BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2003 9:09:17 AM EDT
Meet and greet?
Breakfast?
Show?
Shooting afterwards?

Who's in for it?

Saturday or move it to Sunday the 19th so that those none Saturday activity people can at least give lip service to coming out?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't have to ask me twice.  Either day is fine for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
all of the above!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Saturday?
What the POA&M?

You guys are messing up by planning it this far in advance!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Too bad, I'm working on 18OCT, then to a Halloweenie party after.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
'scuz me...I WAS present or accounted for on the last Sunday exercise...tyvm....And you were where???

No lip service...I was there. Earlier than I was expected, hell earlier than I expected!

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok Cav untwist your panties ......

But perhaps we have hit on the code here.  Make an event drinking related and CavVet shows up early.

Joe WTF is POA&M?

We're sending SuperChicken to undisclosed location #1 where his job will be to distract the media from the real location.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Buzz Inn?  9:00?  Three red beers and a chicken fried steak!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
saturday or sunday? im there either day. i'll try to get ck and gtcrispy to go too, neither of them have a car.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#9]
What day? What time? Location?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What day? What time? Location?

I'll call you after I get in from the bar on Saturday morning and let you know.  Wouldn't want to mess up by planning too early you know.  

Did you say chicken fried steak?  Damn!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
saturday or sunday? im there either day. i'll try to get ck and gtcrispy to go too, neither of them have a car.

I be working. Should've had it one of the past few weekends!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Did you say chicken fried steak?  Damn!!!!!!!!

And don't forget the three red beers!

Because of recent updates to my hectic life, Saturday has now become slightly better than Sunday for me.  I would, however, still attend on either day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys,
I've never actually been to a gun show here yet. Are there any good deals on gun safes(read:economical) at the gun shows? I was just about to plunk down the cash for the 10 or 14 gun Sentry at Wally world.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]
POA&M = Plan of Action & Milestones.

Quoted:
Ok Cav untwist your panties ......

But perhaps we have hit on the code here.  Make an event drinking related and CavVet shows up early.

Joe WTF is POA&M?

We're sending SuperChicken to undisclosed location #1 where his job will be to distract the media from the real location.

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey guys,
I've never actually been to a gun show here yet. Are there any good deals on gun safes(read:economical) at the gun shows? I was just about to plunk down the cash for the 10 or 14 gun Sentry at Wally world.

Northwest Safe out of Enumclaw has a pretty decent safe for $899 at the gunshow.  I don't know if they go to Monroe though, but I always see them at the Puyallup show.  I think the ones at wallyworld my be cheaper but they are also cheeeesier.  But that would be up to you!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
POA&M = Plan of Action & Milestones.

Well now aren't we getting fancy!

The plan is to meet up at the breakfast location (time yet undetermined), failing that rendevous at the show itself, and the last chance to save the mission will be to go to the activity spot itself.  You know where I plan on going Joe, it's the spot we've been to before and one that you are vocal about keeping clean.

Mandatory mission gear for everyone is a trash bag or a box to carry trash out of the area with you and not just the stuff we brought along.  Big boxes are good as there is usually some twisted metal to pack out and it doesn't play nicely with trash bags.

The milestone will be actually getting people to show up.  I seem to recall 2wP getting stranded at a previous breakfast rendevous.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I seem to recall 2wP getting stranded at a previous breakfast rendevous.

Yes, only the most dedicated soldiers ever attend missions of this stature.  Anyway, its looking more and more like Saturday will be the better day for me.

So, hows about Saturday, 0900, Buzz Inn.  Eat then attend the WAC show in Monroe.  Head out to whichever range.  Fire off a couple rounds then head to the bar.  Good?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Mandatory mission gear for everyone is a trash bag or a box to carry trash out of the area with you and not just the stuff we brought along.  Big boxes are good as there is usually some twisted metal to pack out and it doesn't play nicely with trash bags.

Bit of a clean up party at the Sultan place? I could talk to my media contacts () and have them do a story on shooters cleaning up the environment. But anyway, I'll bring some trashbags and boxes to help clean the place up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bit of a clean up party at the Sultan place?

Wasn't planning on going to Sulta, I was planning on going up the road aways to an alternate shooting location, but you're the diversion so hell ya take the media up that way.

So, hows about Saturday, 0900, Buzz Inn. Eat then attend the WAC show in Monroe. Head out to whichever range. Fire off a couple rounds then head to the bar. Good?

That's the plan then be at the Buzz Inn at 9am for chicken fried steaks and red beers, then onto the show.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds good! I'll make CK go too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#21]
how "good" is the monroe show? is it worth coming up from Lacey?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
how "good" is the monroe show? is it worth coming up from Lacey?

It probably isn't, but I have been surprised at some. There is also a show in Chehalis this weekend. It also isn't that great, but not too bad on occasion. I'm guessing Stokes will probably be at Chehalis, as I don't think it's often worth his time to lug his stuff up to Monroe. Not sure on that though.

This is the WA Gun Show list (not always maintained well): www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=176

Edited to add: It might be worthwhile just to meet some of the folks and go shooting though.

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Edited to add: It might be worthwhile just to meet some of the folks and go shooting though.

Does that mean you need your driver to pick you up around 0800 Saturday JAFO?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Does that mean you need your driver to pick you up around 0800 Saturday JAFO?

Nein.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#25]
It means he is waiting on the weekend event to be on a Sunday too!

Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be at Monroe on Saturday morning...I work until six AM anyhow, so I'll just sleep late tommorow, retrieve my faux-91/30 sniper from Randy at Lynwood Gun, and then go straight from work to the show Saturday morning. Look for a bleary guy with a Saiga 12 Tactical that *must go* (actually I just want to trade it for either a PM-11 or enough for a MPA-30).

RG
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
You mean to tell me there will be alcohol, breakfast, gunshow, shooting, and alcohol...right?
Hey, hey, hey!

I may consider doing a 'trunk full of gunstuff' disappearing act on Sat. AM.
Last day of a week off, why not?

The weather will be nasty, but a few rounds down range wouldn't hurt before I have to deal with the general public again on Monday!

I'll put this up for consideration.
That's a definite maybe.

Where's the restaurant?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You mean to tell me there will be alcohol, breakfast, gunshow, shooting, and alcohol...right?
Hey, hey, hey!

I know, sounds like a good start to the weekend to me!

(don't worry, masses amounts of alcohol will be consumed after the shooting is done)

Yes, according to the weather channel, this may end up being more socializing than shooting.  I do have the need to send some lead downrange though!

Where's the restaurant?

If you come in to Monroe from Hwy 522, turn left at the light (hwy 2).  The Buzz Inn is 1/2 mile or so on the right hand side.  Wear AR15.com attire if you have any.  The waitress there always seems to get a kick out of it!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#29]
daaaaaammmmmnit. my dad is like "youre not going anywhere until you get a job." i dont think i'll be able to find one before tomorrow morning
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
daaaaaammmmmnit. my dad is like "youre not going anywhere until you get a job."

Well just get your girlfriend to give you a...oh wait, that's probably not what he meant.  Just ask him nice again, maybe he'll let you go.  Then next week, shake your ass out there and get a freakin job man!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Quoted:
daaaaaammmmmnit. my dad is like "youre not going anywhere until you get a job."

Suck it up and learn to say "Would you like to super size that."

If my company folds I myself may very well have to learn that phrase.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#32]
2WP, he was talking about locking my gunsafe with a chain yesterday! i think he's getting a little angry...
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey guys, I was going to go, but my mother-in-laws cooking of some "fresh" silver salmon last night had me up at 4 am praying to the porcelain god.

I thought I was good to go at 7, I made it almost to the Deception Pass bridge before I had to turn around.

I am still not feeling right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#34]
SC, if yer not above Manuel Labore lemme know, I may be able to get you a job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top