlargement/cropping, 4MP will do the job with room to spare.  

I gotta get that tacpoint replaced....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That's an interesting tidbit ... a decent (looking) camera for $150.  I might just have to pick one of these up some day (in a few months, most likely ... other priorities).
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:49:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Update with the rail covers and aimpoint optic

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats JS,

Stick is right, you don't need 5mp for good net pics. Just better lighting. Come to think of it, I have great light at my place. Maybe I should hold on to it for a while and take some pics for you. (ahem)

Good looking carbine!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats JS,

Stick is right, you don't need 5mp for good net pics. Just better lighting. Come to think of it, I have great light at my place. Maybe I should hold on to it for a while and take some pics for you. (ahem)

Good looking carbine!

The weather is too crappy out here... no good lighting whatsoever!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top