Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Old, nearly dead thread I know, BUT I just got pulled over Saturday afternoon on my way to Olympia.  I lowered all my windows even though it was raining for two reasons.  First and foremost, I have electric windows, can't lower them when the key isn't in the ignition, and second, my drivers side window quit working.
I handed my CPL to the trooper with my license, reg, ins, and when he was it he just glanced at it and asked if I was carrying.  He told me to just leave it alone then and thanked me for telling him.
After he gave me the ticket, he asked what I carry, and his response was, "oh, cool."

Other than getting the ticket, it wasn't a bad experience.  That's what I get for hanging back from the pack, made me stand out, easier to target with LIDAR.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang, that sucks.  But, if it's any consolation, look at your post count! (5-5-6)

Trey

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I took a reputable firearms class recently, names witheld.

The instructor told us, in very clear terms, to lie to the officer.

The instructor said, don't offer CPL unless asked. If asked if carrying a firearm, say 'No', even if you are. If he asks you to step out of car, then say, 'I am carrying' BEFORE you open the door and get out. It'll probably piss the officer off but it's not against the law to do.

The instructors reasoning was, if you tell the officer that you are carrying, even with a CPL, then he has probable cause to search your car. The search could leave the motorist open to planted evidence or to things out of the drivers control, like their children leaving a pot seed in the car, etc.

I am not sure I agree with the instructor but I kinda see the point being made.

Any opinions on this?

All I can say is wtf?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top