Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I got Steve's application and check in the mail yesterday and sent off all our applications and checks to KRRC this morning.  We should be good to go on that score.

Craig, have you heard anything back on camping at the range?

AK-Dave, there's no team requirement, if you're still interested in coming out, I'm sure you'd be welcome.  They've probably got three other solos they can squad you up with.

Got me two Under Armour Loose Gear t-shirts in brown, so I'm all good there as well.

Any other open items?

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
 Sorry, haven't heard a thing. But I'm still planning to bring the camper anyhow. Other than than I'm ready.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you guys think of me bringing a camcorder out to shoot some footage of the festivities?

I was thinking that if I could get enough decent footage I might try my hand at putting together a short (10-20 min.) video of the whole match.

The reason that I'm asking for input is;

a) obviously most of the footage I shoot will be of our relay.
b) if I'm shooting video, I can't be helping out pasting targets.
c) plus, I can't be shooting video more than 10-15% of the time, so if I had a few volunteer cameramen, I'd be able to get more footage to work with.

KRRC, is OK with me shooting footage during the match.  They just asked for a copy of whatever I shot.  I'm hoping to be able to hand them something better raw footage.

What do you guys think of this?

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that it would be cool.  If you have a digital video camera, my brother has an edit station and he can do just about anything you want to it, also, convieniently enough, He is thiking about tagging along to help out, so It just might work out perfect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What do you guys think of me bringing a camcorder out to shoot some footage of the festivities?

I was thinking that if I could get enough decent footage I might try my hand at putting together a short (10-20 min.) video of the whole match.

The reason that I'm asking for input is;

a) obviously most of the footage I shoot will be of our relay.
b) if I'm shooting video, I can't be helping out pasting targets.
c) plus, I can't be shooting video more than 10-15% of the time, so if I had a few volunteer cameramen, I'd be able to get more footage to work with.

KRRC, is OK with me shooting footage during the match.  They just asked for a copy of whatever I shot.  I'm hoping to be able to hand them something better raw footage.

What do you guys think of this?

-Frank

I'm ok with it. And I think everyone will help out. I was planing on bringing a camra anyway. and I'll be happy to tape a few more targets if thats what it takes
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I would ask that I not be photographed.  I've gotten in enough trouble with the Navy over something similar in the past that I don't want to risk it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
 Well all set to go, but will we need any slugs? Doesn't say on the web site.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm gonna bring a couple of boxes out with me just in case.

Actually, I was thinking about loading my extra ammo and gear into the car to bring out to the match just in case we needed it.  Better to have too much gear than to need something that's sitting at home in the garage.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna bring a couple of boxes out with me just in case.

Actually, I was thinking about loading my extra ammo and gear into the car to bring out to the match just in case we needed it.  Better to have too much gear than to need something that's sitting at home in the garage.

Sounds good! I have 00 buck and I'll try too pick up a few slugs.

This is a three gun not Muti gun. so I'll assume all stages are weapon specific. I really don't have the gear to carry stuff for  shotgun and rifle at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know if thigh (tactical) holsters are IPSC legal for 3-Gun?

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
No, I just assumed they were.  I was planning to use a thigh holster, along with a thigh pouch on the left for rifle and pistol magazines.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
  I have both, so I'll just bring everything I own.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I'm gonna stick with a hip holster.  The thumb break on my thigh holster seems a little slower compared to the "snap" action on my hip holster off the draw.

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone got any last minute issues/comments/questions?

Oops.  Almost forgot.

If you have one, bring your folding camp chairs with you.  We won't get much of a chance to sit down during the relays, but I suspect that seating will be limited during lunch.  And having a nice comfy chair to kick back in during lunch is going to be worth its weight in gold.

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope I'm good. See ya Sat.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Just to confirm, meet at krrc @0745 , bring guns, ammo, and chairs.  I see that there is rain in the forcast, does anyone have one of those easy up shelters, that may be nice either way, a dry place in the rain, or a shady place in the sun.  Let me know if noone else has one, I have been looking for an excuse to buy one.PS. Can't wait, this should be a blast!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#17]
 Nope not I. I'm leaving right after my Daughter finises her Cross country race.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think anyone will be on tonight, but good game today team ARFCOM(Complete strangers)A.K.A. Team "strange"
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Well??? How did you guys do???  How did the po-po do?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well??? How did you guys do???  How did the po-po do?

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]
knock, knock?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I think we did ok,  the scores should be on the uspsa website soon.  A good time was had by all, and there were talks of doing it again next year.  We will have pictures up soon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Frank (ColdFusionGuy) should get and post the official team (Complete Strangers) results later.

Fun two days. The shooting finished later than anyone thought it would on both days. Didn’t finish the shotgun circuit until @ 1900 or so today. BS’d with some of the RO’s and waited to see some of the standings before going home.  have

Once more to team Strange (ColdFusionGuy, Cboyer, Rhinodoc and DFARM) from ARFCOM, thanks I had fun.  heUSPSA site and the link to the results here.. I’ll leave it to the individual players to give out their name and shooter number.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Team Complete Strangers (ARFcom) put in a respectable showing at the KRRC Courage Classic last weekend, finishing 6 out of 10 teams on the field.

While our performance was not spectacular, all of us had our moments.

Its kinda hard to judge the performance of the LE and military guys as they were the majority of the competitors there and placed across the board.  Many of them were very,very good.  A few, not quite as good, about even with us civvies.  Still, it was a treat to watch these folks go through their paces.

Even more fun, was watching the "gamers" work a stage, trying to out think the scenerio in creative ways to increase their score.  They were loads of fun to watch, very entertaining.

In my eyes, the best part of the whole match was that it gave me a chance to try out my tactical gear in "scenerios" where I'd actually have put them to more use than just wearing it.  I got to put my AR through its paces a bit more than just shooting it on the rifle line.  In a fun  and safe environment, I had to plan, think, run, jump and shoot while under the clock.  What more could you ask for a $35 entry fee?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top