Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2003 4:36:02 PM EDT
Ok, just to let those who sent frantic e-mails out and called the forrest rangers and especially the guy who let out the search hounds, I'm here and somewhat OK!  I had to go to court to fight of a very undeserved traffic infraction on Monday morning.  Thanks to the work of a lawyer that CavVet recommended I got handed down a "dismissed" judgement.  However since the dismissal was on a technicallity it wasn't quite good enough for me since I really DID NOT COMMIT THE INFRACTION!!  Anyway, it all got sorted out just in time so I didn't do jail time.

Me and the wife then went for three nights out in the mountains.  Was very nice.  I am still ready to go to my property up in Omak though if anyone is interested.  Give me a shout!

Thanks....2wP
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
As that same lawyer will tell you when you tell him I was not... A win is a win...

You won, you did not have to pay 'the man'...Enjoy it.

IS this a bad ass country or what? Actually, in most third world shitholes I know and love, you would not have had to stress it this long. You would have bribed the cop right there and it would have been over with that day!

Alls well that ends well. Since I had promised you a money back guarentee, I am glad as hell he won. I was a little worried too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Dammit, disregard that phone call then. Hey, I'm tending bar Friday night, you guys free?
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I called a lawyer about my "driving with wheels left of the centerrline" ticket, and he says the statute says its only illegal if there is opposing traffic.

My court date should arrive any day now.

Since I'm a wet nosed kid, I'm taking along the lawyer so I will be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
2wP, Im glad you are O.K.

Combat, you are GUILTY!
good luck anyway
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
WB 2whiskey, congrats on your "win!"

Good luck Combbat Jack.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I called a lawyer about my "driving with wheels left of the centerrline" ticket, and he says the statute says its only illegal if there is opposing traffic.

My court date should arrive any day now.

Since I'm a wet nosed kid, I'm taking along the lawyer so I will be taken seriously.

Like I told 2WP, not just any lawyer will do, you need the best lawyer. Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top